Trophy - zulu war sets (2 Viewers)

THE DEFENCE OF RORKE'S DRIFT

These are the boxes that the figures came packed in

This is the original flyer Trophy produced to advertise the set, note the original price ^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

I have been asked on a few occasions which figures made up the complete set of the original “DEFENCE OF RORKE’S DRIFT” set.

Here are the figures

Cheers

THE DEFENCE OF RORKE'S DRIFT

This is the original flyer Trophy produced to advertise the set, note the original price ^&grin

Cheers

Wow Martyn, what a great set ..... and that original price brings a tear to my eye, wish I had known about Trophy back in those days. :smile2:

B.

Wow Martyn, what a great set ..... and that original price brings a tear to my eye, wish I had known about Trophy back in those days. :smile2:

B.

Many thanks Buster:salute:: I was very lucky to start collecting AZW just as this set was released

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

Right you are. It is also the 136th Anniversary of the Defence of Rorke's Drift.

Cheers, Raymond.

Attachments

• Copy of 147-4729_IMG.JPG
    Copy of 147-4729_IMG.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Copy of 147-4772_IMG.JPG
    Copy of 147-4772_IMG.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 151
Well done Martyn, great pictures ..... especially like the "breakfast at the camp" scene.

B. :salute::

Well done Martyn, great pictures ..... especially like the "breakfast at the camp" scene.

B. :salute::

Many thanks Buster:salute:: I'ts great to see Mike is producing similar sets :wink2:

Cheers

Today, 23rd of January, is the 136th anniversary of the successful end to the Defence of Rorke’s Drift

Mounted units from Lord Chelmsford’s force approach Rorke’s Drift

Lord Chelmsford observes the Zululand bank of the Buffalo River after arriving on the Rorke’s Drift side

Extra troops are preparing to defend the Drift but the Zulu have left the area and are returning to Ulundi

One of the defenders, Sgt Milne of the 3rd Regt “The Buffs”, has his picture taken with Zulu trophies

Cheers

Here is a set you don't see very often

Set# DB001 - 24th Regt. Helmet Plate 1879 on wood shield

This was given to me by my good friend Lynn Kenwood of MKL Models who tragically passed away in October 2013. I had never seen another until last week when one was offered for sale on Ebay UK

Cheers

That's real nice keepsake, Martyn ..... a treasure made even more special as it was a gift from a good friend.

B.

This was given to me by my good friend Lynn Kenwood of MKL Models who tragically passed away in October 2013. I had never seen another until last week when one was offered for sale on Ebay UK

Cheers

oh my, I didn't know lynn passed away, he helped me with a lot of Napoleonic trophy sets over the years. great guy, how old was he?

oh my, I didn't know lynn passed away, he helped me with a lot of Napoleonic trophy sets over the years. great guy, how old was he?

Hi Greg

Lynn was 72 years old, he was indeed one of the best, and a good friend of mine for over 20 years

Cheers

Martyn

Cheers

Nice piece , Martyn
Len made them for 24th regiment museum and they could be bought only in the museum. The museum send Len an original helmet, he made the mold and then this set was born :). This is a story i heard. Scarce set indeed but I am not sure if it's very desirable.
Al

Nice piece , Martyn
Len made them for 24th regiment museum and they could be bought only in the museum. The museum send Len an original helmet, he made the mold and then this set was born :). This is a story i heard. Scarce set indeed but I am not sure if it's very desirable.
Al

Thanks for that info Al. I would never sell mine, but there is one for sale on Ebay with a BIN price of $305 (£199.99)

Cheers

Very rare version of..

SET# Z61 - WOUNDED ZULU with him holding a knobkerri

All the previous figures I have seen have him holding an assegai

The figure with the assegai was also issued in set# ZS28 - ZULUS FROM THE DRIFT as an ADD-ON set to the Big Box set THE DEFENCE OF RORKE'S DRIFT

A single figure with the assegai sold on Ebay before Christmas for just over £75 {eek3}

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back