Trophy - zulu war sets (3 Viewers)

January 1879

A Naval Brigade contingent from HMS Active fire their rockets at a group of Zulu spotted across the Inyezane River.

The rocket used by the Naval Brigade was the 24 pounder Hale’s rocket. It had been adopted by the military in 1867. The Hale’s rocket’s stabilization was produced by a rotation of the rocket itself. This was accomplished by three metal vanes that deflected the rocket’s exhaust, causing the rocket to spin in a manner similar to a bullet leaving a rifled barrel.

Cheers

Martyn:)

January 1879

A Naval Brigade contingent from HMS Active fire their rockets at a group of Zulu spotted across the Inyezane River.

The rocket used by the Naval Brigade was the 24 pounder Hale’s rocket. It had been adopted by the military in 1867. The Hale’s rocket’s stabilization was produced by a rotation of the rocket itself. This was accomplished by three metal vanes that deflected the rocket’s exhaust, causing the rocket to spin in a manner similar to a bullet leaving a rifled barrel.

Cheers

That is an absolutely gorgeous photograph. Color and composition are spot on

Randy

One of my favorite Trophy sets. This was the 1st Trophy Zulu set that I picked up.
Brian

Many thanks Brian :salute:: This set is one of my favourites as well

Thought it was about time I took some pictures of the AZW range:wink2:

Cheers

British Army camp, Zululand, June 1879

Cheers

Superb variety of Trophy non-combat sets, Martyn ..... Len certainly had the AZW well covered.

Very nicely displayed and photographed. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Superb variety of Trophy non-combat sets, Martyn ..... Len certainly had the AZW well covered.

Very nicely displayed and photographed. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Many thanks Buster glad you like the picture :salute:: Len made some great "Behind the lines" sets

All the best

Martyn...all the sets in your British army camp look great together...the tents...the service ambulance...the campfire scene...the supply wagon...the photographer set and especially the officers with the maps...this makes a really nice display!

Martyn...all the sets in your British army camp look great together...the tents...the service ambulance...the campfire scene...the supply wagon...the photographer set and especially the officers with the maps...this makes a really nice display!

Many thanks Michael :salute::

Cheers

A scout arrives at Cetshwayo's court with news of the Zulu victory at Isandlwana

Figures include Little Legion and John Gittings

Cheers

Naval Brigade carry out Gatling Gun practice at Fort Pearson on the Tugela River

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back