War and Peace 2016 (1 Viewer)

Gebhard

2nd Lieutenant
Anyone else excited about this new series based on Tolstoy's classic ? The preview looks very promising and will be airing in the US on three networks starting January 18, 2016. regards Gebhard

I am now. I had no idea this was happening. I really enjoyed reading it and the length only bothered me a little.

Just saw last night that this was coming on.Not really interested in Napoleonic wars but will check it out.

Good to see that Paul Dano is not playing a creep again. My daughter criticized Gillian Anderson's modernist gown.

7235c36d6a5a2df3f60f49599cc64ad3.jpg

There is a very good cast on paper. Will give it a try. I finally got last year (for Xmas) the Bondarchuk's version (in Russian and French) and man this is an excellent production using Russian countryside and castles/palaces. I also discovered that he and his wife were both part of the cast (he is Pierre Bezukhov)

I saw the old movie recently and liked that, but I'm really hoping that I can get to see this one, now with the new technology of photography and maybe digital enhancements for scenes such as battles.

John

The problem with shows like this is the main focus is the telling of the story, ie, a remake of War and Peace, not the battles that were a part of the story.

As a result, uniforms, equipment, tactics and unit sizes will be out of whack; that said, I'll still watch it, happy to see it remade.

Just watched EP1 and was brilliant NAP fans should love all the uniforms etc,all looked OK to me but i know sqaut about NAP stuff.

Not to mushy and only a small bit of battle but what there was ,was well done 8.5/10 :salute:::salute::

I'm off to order some NAP stuff ^&grin^&grin

Just watched it on BBC catch up and just wish the battles were a bit longer.

Not really interested in the storyline, just the basics, disappointed that we didn't see any of the Austrian army surrendering to Napoleon or anything.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes but!
Scott

Just watched EP1 and was brilliant NAP fans should love all the uniforms etc,all looked OK to me but i know sqaut about NAP stuff.

Not to mushy and only a small bit of battle but what there was ,was well done 8.5/10 :salute:::salute::

I'm off to order some NAP stuff ^&grin^&grin

Wayne, did you record it for me to see ?????

John

Does not air down here until Jan 31 on BBC FIRST.....look forward to checking it out myself!

Does not air down here until Jan 31 on BBC FIRST.....look forward to checking it out myself!

And they wonder why we have such high piracy rates,why should we have to wait a month after the initial release a joke in my books !!

And they wonder why we have such high piracy rates,why should we have to wait a month after the initial release a joke in my books !!

1. My personal integrity. first and foremost.
2. Much better picture quality.
3. Better sound.

It's on here 18 January. I have plenty to do in the meantime.

1. My personal integrity. first and foremost.
2. Much better picture quality.
3. Better sound.

It's on here 18 January. I have plenty to do in the meantime.

Yes, the 18th on Lifetime, A & E and The History Channel if I am not mistaken.

So no spoilers until then as I don't want to know anything about how Borodino and Napoleons invasion of Russia turns out....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back