Vote for New Russian sets!!! (1 Viewer)

If KC were to release New WW2 Russian sets, would you purchase them?

• Yes

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters

GJB22

Corporal
There has been much talk, in the KC section and others, about making new WW2 Russian sets. So I decided to make an official poll for Andy to see how many of us would actually commit to buying new sets. Please show your support and vote, whether you want them or not. Who knows, maybe it will help change his mind.

It had to be a no from me. I'm sure they'd be very nice but my War budget is funding the Battle of Britain, El Alamein, Arnhem, Battle of the Bulge and of course
My allies are in Normandy. I can't fund another front.:redface2:

Rob

The T34/85 (RA-013) is one of my cherished set. If somehow some more Russians would be made. I would buy it.

It had to be a no from me. I'm sure they'd be very nice but my War budget is funding the Battle of Britain, El Alamein, Arnhem, Battle of the Bulge and of course
My allies are in Normandy. I can't fund another front.:redface2:

Rob

Very interesting!!!!!But I agree with Rob:redface2:.Maybe a few pieces.
mario

Very interesting!!!!!But I agree with Rob:redface2:.Maybe a few pieces.
mario

I forgot to add the small print in my previous thread;

If they are really nice sets I could get my wife to fund the opening of my Russian front without looking like I totally folded again:wink2:

Yep its a NO from me i cant afford to fight on 3 fronts,Africa and Europe that,s it for me im not going to make the mistake of others and challenge the Russian winter............{sm4}

Russian winter, Russian winter + 2 bottle Russian vodka.....I am voting OK{sm5}
mario:smile2:

If the question was Russian sets, but from which era,

I'd vote YES for more NAPOLEONICS,

John

Yes, if for no other reason than I need some Russian armor for my Kursk Tiger to destroy and some Russian prisoners to be herded to the rear. -- Al

Hate to throw cold water on this but Andy has been pretty consistent that he's generally not interested in Russians. Secondly, I don't think he puts much credence in polls. Thirdly, if he does put credence in them, the poll results would have to be a lot more convincing than they are now.

YES , ABSOLUTELY. I would buy KC WWII Russians!

Attachments

• Barbarrossa e.jpg
    Barbarrossa e.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 152
I also like the T34/85 that is in my collection! Though, there is another "scale" issue. The other companies that make Russians are different sizes!! Its always something. There are times when i just want to stop collecting!!!

I forgot to add the small print in my previous thread;

If they are really nice sets I could get my wife to fund the opening of my Russian front without looking like I totally folded again:wink2:

Great thinking!, Rob. But, Something that would make everyone forget all about the Russian Front. The Sherman Calliope.:salute::

I'm sure if K&C doesn't make them, others will ( CS) and sure they will get my money ^&grin .

The Soviets are not my interest in WWII HOWEVER due to their importance in WWII I definitely would buy a few token pieces for representation in my collection. K&C has stated numerous times Soviets just don't sell well HOWEVER with their new policy of producing lower numbers of pieces I think that they could successfully sell a limited line of Soviets. Afterall there really isn't much competition. The FL line isn't really competition as they service a different market niche, CS doesn't do them and Figarti has only just scratched out a few pieces. K&C's T-34 needs updating as do their foot soldiers and perhaps a few more surprises thrown in. Collectors definitely need Soviets for those Berlin and Eastern Front Germans to tangle with. I vote a muted yes. :smile2:

P.S. I feel the same way about Marines and Japanese forces for the really really Eastern Front! :p

He said the exact same thing about the Jagdtiger and, then released one. Better to not say never in this hobby as buying trends from the customer are as important as personal choice in what is released. I agree about poles especially as there are what, less than 2000 on here and a pebble in the ocean of collectors around the world even though some believe this is a true representation and what is said is done so in stone.

The fact of the 250 series or lower limits if one chooses means that it could be done by K&C if they wish. Figarti has dabbled and probably will again and, I am sure CS and others will venture there soon
Mitch

Hate to throw cold water on this but Andy has been pretty consistent that he's generally not interested in Russians. Secondly, I don't think he puts much credence in polls. Thirdly, if he does put credence in them, the poll results would have to be a lot more convincing than they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back