Trophy - zulu war sets (1 Viewer)

quite a slaughter Martyn...^&grin

Papa Zulu used to tell me...

"you can't have enough dead Zulus in your collection"...

it brings back fond memories every time I see a Zulu figure...

quite a slaughter Martyn...^&grin

Papa Zulu used to tell me...

"you can't have enough dead Zulus in your collection"...

it brings back fond memories every time I see a Zulu figure...

Many thanks Michael

This is dedicated to Joe :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Set# ZS12A - 24th THE CHARGING SET

This set replaced ZS12 THE CHARGING SET, as you can see the figures in ZS12 have field packs whereas ZS12A do not have field packs

Cheers

Those are spectacular figures, beautifully displayed on a realistic diorama with the perfect backdrop . . . well done Martyn!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Those are spectacular figures, beautifully displayed on a realistic diorama with the perfect backdrop . . . well done Martyn!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Many thanks Louis glad you like them :salute::

Cheers

JOHN DUNN'S FOOT SCOUTS

A trader named John Dunn had become very friendly with King Cetshwayo, the Zulu king allowed him to own a large farm in Zululand adjacent to the Lower Drift of the Thukela. Just before War broke out in December 1878 he left Zululand and crossed to Natal. He brought 150 of his Zulu workers with him and they fought on the side of the British during the Eshowe relief expedition in March 1879

Cheers

John Dunn's Foot Scouts in action against the Zulu

Cheers

Unfortunately on returning from Eshowe several of Dunn's Scouts were killed and wounded by the 3/60th Rifles during a false alarm

Cheers

Natal Light Horse and Shepstone's Horse (also know as Shepstone's Basothus) in action near Ulundi, June 1879

Cheers

Shepstone's Horse (also know as Shepstone's Basothus) in action near Ulundi, June 1879

Cheers

Shepstone's Horse (also know as Shepstone's Basothus) in action near Ulundi, June 1879

Cheers

Marytn: I really enjoy your photo dioramas each morning. Thanks for making the effort to photograph and post them. Tommy

Natal Light Horse in action near Ulundi, June 1879

The NLH first saw action in May 1879, commanded by Capt. W. Whalley ex. 17th Lancers
The core of the unit was drawn from the Frontier Light Horse and at one time comprised of 138 men, their largest action was at the Battle of Ulundi on July 4th 1879. As the original troopers were drawn from the FLH there uniform was heavily influenced by that of the FLH. Along with Martini-Henry and Snider carbines many men carried sabres and revolvers

Cheers

In the last few days the ranks of JOHN DUNN'S FOOT SCOUTS have received new recruits.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back