What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Just arrived TODAY.... {sm3}

WS313-1.jpg~original

WS313-2.jpg~original

Here they are Tom, just so you don't have to unbox them to show the members :)

barbarian4.jpg

Mongol Raider with captive 5th c

croquet.jpg

Croquet game - India 1890's

View attachment 186988
Band of the Governor's Bodyguard, Madras

All casting from John Eden Studios.

Enjoy, John

THANKS!!!

Again, super cool and exquisitely done, I personally like Attila!!! Or Genghis, take your pick, he can pass for both.

TD

A few more additions to my Cowboys and Native Americans collection.

I have included my Charbens Bronco buster figure (40mm), which you have seen before - to show the similar smaller size of these two new figures (to me). All are hollowcast.

The Chief with tomahawk - is a repair and repaint - as he arrived with only one leg to the horse - and a stump where the tomahawk should have been. He's a 40mm figure at best, and was made by Crescent.

The Cowboy reining in his horse - could be by either Crescent again, or Charbens - as both produced figures like this one, ( maybe from the same - or refurbished mould). His head and hat were damaged, when found, and required some attention before another strip and repaint.

All figures were put on new bases - though only the bucking bronco originally had one - which was missing when found.

All are getting on in years - and some could be pre-WW2.

I just picked up four K&C British Napoleonic figures to complete my representation of K&C's generic line infantry regiment. I am quite pleased with the figures although I wish they came with backpacks and had an officer (not holding the colours) to command them.

1-2016-02-18 21.18.38.jpg

Apologies for the poor photo quality.

Cheers,

Brendan

Love the "Cowboy reining in his horse" !
Very animated.

When I posted picture of my "Agincourt" knights in the "Britains" matte forum, I thought of you and the wonderful work you do.

I am quite pleased with the figures although I wish they came with backpacks and had an officer (not holding the colours) to command them.

Cheers,

Brendan

I agree about being pleased with these figures, but not with the cost cutting of not issuing them with packs. The same has happened with the Voltigueres. Yes an office directing troops would be better but let's hope we get the other colour bearer too, to complete the set, AND a couple of colour sergeants to defend them :)

John

Really like theme sets, hoping one of the series I collect will come up with something similar. Robin.

FW 219.jpeg

Finally got around to picking this up after admiring it since it came out.

Britains 17819. French WWI. I think this is one of their best First World War sets.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back