What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

one busy airfield ( all 1/72 )

DSC_41530001_zpsugxx0rnj.jpg

I had a bit of luck on e-bay this week - and won a piece that I've been after for a while - for my Western collection.

She's a Johillco Cowgirl with a Whip - a hollowcast piece - and dates from the 1950's.

Mine is below in the red shirt - and has the right hand holding the whip missing - so will require a repair (and re-paint), when I get back to my bench, later on this year. jb

Quite a rarity these days - here's how she should look - so a new arm is on order from Dorset Soldiers (Spares Department). I think that whilst repairing/replacing the arm, I'll get rid of that ugly joint - which really serves little purpose - other than allowing the arm to move - which I have never liked. Watch out for her in "Repairs" later this year. jb

With a whip,,looks a little dominent

Well Brom, .............I guess a Gal out west - has to keep all those critturs in order - whether they have four feet or two!^&grin

She's quite a rarity though - as she's one of the few female items you can find among old Wild West figures - so even with parts missing - I was very pleased to find her, and then even more pleased to win the auction at a reasonable price. jb:D

Well Brom, .............I guess a Gal out west - has to keep all those critturs in order - whether they have four feet or two!^&grin

She's quite a rarity though - as she's one of the few female items you can find among old Wild West figures - so even with parts missing - I was very pleased to find her, and then even more pleased to win the auction at a reasonable price. jb:D

well said sir

And last but not least, on Saturday afternoon, while having another stroll through all the rooms, I found the old "table and chairs" set from King & Country.
George "Warrior" had that in his room since Thursday, and I must have looked at it numerous times.
It just didn't "click" until Saturday :redface2: ^&grin
Well, now I got it, and am able to display the old set of seated French Soldiers, which I found earlier this year in the Treefrog Consignment Store.
They will go very well with the new "Hussars in Camp".

Cheers, and Happy Collecting!

Konrad

An excellent purchase Konrad - looks as if they were made for each other. jb:D

Only one figure is actually new in the pictures and "aquired in the last two weeks".
It's the Standing Musketeer PnM019 from the King & Country Pike & Musket line.

I traded it with Brad "Jazzeum" for the Customer Appreciation Dinner Show Figure at the latest Chicago Show, which was a Afrika Korps figure from the WWII era.

Here you see him with two Parliamentarian companions, a Pikeman and a dismounted Cavalryman, probably all three wondering what Cromwell has coming up for them :smile2:

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2620.JPG
    DSCF2620.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCF2621.JPG
    DSCF2621.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 350
The 3rd of the Thomas Gunn, King's German Legion Riflemen arrived yesterday.

3klg.jpg

He's the kneeling firing figure in the foreground, (slightly out of focus) and makes a fine trio of figures taking 'pot shots' at 'Le Grande Armee' in 1815.

Well done on another nice Napoleonic figures, and I'm looking forward to enlarging my 'German' forces with the forthcoming Landwehr later this year, or early 2016.

John

The 3rd of the Thomas Gunn, King's German Legion Riflemen arrived yesterday.

View attachment 180248

He's the kneeling firing figure in the foreground, (slightly out of focus) and makes a fine trio of figures taking 'pot shots' at 'Le Grande Armee' in 1815.

Well done on another nice Napoleonic figures, and I'm looking forward to enlarging my 'German' forces with the forthcoming Landwehr later this year, or early 2016.

John

DAMM will have to come over have a beer and check him out mate.

21st Century Super Cobra and Merit F14 Black Knights ( 1/18 scale)

DSC_41560001_zpsmk6fqgis.jpg

DSC_41610001_zpsochejwx2.jpg

Really like the last pic, you can do some great dio pic's of the hornet taking off and landing.

Tom

Really like the last pic, you can do some great dio pic's of the hornet taking off and landing.

Tom

Thanks Tom.
That's an excellent idea. I will have to look around for pilots and support figures.

Got to get this before it runs out.... a newer K&C tank set with ALL hatches opened and 2 crews and to scale ! :salute::

BBG072-1.jpg

BBG072-2.jpg

BBG072-3.jpg

TEDTOYS

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

This is a very special set, I received it yesterday as a gift from my very good friend Buster :salute::

Thanks mate....and Archie has given it the thumbs up :wink2:

All the best

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back