What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

Nice work John and great pick up AC. I'm not a fan of glossy stuff but I can appreciate the artistic qualities and as you say AC, the guns are made out of cold metal and not the materials used today. I would love to see a British 3.7" AA Gun made by someone in 1:30 scale though.

Tom

John they turned out brilliant,better than last time i saw them.

Yes, the gloss finish brings out the colour and that was what Luiz wanted so that it fit in with his gloss vehicles that will be towing them.

I hope to pack them today, and dispatch tomorrow,

John

Nice work John and great pick up AC. I'm not a fan of glossy stuff but I can appreciate the artistic qualities and as you say AC, the guns are made out of cold metal and not the materials used today. I would love to see a British 3.7" AA Gun made by someone in 1:30 scale though.

Tom

Tom,
Thanks for the note, all honors go to Obee....
As to seeing them made again I hear you and cannot agree more!{sm2}{sm2}..As I said I cannot understand why Mountford dropped such a fantastic series as their artillery pieces...they were so many and crossed the spectrum from Napoleonic to WW2 to present day...all in " cold metal " and with so much detail that I sometimes get surprised......Too bad that during the late 80´s- 90´s when the production was still at its normal rythum I was not fully engaged on artillery and did not know Obee......:cool::cool::cool:

Cheers
A_C

Last edited:
Just received these today.They are Wargames Foundry 28mm Mountain Men,painted by Stan Johansen Miniatures.
Mark

SJM.jpg

Received on FRIDAY evening and cannot wait un-boxed on SAT morning... {sm4}

Tank Riders....

WS286WS289.jpg~original

Below is a "Must Have" for Battle of France or Operation Barbarossa... another Chez Tank - this time the 35(t) :salute::

WS259-1.jpg~original

WS259-2.jpg~original

Have your heard of Oxford Diecast cnq?

http://www.ehattons.com/stocklist/1...st_1_72_Scale_Aircraft_military/prodlist.aspx

I haven't seen their aircraft but do collect their car range (for my model railway) I can recommend Hattons as a dealer though cheap quick shipping and knock off 20% VAT when you order.

Regards
Scott

Yes I know about this company and do have 1 model (Dornier 335) in my collection. They make decent diecast models with similar quality like IXO models for reasonable price. But if you want higher quality diecast models, Hobby Master is the company to go for although their models are normally cost more to buy. I mostly collect HB and Corgi models

Received and un-boxed TODAY.... {sm3}

FOB057.jpg~original

WS203WS204WS206.jpg~original

WS211WS280.jpg~original

My "army" is taking up shape..... slowly {sm4}

Wasn't really looking for this 1:350 Franklin Mint USS Yorktown, CV10 (the Essex Class version). But spotted it for less than 50% retail and couldn't resist. Added a few Eduard carrier figs. Chris

Good pick up Chris, it's an awesome ship. I see on ebay one is going for over $800 USD so if you got 50% off a similar price then you got a bargain!

Tom

Wasn't really looking for this 1:350 Franklin Mint USS Yorktown, CV10 (the Essex Class version). But spotted it for less than 50% retail and couldn't resist. Added a few Eduard carrier figs. Chris

Chris, the figures are certainly a nice touch. That thing must be heavy in die-cast! ^&cool

-Moe

Thanks to the show about a 35 pound bags worth,,plus one broken new credit card,

Moe the hull and deck are wood. Chris

Thank goodness!{eek3} The model has some great detail and parts definition, so FM definitely cooked some metal into the mix.:cool: They make a dandy Arizona, also.

-Moe

A couple of Trophy of Wales sets from the TEL EL-KEBIR series

Set# DE2V - POST OFFICE RIFLES - SECOND RANK

Set# DEQ44 - POST OFFICE RIFLES GATLING GUN

Cheers

Martyn:)

Just picked up a couple of Thomas Gunn's new Roman line. Very impressive.

ROM001A.jpg

ROM005A.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back