What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

Hi Mirof,
I have been chacing Superior Models for a while now, and have to say that they did very good WW2 German artillery also....I plan to sometime in 2016-2017 work with Obee into showing a few great artillery sets from them..as well as a rare sample of your referred 32MM WW1 Austrian Skoda Mortar....just the weight of the peices...the barrel...is aburd...massive lead!Now a days our China based friends would never concieve coming up with something like that...it would be at the most a thin metal sheet rolled up or even worst plastic or plaster....How I miss the 70-80´s craftsmanship and kit quality...{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}
Cheers
A_C

Labayen was a Spanish maker of figuines from1962, begin of the 70ies . He sold first only mounted painted figures and end of the 70ies begon to sell in kit almost to he years 2000. The studio painting was of the highest level reached only today (50 years later ) by Russian studios . ( I almost forgot : IMHO )
Here a typical painting studio :
View attachment 188340

Superior Models was an US company from 1967 ( Delaware ), they made in 54mm a superb Skoda canon wih crew ( among lot of other thnks ) but also made 90mm figures sculpted by Ray Lamb ( US ) not the Ray Lamb from UK
He sculpted for them some " normal" figures, but also a range of fantasy, and a range of undressed women
Here a 90mm I painted in the 70ies
View attachment 188341

more pictures and catalogues on my webb

Enjoy your buy
Best

The Runpler looks really nice, Chris. A very attractive camo scheme and the Mg is very nicely detailed. Another winner.:salute:: -- Al

'Nuther beautiful model, Chris. That's some air force that you're putting together!:D

-Moe

Another K&C Napoleonic figure has arrived for me, 7th Hussar - reading a letter (NA310)

NA124-310-312.jpg

Here he is talking with the Cantiniere (NA124) while the Bugler (NA312X) looks in on the conversation.

The figure was given to me in payment for a special painting project and when I was asked for my costing and knew he was heading to Melbourne for a conference, I suggested he go and visit Howard Wood's Toy Soldier Experience and buy me a NAP Foot Figure, and this is what arrived :)

John

I have been asked by my friend Martin (ACW Calvary) to post these images of his latest Equestrian sets that have been assembled and painted for him by Nik Biberovic of Alexanders Toy Soldiers in UK.

Firstly its 'Best in Show'

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

All of the figures and base were put together and painted by Nik with the two shire horses and their respective handlers are HM of GB castings acquired from John Eden.
The other figures were all sourced from Nik’s Newbury Street range of figures.
The adverts on the picket fence are all authentic from the period in question albeit they are American in their origins.
Nik also added to the scene with the inclusion of the wheel barrow, broom and shovel together with the baskets of flowers and miniature conifers which help to frame the scene, most if not all of the figures are ATS sourced.

next is 'A Hunt Scene'

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

A female hunt follower originally produced by HM of GB.

There are other projects in the pipeline including the HM of GB Goose Girl and geese, HM of GB’s The Stirrup Cup set - a mounted lady hunt follower riding side saddle with innkeeper and two hounds and last but not least a WW1 land Army girl and plough complete with 2 horses which was sourced from the late and sorely missed Mr Allan Caton.
In addition Nik and Martin are talking about doing some more horse racing inspired dioramas which hopefully will include an action scene from a fence in the Grand National but that is some while in the future.

You may have read many of Martin's articles in Toy Soldier Collector over the past few years, and will realise that his passion is collecting equestrian figures, in particular British rural and racing figures, so I hope that he can continue to show them off, both in that magazine and here in The Forum and show off the wonderful craftsmanship that Nik of ATS is producing.

John

I have been asked by my friend Martin (ACW Calvary) to post these images of his latest Equestrian sets that have been assembled and painted for him by Nik Biberovic of Alexanders Toy Soldiers in UK.

View attachment 188579

View attachment 188580

All of the figures and base were put together and painted by Nik with the two shire horses and their respective handlers are HM of GB castings acquired from John Eden.
The adverts on the picket fence are all authentic from the period in question albeit they are American in their origins.
Nik also added to the scene with the inclusion of the wheel barrow, broom and shovel together with the baskets of flowers and miniature conifers which help to frame the scene, most if not all of the figures are ATS sourced.

next is 'A Hunt Scene'

View attachment 188581

View attachment 188582

There are other projects in the pipeline including the HM of GB Goose Girl and geese, HM of GB’s The Stirrup Cup set - a mounted lady hunt follower riding side saddle with innkeeper and two hounds and last but not least a WW1 land Army girl and plough complete with 2 horses which was sourced from the late and sorely missed Mr Allan Caton.
In addition Nik and Martin are talking about doing some more horse racing inspired dioramas which hopefully will include an action scene from a fence in the Grand National but that is some while in the future.

