What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

I had the chance to get two rare figurines:
King & Country PM038 Afrika Korps Officer figurine from Westcoaster Dinner 2013
1G3UkMr.jpg

RuxYzAj.jpg

and John Jenkins Pilot Officer W.E. Johns, London Toy Soldiers Show 2015, author of the "Biggle" books
Is the mirror inverted version of the Club figurine Capt. Coleman
Painting job is really good
M3FGv9Q.jpg

3AKr9Bj.jpg

Came across a guy selling some 1/24 CanDo, those were very badly distributed in Europe .
Costing at the time 8$, I'm pleasently surprised by the quality
Bought 4 Trojans and 2 Samouraïs in Italy a an average 9€/piece, delivery cost included
Here some details of one of the Trojan
WR-profil-2.jpg WR-face.jpg WR-tete.jpg

I showed them on a French Forum and an US Member told us a bit more about the range
" DRAGON CAN . DO Samurai series.

Dragon(DML)from Hong Kong Funded in 1987 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Models_Limited
Released in the historical figures line generally two main scale for toy soldiers hobby.

First with the The CAN.DO line of trading miniatures became a hit with Japan teenagers when it debuted early in 2003, and they sold like hot cakes in Japanese convenience and chain stores. This series brings back the old-style fun of collecting by reintroducing an element of surprise!

The 1:35 scale CAN.DO series dedicated generally to WW2 with most belong to German army and are literally kits assembled already and painted on bases ,sold individuals or in sets of 4 plus a surprise figure.
This line by 2010 stop making after other line had over pass it in sales. Also Tamiya sue Dragon for use of copyright infringement regarding this line as many figures were a mix of original Tamiya poses kits assembled creating similar poses. (Tamiya is the creator of the first 1:35 scale figures in the kit world).The legal issue end in a settlement on Tamiya favor.

Dragon Can. Do toy soldiers/historical Second line produced was in the 1:24 scale but in reality more 1:28 or 65/75 mm approx PVC type solid painted figures of historical figures most base in popular films of late 90's the early 2000 's years but with not license character neither copy right or exact similarity.
They did Alamo Mexican and Texans,Greeks and Trojans,Pirates ,Knights ,American revolution war American Civil,Astronauts and Samurais. All made with great detail and poses dynamism.
The artist involved on the making were all Chinese from mainland china this time and some are still involved in the making of samurai /others figures for Japanese toy factories .
The Samurai series were made of two sets coming after movie (The last samurai).The first set made of 4 poses in full armor Samurai was sold very well and still some around. This set is still reissue by a Japanese small firm that bough the mold for the candy business .

The second set(4 poses too) was more historical and not quiet base in the film. It was rarely see in the US and most common in Asia/Europe ,now become more collectible as was limited run versus first series set as DRAGON stop making the CAN.DO historical 1.24 scale series by 2012.
DML sold all stock of first 1.35 scale military lines and most second line to distributors in China who resold to wholesale distribution companies ending in many cheap stores around the world plus vendor machine suppliers. The LARGE scale sets are still in their possession in most as far as off 2014.But not run. The whereabouts of 1.35 scale molds is unknown.

Here I show the first most common set and second less seen set still in packs first and next with others x compere.

My 4.7 inch guns are now manned ....the garrison arrived just yestreday from down under.......:cool:^&cool^&grin

Attachments

• IMG_5108.JPG
    IMG_5108.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_5109.JPG
    IMG_5109.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 412
An older NA piece added to my collection.... {sm4}

New such pieces figure with horse will set one back $125 nowadays {eek3}

28585230620_ea2eeef7a7_o.jpg

Rommel's Desert Horch

Get from England for reasonable price K&C's Horch as Rommel's command car AK046 (SL), a Kfz. 21 Horch 901/40

Normally they do not show up at the front and are generally pulling their weight and that of others in the rear...well it took me a while and the great help of Obee to come up with this ALL METAL ....no fancy high tech plastic {sm3}{sm3} Steam Tractor paired to a heavy 8 " Howitzer......this baby has just been released for HQ inspection and is bound to the troop ship soon.....The garrison due to some logistics mess up ( mine {sm2}{sm2} ) will follow soon.....
I the world of Artillery I figured out that too much had already been dedicated to the light field guns in the great war...so I was fortunate to tap into some sources and get emblematic samples of the great heavies from the British, German and Austrian stock and will with the help of Obee be showing them during the course of 2016-2017.......
Cheers
A_C

Attachments

• IMG_5430 (3).jpg
    IMG_5430 (3).jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 285
This is a Toy Soldier too... Right??? {sm4}

Just received from JAPAN - may the force be with you.....

29071175646_facaea3e90_o.jpg

Seven new Knights to join my Medieval collection below.

All began life as mounted Selwyn-Smith recasts - done in the style of Richard Courtney figures, which were (mostly) my original inspiration. Many have been made up by Courtney previously - but NOT using this casting as the basis for his figures. All have been heavily modified with a variety of heads, weapons, armour and arms etc., from a variety of sources, including Dorset Soldiers, Whitetower Miniatures and even parts saved from irreparable old hollowcast figures. All helmets are detachable from a painted head underneath.

All seven depict Knights who have actually lived - and are from Left to Right (top picture); Sir John Lonsdale, Sir Walter Manny, Alphonso, King of Aragon, Sir Rafe Beaupre, Sir John Montgomery, Sire Eustace de Ribemont, and Sir Amyan Brett. jb

Last edited:
I just received JJD's complete BL 6-inch 26 cwt howitzer. I'm excited to unpack all the boxes and put it out on display.

GWb34pic.jpg

Ubique!

Brendan

I just received JJD's complete BL 6-inch 26 cwt howitzer. I'm excited to unpack all the boxes and put it out on display.

View attachment 197541

Ubique!

Brendan

My goodness, Brendan, that's quite a display that you're going to have. Jenkins goes deeper into his subjects than any other manufacturer. Congratulations on a fabulous purchase.

-Moe

All began life as mounted Selwyn-Smith recasts - done in the style of Richard Courtney figures, which were (mostly) my original inspiration. Many have been made up by Courtney previously - but NOT using this casting as the basis for his figures. All have been heavily modified with a variety of heads, weapons, armour and arms etc., from a variety of sources, including Dorset Soldiers, Whitetower Miniatures and even parts saved from irreparable old hollowcast figures. All helmets are detachable from a painted head underneath.

All seven depict Knights who have actually lived - and are from Left to Right (top picture); Sir John Lonsdale, Sir Walter Manny, Alphonso, King of Aragon, Sir Rafe Beaupre, Sir John Montgomery, Sire Eustace de Ribemont, and Sir Amyan Brett. jb

Those are beautiful. Congratulations.

Picked these up last week. Looks like I want the rest of this series !

wayne

Attachments

• DSCN5570.JPG
    DSCN5570.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 361

These are absolutely beautiful. Well worth all time and effort it took you to create them.

Picked up this SP071 "Ruined Building" to go with my Berlin 45' Diorama. Very satisfied !

Wayne

Attachments

• SP071.jpg
    SP071.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 285

Users who are viewing this thread

Back