Visiting Bayern's Toy Soldier and Militaria Museum! (1 Viewer)

Wow! Bayern,
What an incredible collection of toy soldiers and antique militaria! You have done a fantastic job of displaying K&C product along with all of your other lines of figures. I particularly like your scene of what appears to be Hougomont at Waterloo? Also your WWI scene is incredible!
With all of your military antiques I was wondering if you did any reenacting?
Also I thought I read in a previous post that you had an original French Old Guard Bearskin? please post a pic!
Best regards
Martin Vasquez
Kings X

Martin,

Thanks for your reply to my collection. I am honored.
You were employed at Kings X I have found long before KC took it over when they carried more toy soldier lines, so I think you will recognize many other brands. I think it is great to have multiple types and makers of soldiers in a collection and so many of them can be purchased right here on Tree Frog Treasures.

The scene that looks like Hougomont is as close as I got to it so far. It has a great barn with the German Legion in it. But it has my Bordolino display next to it with the Russians and some out of conflict/ period Del Prado's. No time right now.

Thanks on your comment of my WWI displays. I really enjoy them! I need some more ground work like others do on the forum.

Yes, I have actually done some re-enactment in my time. That would be for another forum.

Yes I do have an OLD GUARD bearskin. I will take pictures and post sometime.

Now as promised a few more pictures of my collection!!

Hope you all enjoy.

Pic 1. Bavarian Franco Prussian War Flag with Royal Bavarian Guard Helmet above Toy Soldier Case.

5JUN12 017.JPG

Yeah I know, The Vichy French were not in WWI. Nor was the German A7V tank or captured British MKIV. They are just filling space for now until more Turks and Germans are produced.

5JUN12 037.JPG

Prussian WWI Flag; Prussian Uhlan Lance; Bronzes; Family Member Service Commemoration from Tsing Tao

5JUN12 014.JPG

This is when I recently got my new King Tiger and latest AL pieces!!!!

27APR12 090.JPG

Bavarian Napoleonic Bronze Sculpture.

5JUN12 039.JPG

Again thanks for your kind remarks and I hope you have a great evening!

Ludwig!!

Martin,

Thanks for your reply to my collection. I am honored.
You were employed at Kings X I have found long before KC took it over when they carried more toy soldier lines, so I think you will recognize many other brands. I think it is great to have multiple types and makers of soldiers in a collection and so many of them can be purchased right here on Tree Frog Treasures.

The scene that looks like Hougomont is as close as I got to it so far. It has a great barn with the German Legion in it. But it has my Bordolino display next to it with the Russians and some out of conflict/ period Del Prado's. No time right now.

Thanks on your comment of my WWI displays. I really enjoy them! I need some more ground work like others do on the forum.

Yes, I have actually done some re-enactment in my time. That would be for another forum.

Yes I do have an OLD GUARD bearskin. I will take pictures and post sometime.

Now as promised a few more pictures of my collection!!

Hope you all enjoy.

Pic 1. Bavarian Franco Prussian War Flag with Royal Bavarian Guard Helmet above Toy Soldier Case.

View attachment 96728

Yeah I know, The Vichy French were not in WWI. Nor was the German A7V tank or captured British MKIV. They are just filling space for now until more Turks and Germans are produced.

View attachment 96730

Prussian WWI Flag; Prussian Uhlan Lance; Bronzes; Family Member Service Commemoration from Tsing Tao

View attachment 96731

This is when I recently got my new King Tiger and latest AL pieces!!!!

View attachment 96732

Bavarian Napoleonic Bronze Sculpture.

View attachment 96733

Again thanks for your kind remarks and I hope you have a great evening!

Ludwig!!

To answer your comment, yes I was with Kings X prior to K&C's taking over the shop. We did carry many different lines at that time such as Frontline, Britains, Tradition, Trophy, Hocker, Imperial, East of India, Marlborough and many others...
Your flags are incredible! The embroidered lions are so detailed with all that embroidery they actually look like they are coming out of the flag three dimensionally.
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Kings X

Martin, I never knew you were at the shop that long ! A little flashback in shop history.

