U-96 U-Boat Set Sneak Peek (2 Viewers)

Anybody on the forum need to buy a liver or maybe a kidney or two, maybe a few pints of blood ....{sm3}

Anything connected with Submarines you know that I would be all in, but I do fear the bank account will see some significant withdrawals.

--- LaRRy

I'm flattered to receive such kind words from the man that started it all! Thanks Andy, that was very kind. It was ALOT of work.

Full intel with oodles of pics due next week.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure Andy is very delighted to see this uboot produced.
Andy would've made this if he's optimistic about sales. (Remember CS Brit Waterloo Artillery train)
But if sales turn out well, K&C would be producing the uboot right away!

It's tough to beat the big boy, but I'm glad to be a collector during this exciting time!

Das boot ist sehr gut! Shock and Awe indeed, worthy of Figarti at their best Brian.

I'm pretty sure Andy is very delighted to see this uboot produced.
Andy would've made this if he's optimistic about sales. (Remember CS Brit Waterloo Artillery train)
But if sales turn out well, K&C would be producing the uboot right away!

It's tough to beat the big boy, but I'm glad to be a collector during this exciting time!

I wish all the best to Brian on his UBoat...If and when it is a success he will rightly deserve ALL the plaudits and rewards that come with that success...Even so success or not K&C will not be producing a K&C version...All the best Guys and happy collecting! Andy.

Last edited:
I wish all the best to Brian on his UBoat...If and when it is a success he will rightly deserve ALL the plaudits and rewards that come with that success...Even so success or not K&C will not be producing a K&C version...All the best Guys and happy collecting! Andy.
Good to know if we plan to buy this one - thanks for the info Andy.

Rob; you will need a lot of space! A 1/30 scale model of the U-96 would be 88 inches (7'3") long, stem to stern. The deck section would be less in this waterline model. The 88mm Deck Gun looks great and the crew figures are superb. I think Brian has a real wining product that will excite a lot of people. The largest U-96 model available currently is the Revell 1/72, which is 37" long. Andrea made a 1/32 U-96 conning tower model with 5 man crew in 1999, but it had very short deck sections and no deck gun.

This is beautiful!

I've been wanting the upper section of a U-Boat for a long time. Fantastic! Need to start making space...

Kriegsmarine Port with Building (3) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Why not, Andy? Seems to be pretty popular. Cheers

...because K&C will be producing a submarine hunter!

I'll certainly buy this model if the cost is within tolerance. The size will of course be another issue for most collectors. I wonder how it will look on a dinning table. Would produce some interesting table conversations, especially for those collectors with partners ha ha.

I'll certainly buy this model if the cost is within tolerance. The size will of course be another issue for most collectors. I wonder how it will look on a dinning table. Would produce some interesting table conversations, especially for those collectors with partners ha ha.

I think the size will be an issue. How many have room for something that large. Not many I wager.

Both the deck gun and the conning tower are available as models from Andrea miniatures. I have both of them here in my "grey army".

cool subject- there is a uboat survivor/POW living locally. he also wrote a book. Interesting story.

Grant

Brian usually is very fair on price. Many nice pieces over the years and all very reasonable and innovative. The Jagdpanther is the best ever done in polystone IMO. I display it with the loading crew; which is a great scene for a shelf display.

I have an eight foot shelf above a closet door on which I display aircraft models that I can reallocate to the TCS U-96. Great Fun!

Looks like the CS U-96 will be available in sections, the conning tower most likely the 1st piece (water base attached to the sub). This section appears to be almost 12 inches, so overall length most likely > 36". Can't wait to see the official pictures/release. Certainly to put a dent in any collector's pocket book but rather than buying as one piece, makes the purchase a little more fun and affordable. Hope all the pieces match well. Perhaps we'll see it this week???

Really awesome!

Looks like the CS U-96 will be available in sections, the conning tower most likely the 1st piece (water base attached to the sub). This section appears to be almost 12 inches, so overall length most likely > 36". Can't wait to see the official pictures/release. Certainly to put a dent in any collector's pocket book but rather than buying as one piece, makes the purchase a little more fun and affordable. Hope all the pieces match well. Perhaps we'll see it this week???

Really awesome!

Rob, Looks like all of the details and additional photos will be out this coming week. I myself am looking forward to the other photos of this sea monster.

Wayne

This item looks really fantastic...
I only wish TCS uses better materials than in the past. I stopped collecting TCS since my last roman spears, swords and figures pin bases broke as if they were made from some kind of rice dough or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back