vote for a new collectors showcase berlin bunker diorama (3 Viewers)

Why don't you just put it to the poll mate :) There nothing wrong with having ideas but to me there not lot of interest in this that all

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of us collect Nazi troops and vehicles because you could hardly have a WW2 collection without them, and yes we all admire military skill and bravery, however thats where it stops for the majority. It was indeed a sickening racist regime and I cannot imagine anyone being offended by people such as ourselves insulting it . ^&confuse^&confuse

To get back to the subject. The idea of Hitlers bunker would probably appeal to some collectors quite a lot, but what sort of look would you want, big enough for lots of figures or just Hitler and his very temporary wife? I suggest many of you could build an excellent bunker yourself, there are loads of good modelling products these days including that concrete terrain paint from Tamiya, get yourself some walls, terrain paint, furniture and there you go you are in the nest at the final scene . I doubt anyone will do the actual bullet in the head set thats been touted, but then again you never know!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob...

I have seen that paint you mention but, have not used it as I still use plaster and pigments and normal paint. I may get some and try. I think this all reminds me a bit of the Fawlty towers episode where we are not to mention the war!!!!!lol
Mitch

Rob...

I have seen that paint you mention but, have not used it as I still use plaster and pigments and normal paint. I may get some and try. I think this all reminds me a bit of the Fawlty towers episode where we are not to mention the war!!!!!lol
Mitch

Don't get me started on comedy quotes Mitch, we will both get thrown off this thread!^&grin:wink2:

Rob

One fine day there it was...A brand new Collectors Showcase Berlin 45 `Diorama building shining through the fog. :wink2:

After a quick look through for Collectors Showcase items, it looks like there is little available for buildings outside the Berlin 38 series. Unless there are retired past items available. This would be an excellent addition to any series withing CS. The bandwagon chose Berlin 45 as its first choice. The bunker could be generic as well as the ruined buildings. Where they are built generic enough, they could be used throughout Europe. Specific buildings of course in one place. Interlocking capabiliites of the buildings would be a good forethought. Make street and street corner alignment easier and adds stability. Even have interlocking cobblestones for street designs.

Here is a prime example for a Collectors Showcase Berlin 45` Diorama building of the Chancellory {bravo}} {bravo}}
The front entrance could be one separate piece with the left and right sides as add on pieces as was done with the Lichterfeld Barracks set
A very specific Dio set for Berlin that was very popular and sold out very well here in the U.S. The same concept can be put forth for this set.

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 591
{bravo}}
Here is a prime example for a Collectors Showcase Berlin 45` Diorama building of the Chancellor {bravo}} {bravo}}

nice but how much would it cost to make , and how many would sell to make it worth making?

{bravo}} as for quantities

nice but how much would it cost to make , and how many would sell to make it worth making?

Too Easy...Done in the same manner as the Lichterfeld Barracks set.Same price point as that set seems to work just fine as all of the stateside dealers that carried these sets which I buy from are all...SOLD OUT ! As far as quantities go that would be up to CS to determine. If they made 300 sets of the Berlin Lichterfeld set, then 300 of these would easily do well ...

{bravo}}

I am betting it will be more than the Lichterfeld Barracks. The front entrance has quite a bit of depth to it. The sides as seperate probably would be equivalent costs for the barracks sides.

I am betting it will be more than the Lichterfeld Barracks. The front entrance has quite a bit of depth to it. The sides as seperate probably would be equivalent costs for the barracks sides.

Another call for CS to decide upon and make ..... ^&confuse. I think CS are the ones to make that call on pricing.

This thread has undergone some serious clearing out. Lets play nicely gentlemen and please report any issues instead of trying to take them into your own hands.

Last edited:
Another call for CS to decide upon and make ..... ^&confuse. I think CS are the ones to make that call on pricing.

True, one can conjecture though. The comments here could assist CS in doing a cost/sales ration and determine the risk of manufacturing the dio. I for one would purchase the one pictured. What about adding the Brandenburger Tor after many days of fighting for it? The downside in manufacturing these is the specific location for specific time frame. Others have made the building fit many places in many time periods, crossing over from WW1/WW2/Napoleon in many locations in Western Europe. I agree the CS buildings so far have been sold out and these were specific. It may have taken time to sell them all with the lack of availability giving them notoriety. Still my interest is piqued for the damaged Chancelory with additional buildings. This can also be used in early Post war scenarios with the rebuilding.

True, one can conjecture though. The comments here could assist CS in doing a cost/sales ration and determine the risk of manufacturing the dio. I for one would purchase the one pictured. What about adding the Brandenburger Tor after many days of fighting for it? The downside in manufacturing these is the specific location for specific time frame. Others have made the building fit many places in many time periods, crossing over from WW1/WW2/Napoleon in many locations in Western Europe. I agree the CS buildings so far have been sold out and these were specific. It may have taken time to sell them all with the lack of availability giving them notoriety. Still my interest is piqued for the damaged Chancelory with additional buildings. This can also be used in early Post war scenarios with the rebuilding.
I would love a Brandenburg Gate too...but in 1/30 scale it would be huge. {sm2}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back