What do you think? (2 Viewers)

wouldn't change a thing:cool: what a model..after the snow of the last few months here, my car looked whitewashed from just travelling on the road in
-16C... looks good to me

Rick

I think it looks good and have no preference. I think it is a bit difficult for someone like me to judge without comparison though..............

Figarti pz 4, fairly clean, looks great, good rust around schutzen frame

054fred.jpg

K&C flakpanzer with some weathering, off colour, not clean

IMG_7632red.jpg

HB Bergepanther, very good whitewash, clean, but a super variability in different light, for me this was the best until recent figarti kit

IMG_8295_3red.jpg

K&C Hetzer with slight dusting only, a great piece but I would have preferred a summer and whiter winter version

IMG_53201_1redbw.jpg

The piece that you are showing takes things to a higher level IMO. It seems to be much more of a 'modelling standard' than the 'toy soldier' standard I am used to. I would buy the model more than the weathering.

I am frankly not too fussy about how you present it given the overall workmanship. It does not appear 'too weathered' to me, but I do think that whiter vehicles can look 'nicer' sometimes in purely aesthetic terms and K&C have managed this approach very well over the years.

I am not a good enough modeller to probably even know the difference but appreciate the opportunity to comment. I did like your desert LRDG heavily weathered and do now appreciate the weathered look much more than I did.

I think that you should lead, we will surely follow when your products are of this standard

Thats a great model and the paint and weathering just gets better and better!
Rick,
Would you consider in this same vein the SDkFz 10/4?
It's a smaller halftrack with the single, I believe 37mm anti-aircraft mount that was used in both anti-aircraft and was very effective against ground targets in an infantry support role as well?
Ray

I love those figures!

Oh wait, I'm suppose to comment on the vehicle. I like the rust and the white wash but I would like to see a little more of the original gray on this one.

and when is the summer camo version coming! LOL.

Gees Rick, are you going to start a trend here and ask collectors what they want?

Carlos

I love those figures!

Oh wait, I'm suppose to comment on the vehicle. I like the rust and the white wash but I would like to see a little more of the original gray on this one.

and when is the summer camo version coming! LOL.

Gees Rick, are you going to start a trend here and ask collectors what they want?

Carlos

Less rust would be better. But I too am going to wait and see if summer camo is going to be made. Most of my AFVs are summer camo versions.

Terry

as someone who's from the tropics, and had never experienced snow, somehow, i tend to favour winter versions.

this looks good, maybe, should make the "rags and brooms look" more prominent?

i really like the vehicle.

Rick,
Superb model, nice job! I will like it regardless of the wash.

Tom

Less rust would be better. But I too am going to wait and see if summer camo is going to be made. Most of my AFVs are summer camo versions.

Terry

LOL, I'll be getting the winter version and someday if it comes out, I'll be getting the summer version too.

Carlos

. K&C and Figarti have tried to keep the cost of AFV sets down in the current economy, but I do like the idea of full upper tracks. I don't know how much the extra sculpting of a mould would add to the cost or if increased fragility would be a serious issue.

In this case, why to be obstinated to make them resin? Make them metal, like FOV: they are less expensive and the bearing better detailed .

Rick, I must say this is a very cool item.....I like the Winter Version and it looks like the weathering is well done......I WANT ONE.....VERY NICE..Will there be a driver of the half-track??

I have doubts about WW2 rusty vehicles. Mud yes, but rust? Did they have time to rust? Any pics of rusty vehicles?

Yet another homerun Rick!:D.....outstanding looking vehicle indeed. I really don't think you need to change a thing about the paint and weathering style as it currently appears. However, since you have asked for our opinions (and thank you VERY much for requesting our input :), my personal preference would be for a "slight" toning down of the whitewash as well as a change of the red/brown rust to a lighter rust shade. With that being said, the pictures you have exhibited illustrate an exemplary looking finished product as it is, IMHO. The pics aren't indicative of any necessity for significant changes in finish style, if any at all. Thanks again and congrats on what's sure to be another very popular model.

Joe

I'm not sure I see the merit of a manufacturer asking for opinions in this way because you get various opinions so that in the end you're back where you started from, kind of like paralysis through analysis. Manufacturers in other industries do ask for opinions but usually in the form of marketing research, with questionnaires, etc., which would strike me as a better way to gauge opinions about a product.

I'm not sure I see the merit of a manufacturer asking for opinions in this way because you get various opinions so that in the end you're back where you started from, kind of like paralysis through analysis. Manufacturers in other industries do ask for opinions but usually in the form of marketing research, with questionnaires, etc., which would strike me as a better way to gauge opinions about a product.

I think Rick is just fishing for compliments . . . he knows the vehicle is totally cool!:D

You're right Brad but in this industry? Is it large enough sustain such expense? Therefore aren't you guys the best source for such input in the end?

I like what Louis said in "tongue-in-cheek", however you guys remembered how he enlists opinions informally from a group of collectors at the Chicago Show for the last 2 years. How cool is that? BTW, I think some of your ideas from these meetings have been borne out in subsequent releases don’t you? LOL

Carlos

I am in the tone down the rust camp, but other than that I would say you have real winner in this vehicle!!

Carlos,

I agree with you to a certain extent but to obtain useful data, why not hand out a questionnaire at the lunch, either in Chicago or LA, with a little incentive for turning them in, and perhaps having it available on the Figarti web site. Something like that I believe would be very helpful.

I also think the focus discussions are very helpful as long as the discussion is channeled in the right direction and doesn't become a free for all.

For example, I would have made this thread a poll. The results would then help Rick and his team. This Forum is a great resource when employed in a manner designed to elicit useful responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back