What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Latest TGM addition, the Albatros D.V. Chris

Chris, that's a beautiful D-V. It is Vfw Otto Konnecke's, of the famous Jasta 5 Green Tails. Konnecke survived the war as a 35 victory ace and winner of the Blue Max. This is a really sharp looking aircraft. TGM did a great job. Another nice get.^&cool -- Al

Chris, that's a beautiful D-V. It is Vfw Otto Konnecke's, of the famous Jasta 5 Green Tails. Konnecke survived the war as a 35 victory ace and winner of the Blue Max. This is a really sharp looking aircraft. TGM did a great job. Another nice get.^&cool -- Al

Thanks Al, really appreciate the pilot background info. Chris

Darned handsome model, Chris. I've always thought that the D.V was the best looking of the albatros line. Hats off to the quartermaster!:salute::

These are the recent releases from Obee´s magic workshop....enroute to joining the rest of the Regiment already delpoyed.....the sets are this time mainly focused on machinegun detachments and kneeling Legionnaires to fight from behind sand bags and other protection......The two man squads manning the Hotchkiss L.M.Gs are assembled to have the bipods resting on the parapet of the fort or sand bags...The detachment using the Vickers is part of the heavy machinegun detachment......As it is known the Legion would use all the hand downs that French Army had, and given that these soldiers represent the Legion around 1920....it was natural to see this assortment of medium support weapons....cheers
Artilery_CrazyIMG_4630.JPGIMG_4560.JPG

Also coming from Obee´s works....a couple of Stadden Fuzzy´s to be added to my Victorian Little War segment...challenging my Royal Irish Fusilier Regiments....:D:cool:guess I will have to source some additional chaps from other tribes to add to these..otherwise they will be massacred by the RIFs...Not sure yet which tribe...John Jenkins or Britains^&confuse^&confuse any ideas?
IMG_4631.JPG

A few more pictures of the Artillery section of the FFL...now all incorporated to the FFL Regiment and ready to provide direct and some limited indirect support fire......:salute:::salute::^&coolIMG_4561.JPGIMG_4372 (2).JPGIMG_4371 (2).JPG

I also own the Grenadiers à cheval de la Garde impériale mounted officer, and I think it is a wonderful piece. I just wish they had released fighting variants of the figures. At least, they now can have the company of the hussars in a garrison or "behind the lines" diorama.

Cheers,

Brendan

I believe if I am not mistaken I read somewhere in K&C Dispatches a while ago from Andy himself hinted after the British & French Artillery have all been released and digested, more Napoleonic Hussars are being released in fighting poses:confused: I dont think he said whether they were British or French and if French whether they were the 7th Hussars or another Regiment:confused: But awaiting with some anticipation{sm4};) The British 10th Hussars would be really nice.^&cool

Last edited:
1/32 or 1/30.They match Britains more than Jenkins.The only thing I don't care for is that they are glued in but that is a minor detail as they are for display.They look better than the stock picture.
Mark

1/32 or 1/30.They match Britains more than Jenkins.The only thing I don't care for is that they are glued in but that is a minor detail as they are for display.They look better than the stock picture.
Mark

Although I care little about scale (in general), I tired these FL Indians and the JJD RSF Indians and there is NO way that they will work.
However, they fit better with some of the older Frontline sets (size wise), but not to close in sculpting and painting.

But to be fair, you are comparing apples to oranges with FL <Frontliine>

--- LaRRy

No they won't work with many.Even the Britains you can tell the difference in sculpting and paintinng.
Mark

nice set of indjuns. I think the face sculpts look different and detailed. can you make subtle changes to one sculpt? I think one is looking straight ahead chap in front whilst one is looking away and the rear chap is looking with eyes at least up

All different. I would like to buy this it looks cool

nice set of indjuns. I think the face sculpts look different and detailed. can you make subtle changes to one sculpt? I think one is looking straight ahead chap in front whilst one is looking away and the rear chap is looking with eyes at least up

All different. I would like to buy this it looks cool

Check the American Revolution - Woodland Indian section of the First Legion website where you will find more images of available figures, you may change your mind, or continue to enjoy 'denial', it's ok with me either way.

Great detail, but have to ask why does First Legion continue to persist with such a limited range of head sculpts, it's especially obvious in this set, same heads with minor differences.
Matt, I don't disagree with you. However, this might not be the best forum to raise the issue on. Members post to this sub-forum, in part, to celebrate their new purchases. I can't see offering critiques of their product selections under those circumstances.:)

-Moe

Picked up one of the mass battle Rebs and one of the regular FL Artillery officers and posted side by side so you can compare. The Mass battle figure is actually really well done. John had them all at Gettysburg and the looked well done. The only major difference I noticed is the face is not as detailed and the flags didn't have the weathered look that the other lines have. But for 36 it is outstanding value.IMG_0071 (640x480).jpg

Matt, I don't disagree with you. However, this might not be the best forum to raise the issue on. Members post to this sub-forum, in part, to celebrate their new purchases. I can't see offering critiques of their product selections under those circumstances.:)

-Moe

Moe, I am glad to see this thread is one of the more positive aspects of the forum. Celebrate and show off the new purchases !

Wayne

Moe, I am glad to see this thread is one of the more positive aspects of the forum. Celebrate and show off the new purchases !

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the support. I was afraid that I was going to catch some flak for ending one of my sentences in a preposition. What a relief!:wink2:

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back