You may have read many of Martin's articles in Toy Soldier Collector over the past few years, and will realise that his passion is collecting equestrian figures, in particular British rural and racing figures, so I hope that he can continue to show them off, both in that magazine and here in The Forum and show off the wonderful craftsmanship that Nik of ATS is producing.

John

Firstly thanks to my good friend John (Obee) for helping out with the uploading of the photos. Secondly the hunt scene is in fact the Stirrup Cup Set that John has mentioned as being in the pipeline. I was pleasantly surprised to receive these photos from Nik yesterday and an email to say that the figures had been posted and should be with me by Easter. Nik has also confirmed that the HM of GB Goose Girl,together with 3 of her charges will be next. Look out for some images on the Forum in due course. For those Forum members that also read Toy Soldier Collector magazine an article as to how the Best in Show diorama came about will be featured in a forthcoming issue of the magazine. In the meantime I hope members enjoy seeing the lastest additions to my collection. Martin (aka acw cavalry)

View attachment 188579

View attachment 188580

next is 'A Hunt Scene'

View attachment 188581

View attachment 188582

John

Firstly thanks to my good friend John (Obee) for helping out with the uploading of the photos. Secondly the hunt scene is in fact the Stirrup Cup Set that John has mentioned as being in the pipeline. I was pleasantly surprised to receive these photos from Nik yesterday and an email to say that the figures had been posted and should be with me by Easter. Nik has also confirmed that the HM of GB Goose Girl,together with 3 of her charges will be next. Look out for some images on the Forum in due course. For those Forum members that also read Toy Soldier Collector magazine an article as to how the Best in Show diorama came about will be featured in a forthcoming issue of the magazine. In the meantime I hope members enjoy seeing the lastest additions to my collection. Martin (aka acw cavalry)
Sorry I should have mentioned that the two fox hounds with the lady hunt follower enjoying the stirrup cup are thought to be W. Britain in origin.

Hobby Craft 1/72 Avro Arrow

Avro-Canada-CF-105-Arrow-replica_zpsogtkacnp.jpg

DSC_48930001_zpsdrdcqwzy.jpg

DSC_48900001_zpsyh1rpeqk.jpg

DSC_48860001_zpsf0ldjcpu.jpg

DSC_48830001_zpsdu8atv7h.jpg

I think they are from HM of GB's hunt set.

Martin

Hi Martin,
The castings of hounds with the HM of GB lady hunt follower were sourced from Nik at ATS and he was pretty sure that they had been produced originally by Britains.

Of course they could be HM figures, but they don't look big enough and are of a slightly different sculpting style to the HM fox hounds.
Regards
Martin

1/72 tanks... just in

WARMASTER T-80

WarMasterT80.jpg

AMERCOM packaging but seems made for Russian market

AmercomFIREFLY.jpg

AmercomGERMANS35.jpg

Just in TODAY.... 1/72 scale diecast Russian armored cars (boy are they heavy for their tiny size) {sm4}

FAI.jpg~original

BA20.jpg~original

BA64.jpg~original

BTR40.jpg~original

Hi Martin,
The castings of hounds with the HM of GB lady hunt follower were sourced from Nik at ATS and he was pretty sure that they had been produced originally by Britains.

Of course they could be HM figures, but they don't look big enough and are of a slightly different sculpting style to the HM fox hounds.
Regards
Martin

Sorry I misunderstood you I thought you meant the hounds and the lady.

Martin

K&C Pike & Musket Range ~ PnM01 Roundhead Officer with Halberd and Pistol ~ Very Nice piece added to my slowly growing English Civil War figures..

K&C Napoleonic French ~ NA217 Mounted Officer Turning in his saddle Les Grenadiers Garde Imperial Cheval ~ Superb piece. Probably best mounted piece of K&C Napoleonic since Garde Imperial Empress Dragoons. Back Catologue of K&C Napoleonic figures slowly building up.

K&C Pike & Musket Range ~ PnM01 Roundhead Officer with Halberd and Pistol ~ Very Nice piece added to my slowly growing English Civil War figures..

K&C Napoleonic French ~ NA217 Mounted Officer Turning in his saddle Les Grenadiers Garde Imperial Cheval ~ Superb piece. Probably best mounted piece of K&C Napoleonic since Garde Imperial Empress Dragoons. Back Catologue of K&C Napoleonic figures slowly building up.

PnM001.jpgNA217.JPG

I also own the Grenadiers à cheval de la Garde impériale mounted office, and I think it is a wonderful piece. I just wish they had released fighting variants of the figures. At least, they now can have the company of the hussars in a garrison or "behind the lines" diorama.

Cheers,

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back