What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

Great ship.Always wanted one of these but the timing,money and open space issues has always prevented me .Love that wallpaper too.
Mark

The HMS Victory, 30" x 10" x 27". Always liked the wooden tall ships in my youth. Saw this one and put it in the study. Blocks the view of the 1st Minn at Gettysburg. :rolleyes2: Have to get a dust case for it. Chris

Awesome ship Chris, I love it! I have always loved sailing ships and yours is beautifully detailed. If you don't mind me asking, but how much did you pay for her?

Tom

Yeah same Tom always had a soft spot for these ships and Chris that is 1 awesome purchase congrats looks superb,and i to like the wallpaper.

Yeah same Tom always had a soft spot for these ships and Chris that is 1 awesome purchase congrats looks superb,and i to like the wallpaper.

Yeah, agreed about the wallpaper, to busy feasting my eyes over the ship!

Tom

Many thanks for the comments regarding the HMS Victory, AND the wallpaper. :smile2: I was torn between that model and one of the HMS Surprise, based on Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey–Maturin books. I've read most of that great series. Sea faring novels don't get much better than Master and Commander. Chris

The HMS Victory, 30" x 10" x 27". Always liked the wooden tall ships in my youth. Saw this one and put it in the study. Blocks the view of the 1st Minn at Gettysburg. :rolleyes2: Have to get a dust case for it. Chris

Very very nice ship. Now you need to get the crews {sm3}

Beautiful and very well done ship !

Congratulations.

Thank you for posting.

I am really into the new TG Romans. I have 18 and will keep slowly collecting over the coming months. I bought some more on the weekend and swapped some Naps with Bob (Fitzgibbon) to augment my gallant little band. Bob and I were happy with the arrangement but I tried to push him a little by saying he would be lucky to get anything for them as the hobby is dying, prices are going up, no new collectors, falling dollar etc. He replied with some craziness about the hobby evolving, the opportunities available and the pressure on manufacturers to diversify making it a very interesting time to be in the hobby. I think he must have been out in the sun because the hobby is on its last legs ... apparently!

Attachments

• ROM003A.jpg
    ROM003A.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 211
  • ROM004A.jpg
    ROM004A.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 211
  • ROM005A.jpg
    ROM005A.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 212
  • ROM007A.jpg
    ROM007A.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 214
I am really into the new TG Romans. I have 18 and will keep slowly collecting over the coming months. I bought some more on the weekend and swapped some Naps with Bob (Fitzgibbon) to augment my gallant little band. Bob and I were happy with the arrangement but I tried to push him a little by saying he would be lucky to get anything for them as the hobby is dying, prices are going up, no new collectors, falling dollar etc. He replied with some craziness about the hobby evolving, the opportunities available and the pressure on manufacturers to diversify making it a very interesting time to be in the hobby. I think he must have been out in the sun because the hobby is on its last legs ... apparently!

So are you buying enough Romans to make up a full cohort Jack?? :wink2:

Tom

So are you buying enough Romans to make up a full cohort Jack?? :wink2:

Tom

No - but I will add to them regularly. I am pleased to see that TG will keep making them as long as there is a demand. They are impressive figures. That said I am in the process of discussing whether our gallant band of Brisbane collectors is going to make a 1/350 Tirpitz or a 1/200 Bismarck so there are always things happening!

Oh Jack, you forgot to mention the 'Zombie Apocalypse' is due to hit any day now too apparently.{eek3}:wink2:^&grin

No - but I will add to them regularly. I am pleased to see that TG will keep making them as long as there is a demand. They are impressive figures. That said I am in the process of discussing whether our gallant band of Brisbane collectors is going to make a 1/350 Tirpitz or a 1/200 Bismarck so there are always things happening!

Crack the whip Jack, get them to make one in 1/30 scale! {sm3}^&grin

Tom

Martin, Trumpeter recently released a 1/200 model of HMS Hood. It would make for an eye-catching exhibit option. The vessel visited Brisbane in 1924:

http://www.hmshood.com/photos/sikorski/sikorski5.htm

-Moe

Jack, These Romans are really sharp looking. Nice price Too !

Wayne

Very plsd with the latest TGM SPAD and Lufbery fig. Chris

That's a very nice looking Spad, Chris. TGM did a good job on it, especially the markings. It is accurately depicted. Beautiful addition to your aerodrome.:salute:: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back