Martin, I never knew you were at the shop that long ! A little flashback in shop history.

Hello Panzer Ace,
I have worked for Kings X since 2004 when the store was owned by Albert "Boo" Hauser. The store has been at it's current location since 1993 but was actually opened on Broadway street in San Antonio a few years earlier and used to be a militaria/ toy soldier shop.

A truly spectacular collection {eek3} Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing the collection with us.

A truly spectacular collection {eek3} Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing the collection with us.

Thank you for your kind comments. It is truly appreciated.

Here is a jewel I added to the collection awhile back.....KC's AE Chariot with driver

Stunning item to say the least!!!

Ludwig

10JUN12 002.JPG

10JUN12 003.JPG

10JUN12 004.JPG

Thanks for looking!!

My favorite K&C piece of all time!!! Absolutley stunning!!!^&grin

I have one for sale in original box. PM me if interested.

To answer your comment, yes I was with Kings X prior to K&C's taking over the shop. We did carry many different lines at that time such as Frontline, Britains, Tradition, Trophy, Hocker, Imperial, East of India, Marlborough and many others...
Your flags are incredible! The embroidered lions are so detailed with all that embroidery they actually look like they are coming out of the flag three dimensionally.
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Kings X

Thanks for your responses guys!!!

Ludwig

I thought I would post some pictures of my Battle of Borodino display that I have been working on.

This is one of the Russian gun emplacements. Hope you like it.

Happy Fathers Day this weekend everyone. :)

Ludwig von Bayern

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

Hello Panzer Ace,
I have worked for Kings X since 2004 when the store was owned by Albert "Boo" Hauser. The store has been at it's current location since 1993 but was actually opened on Broadway street in San Antonio a few years earlier and used to be a militaria/ toy soldier shop.

Sorry I missed you on this one too Martin. Check out a few more pictures of my Napoleonic lines that have not been posted including my NEW MOUNTED NAPOLEON!!!!!!!!KC!!!!!!!!!FIGURE...
Napoleon Bonaparte has taken command with his army. His ever present Chasseur Guard at his side. Along wait from the mounted Napoleon giving the apple to his malmuke bodyguard in the picture below behind the new one.
10JUN12 049.JPG
10JUN12 050.JPG
If you know what you are looking for you will be able to pick out the Ultra-rare KC strictly limited and KCS special mounted figures in the pic below.....
10JUN12 051.JPG
10JUN12 052.JPG

Hope you like them,

Ludwig

MapleLeaf, Sorry I am just getting around to this...but thank you!!!!

Have a great day!!

Ludwig

Hello Ludwig,
Awesome to see all of the special KCS's in your Napoleonic display! Those are some great looking pcs! Your dio's of the Napoleonics are awesome!
Best Regards
Martin
Kings X

Hello Ludwig,
Awesome to see all of the special KCS's in your Napoleonic display! Those are some great looking pcs! Your dio's of the Napoleonics are awesome!
Best Regards
Martin
Kings X

Martin, Thanks..I apologize but I am a bit inebriated due to massive alcohol consumption forced upon me without my consent by crazy Bavarian neighbors elated by our win at Euro 2012...{eek3}......tomorrow is going to be something....

Anyway thanks for the kind words....I will post a few more pics..want to see more of your collection too...

10JUN12 053.JPG10JUN12 054.JPG10JUN12 055.JPG10JUN12 056.JPG

Sorry but not much else left tonight!!

Go GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT WIN OVER GREECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludwig

I am moving my snow display into my collection thread for now.........

Here is another sneak peek.....

Hope you like it,

Ludwig!

23JUN12 052a.JPG

Excellent pics/collection Ludwig, superb stuff. I very much like your Borodino scene and the look of your forthcoming winter WW2 scene, you are producing some good work here{bravo}}

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back