Villagehorse's Zulu Diorama (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
I am posting this for Robin (villagehorse). Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• ZuluWar.jpg
    ZuluWar.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,061
Nicely done Robin an it was nice of you to post it for him Randy giving us the larger picture of Robin's Mission Station.

Very nice Robin thanks for sharing it with us all Randy,
Im struggling to find the space for all of mine to be set up at the moment, maybe i should take a leaf out of your book & steal the dinning room table!!!

Craig

Very nice Robin thanks for sharing it with us all Randy,
Im struggling to find the space for all of mine to be set up at the moment, maybe i should take a leaf out of your book & steal the dinning room table!!!

Craig

This use of the dining table can only be used during the day while my wife is at work, it has to be packed up before she gets home from school.

Robin mate,
Outstanding layout cobber. Like the way the backs of the buildings can be viewed from the rear. Did you take an photos from the rear. Keep up the great work and keep posting those photos. You are a credit to the Aussie collectors.
Please don't forget also the gathering of Treefroggers next June in Brisbane.
Cheers Howard

Robin mate,
Outstanding layout cobber. Like the way the backs of the buildings can be viewed from the rear. Did you take an photos from the rear. Keep up the great work and keep posting those photos. You are a credit to the Aussie collectors.
Please don't forget also the gathering of Treefroggers next June in Brisbane.
Cheers Howard

never taking any photos from the open side, must do that one day, thanks, Howard for the thought. cheers, Robin.

WOW! Very, very nicely done Robin. I remember the days when I used to set things up on the dining room table - then my wife kicked me down to the basement - the woman has no sense of humor . . . .
:) Mike

this attaches to the end of the compound

Attachments

• P4220042.jpg
    P4220042.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 395
This is where I did a local display (no selling) in a swap meet. This was back in April so it was missing the storehouse and quite a few extra figures that I have now. Rorke's Drift across the pont to the large mountain of Isandlwana (also lacking in figures awaiting release). Next time I get to do a display of Zulu, it will look heaps better and hopefully by than there will be some artillery to add also.

Attachments

• P3280011.jpg
    P3280011.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 482
Hi Robin,

Thanks very much for sharing your nice AZW display.

The Defence of Rorke's Drift is one of my favourites.

Cheers, Raymond.:)

Attachments

• ZuluWar.jpg
    ZuluWar.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,839
Thanks Raymond, just need to drop in the redoubt and a 2nd wagon on the back defence wall and I think I have nailed it by all photo's I have seen of the layout in book's. The animal enclosure in my other photo is also as the layout is in books. Cheers, Robin.

That is very nice! I have both the buildings now as well, but only about 20% the number of figures you have there... Britains did a great job with Rorke's Drift, the best IMHO! The Rorke's Drift series by Britains has been my main collecting series in the last couple of years. I hope they continue coming out with new poses for both the 24th Foot and zulus next year to add greater variety to the display.

Robin,
A great diorama. Looks like you have a lot of fun with your displays.
Now all we need is a guide with arrows indicating where all the VC winners and Smiths and Jones's are !!
Regards
Brett

Robin...your collection..."large and in charge"...love your work...always a pleasure to watch...

Very nice, W Britain's Zulu range is very impressive. I too do not have enough space to display the entire range. I have both buildings, but I do not have the room yet.

Thank you for sharing your display with us.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back