What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

Picked up the King & Country WH066 Propaganda Kompanien Kamerman a few weeks ago.
Using him for my Berlin bunker display recording Adolf handing out cheek pinches.

Wayne

Attachments

• WH066.jpg
    WH066.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 330
As I have been such a busy boy and the business has gone beyond expectation I treated myself to a few pieces for Xmas . Completed my Kellys Heroes collection and expanded my ACW a little bit as there are no immediate signs of any Alamo stuff .xmas.jpg

Rec'd the JJD Tripe from my wife for Christmas. ^&grin And we gave the USS Constitution to our son. Chris

For Christmas I received four long since retired K&C Blackwatch from my wife, a new Russian set also K&C from my son & two new J.G.Minutures trees from my uncle who drew me for Christmas out of the hat.^&grin

Now I just have too wait for my birthday in feb.

Not a bad Christmas haul, picked up the First Legion FJ machine gun team/also a First Legion 4th Infantry (kneeling while fixing bayonet) also picked up a new Britain winter German, and 2 new J.G.Minature winter bases to add to a previous winter diorama, thanks Santa!!

I received JJD's Royal Artillery sets from the War of 1812 and an Australian mortar crew for Christmas!

Cheers,

Brendan

Not toy soldiers, but I am making my house a franken-smart home. I have added several Amazon Echo Dot's and some smart bulbs, switches and outlets. I feel like a potentate walking through my house saying, "Alexa, turn this light up. Turn that one down. Turn on the TV. Play Pandora. Give me my morning briefing, etc."

I have been thing of changing the name to something like "Smithers," "James" (and giving it a hoity-toighty British accent (no offence intended) or maybe Mary Poppins. It has been the hit of the season.

I have heard most people think Google's is better with its voice recognition ML algorithms, but I received the first Echo Dot free so I got sucked into them.

Automated and/or voice activated door locks, lights, music, weather, news briefings, etc. One of the best things are the voice activated kitchen timers. That is what sold my wife on the whole idea.

Okay - no more guesses received - so I'll tell you what I have found out.

Firstly, my old pal has confirmed that they are Staddens - and that they are a modular experiment which took place at Tradition of London - in that the heads, arms weapons etcetera were made to be interchangeable. This was discontinued later - and not transferred to any figures other than the knights. They could be older than 1960 - as they were in production this way, when my friend joined the Company in 1960 - so could date from the Fifties. They are therefore well over 50 years old.

From the left of my first pic. I think I have:

Harry Hotspur - wearing the cap of maintenance on top of his helm.
"A Norman Knight" - this figure is really the odd man out - as he has the typical long shield and is clad in chain mail with no plate armour. (see in background above).
Bertrand du Guesclin, Constable of France ( see above).
Thomas de Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick - in jousting helm with swan ornament.
William de Clinton - with head atop his helm. ( I think this is a good example of a modular figure - as the helm with head ornament is clearly a different colour metal to the rest of the figure - once the paint was removed. Again - see in background above.
King Henry V.

Delighted with them all - but especially the last figure - as I had been considering making a mounted version of Henry V - by conversion - for my "Agincourt" collection. I now have one - and he's a Stadden!!! Doesn't get much better than that.:cool:

Cheers all "likes" - glad you like 'em too. I'll be painting these up - rather carefully, in due course. :D jb

Hope the painting went well,,,I use the Russian masters work as inspiration for my attempts,,,,cheat a bit with printouts of the flag and shield art thinned and set with a white glue solution after printing out and sized as to my castings,,,

I finally got the Trophy WWI Green Troop Transport Bus I have been after for about 10 years:

Attachments

• Trophy WWI Bus, green (2).jpg
    Trophy WWI Bus, green (2).jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 382
A face only a mother could love:

Oxford%20Walrus%20003.jpg~original

Oxford's diecast Seagull/Walrus is part of its "Bluebox" line. In terms of quality, its on par with what one might expect to see from Corgi or Hobby Master in a 1/72 warbird. At 30 GBP, it's a bargain, IMO. Throw in some crew figures and a production certificate, and I'd think it could fetch twice as much. Credit Agent X20 for the image.

-Moe

A self given Christmas present....:):)...these are Mariella 21 Lacers and Mahdists and some additional Lancers from Two Flags...great manufacturers that are UK bloodline and hard to find.....:cool: And a WW1 Sopwith cammel to support my troops is the Middle East Front.....
Cheers
A_C

Attachments

• IMG_1482 (2) (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1482 (2) (Copy).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1479 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1479 (Copy).JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1476 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1476 (Copy).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1473 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1473 (Copy).JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1399 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1399 (Copy).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 344
A self given Christmas present....:):)...these are Mariella 21 Lacers and Mahdists and some additional Lancers from Two Flags...great manufacturers that are UK bloodline and hard to find.....:cool: And a WW1 Sopwith cammel to support my troops is the Middle East Front.....
Cheers
A_CIMG_1482 (2) (Copy).JPGIMG_1476 (Copy).JPGIMG_1473 (Copy).JPGIMG_1399 (Copy).JPG

My new Trophy WWI Green Bus arrived today:

Attachments

• Trophy Green Bus 1.jpg
    Trophy Green Bus 1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Trophy Green Bus 2.jpg
    Trophy Green Bus 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 360
  • Trophy Green Bus 3.jpg
    Trophy Green Bus 3.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Trophy Green Bus 4.jpg