vote for a new collectors showcase berlin bunker diorama (1 Viewer)

And the base for an extra month. Interesting idea though, interlocking pieces to complete the puzzle.

True, one can conjecture though. The comments here could assist CS in doing a cost/sales ration and determine the risk of manufacturing the dio. I for one would purchase the one pictured. What about adding the Brandenburger Tor after many days of fighting for it? The downside in manufacturing these is the specific location for specific time frame. Others have made the building fit many places in many time periods, crossing over from WW1/WW2/Napoleon in many locations in Western Europe. I agree the CS buildings so far have been sold out and these were specific. It may have taken time to sell them all with the lack of availability giving them notoriety. Still my interest is piqued for the damaged Chancelory with additional buildings. This can also be used in early Post war scenarios with the rebuilding.

I think you make a good about the building being to specific a item , what I like about Frontline Normandy village it can be used for lot of different diorama and think something like that would be better seller , for me the battle of Berlin was about house to house fighting and a dio with a street and a rivet bridge would make for a great Berlin dio

Thats a good idea as the building can be used in multi countried dio's. Aim to specific and manufcaturers are cutting off a large part of the collector ranks who hold no interest in a specific part of WWII.

Having seen a Brandenburg gate displayed its a big model and, so is the reich building. At the onset I mentioned generic buildings along the lines of the tenement building. This again, presupposes Brian is going to start releasing sets from the end of the war and, specifically Berlin. He has not yet and would releasing a building for that theatre be strange without having it in context of his ranges released???

He has not done this before but, it would be nice to hear from him and what he sees a possibility
Mitch

I think manufacturers also take into account collector space before doing a release. Is a set going to be too big for an average collector to have displayed in their homes. I would think a brandenburg gate would be too large at about three or four feet. Even the dio displayed on here of the reich buildings would be too large even split into three for most collectors.

I have the Lichterfeld barracks and have two additional sides to the left and back. I would like to hear from Brian as this whole discussion per these releases supposes that CS are going to enter into the Berlin in 45 theatre.
Mitch

LOL, Didn't realize it would scale out so big. That would be too large. Like the 1/35th scale DORA. Waaaaaayy too big for most, and costly.

I can't find the pictures now but, Mike has some perhaps when he gets time he can post the one from Germany he talked to me about.
Mitch

LOL, Didn't realize it would scale out so big. That would be too large. Like the 1/35th scale DORA. Waaaaaayy too big for most, and costly.

Hi guys the old photo from a German toy show is buried in my attic somewhere.I think you are both right --Mitch a German architect--Hooper or some such was making a model of the Gate in 70mm scale he did some other German ww11 buildings as well.They were amazing.Tom you would have needed a truck to get it home.It was priced around 5000.00 dollars 15-20 years ago.So i think you are both right it is made but the size and price put it out of most collector's price range.It was something to see though.If i ever find the old photo i will post it.Happy Turkey day to all.Mike B. ^&grin

Produce the Berlin battle damaged Reich Chancellory along the lines as depicted and done in the same manner as the Lichterfeld Barracks sets.if Collectors Showcase made 300 of those I would say it would be safe to say they could sell 300 Chancellory sets too. !!! :wink2:

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 589
Produce the Berlin battle damaged Reich Chancellory along the lines as depicted and done in the same manner as the Lichterfeld Barracks sets.if Collectors Showcase made 300 of those I would say it would be safe to say they could sell 300 Chancellory sets too. !!! :wink2:

If that the case why don't you make them? It ok you saying there sell but at what price ? If I wanted to do a Berlin battle scene I would by modelart dio stuff and spend the rest on tanks

If that the case why don't you make them? It ok you saying there sell but at what price ? If I wanted to do a Berlin battle scene I would by modelart dio stuff and spend the rest on tanks

I don't have to make it.that's what companies like COLLECTORS SHOWCASE are for....To produce. this forum is an open forum to suggest new products for these TS companies to release to the collectors. so if someone does not like it....Don't buy it. !!! ^&cool

Gentle Friends,

The Council of Moderators has completed its review of this thread. As you can see, a number of deletions were performed and special actions were taken in order to return this thread to an atmosphere characterized by civil discourse. The thread is has been re-opened for further discussion. Feel free to continue posting, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation. Enjoy the topic, enjoy one another, and enjoy the forum.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back