what is it best to buy first the LAH soldiers or the Diorama ?? (1 Viewer)

Ironcross

Private
just wondering what I should buy first as I am collecting Berlin 38 range what will go out of stock quicker the LAH soldiers or the Diorama like the nazi eagle archway the new headquarters ect ??

Mate there is a lot to collect from the LAH range unless its not retired it won't go out of stock,so grab what you fancy.
How i keep up is i grab something as it is retired unless money permitting i grab it before or i want multiples.
It all boils down to how much you can afford i suppose its a great line and once you get a few pieces you just want more and more to get a huge parade.

Ironcross...

I would buy what you fancy. I would say though that you have to buy some figures first and then add some dio pieces next was the way I went. The current facades and buildings are popular as is all the range and, if you look at discontinued within this range they are on the shelf for a long time. I would not panic just enjoy building the collection most of what is out is relatively new.

Nice to see another LAH collector
Mitch

just wondering what I should buy first as I am collecting Berlin 38 range what will go out of stock quicker the LAH soldiers or the Diorama like the nazi eagle archway the new headquarters ect ??

Get what you fancy and what your budget is permitting.

IMO I would start with figures. Its very easy to make a simple backdrop or some self-made flags which shall be fine for the start.
All you need is a colour printer and a paint program.

We love to see how your LAH collection develops!

Oliver

BTW, for retired K&Cs I also can recommend tsrare.com (Italy)

As a general rule I would advise collecting the lower number items (ie. older) first as more likely to retire or sell out first. The two buildings are relatively new so I would go with figures first.

As other posts have said, keeping an eye on what's being retired is good advice. I started collecting this range 3 years ago with just a few of the personality figures - since then I've ended up with quite a big (and growing) collection. Some of the retired pieces I have won on ebay have usually gone for around the prices they would cost now if re-released, given current K&C pricing. Given the popularity of the range, it would be worth buying up items being retired first as you'd be unlikely to lose out too much if you decided to sell them further down the line. I didn't buy my first LAH diorama piece until a few months ago, once I had already built quite a large collection. Having said all that, you may want to just stick with one diorama piece and a small display of figures as I myself originally intended. Just be warned - this hobby can be become addictive, and expensive. Either way, have fun collecting.

Thanks alot you have all been very Helpful I will start with the LAH figures first the ones what are retired what I want build my collection up to about 12 soldiers then get a Diorama piece for them and then just carry on from there feeling very excited about building my collection I love the 1 6 figures but you just can not build on the grand scale I want to achieve with them

Hi Ironcross

we have a customer who also collects 1/6th and he creates GARDEN size dios in his back year area. Trains, trucks, everything!! and about 40 - 50 figurtes one of his last dios had working train, smoke fire etc. They used to have a website i think!?

My other bit of advice for colelcting is IF you are wanting a figure that you plan to have multiple of then you should think about getting them as well. Nothing more annoying than to get 6 of 8 or 7 or 8!! when planning a parade.

Tony

Well here you have the benefit that it's such a long running range that there is a bit of history to guide you. First of all, it's never ending. And it's like the weather, if you don't like the figs at the moment, just wait a short while, there's a new crop around the corner. So you need to come up with a plan once you see a fig series you like, are you going to go all in for a parade? Or are you just going to collect individual examples? There are still some killer parade vehicles that could be made that you are going to want funds on hand for as they won't last more than a month if that. Also, some personalities sell out quickly.

I really liked the SS long coats & wished they had done more poses / personalities / Heer. Could have got me into this range, but was just too limited as released. So pace yourself, but I would get the buildings you like as they are so versatile.

I would recommend that you buy the dioramas early as they usually have a more limited production run than most figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back