What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

Good for you !

My wife gave me four of the new Britain's Vikings, including these two for Christmas.

Nice figures

TROPHY OF WALES

THE COLDSTREAM GUARDS IN ACTION AT THE BATTLE FOR ABU-KLEA WELLS, SUDAN: 1885

Included in the picture are......

BBS1- BIG BOX SET of 22 figures

ES3 - SECOND RANK

ES5 - OFFICER COMMANDING

EQ44 - GATLING GUN

HS1, HS2, HS3 and HS4 from the HAND2HAND series

Cheers

Martyn:)

Got this fine Lady today :smile2:

PnM048 Bread & Beer Seller by King and Country.
Lovely figure.

Good ol' Porthos is looking on while young D'Artagnan is closing in.

And no, I don't think he's going for the bread or the beer :wink2: ^&grin

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2664.JPG
    DSCF2664.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF2665.JPG
    DSCF2665.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF2666.JPG
    DSCF2666.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF2667.JPG
    DSCF2667.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 259
A late Christmas present arrived for me today, the John Jenkins' "Peninsular War" ambulance!

PFLAMB01.jpg

Here's hoping more "Peninsular War" figures are released this year!
Cheers,
Brendan

Here's hoping more "Peninsular War" figures are released this year!
Cheers,
Brendan

Yes, I'm particularly wanting the front horse and a driver for this ambulance so that we can complete this unit.

I have asked John about that, and he said it is planned .... but he has SO many projects in so many eras, that he couldn't provide me with a time frame.

I also asked for a set of medics, wounded and a surgeon to go with this vehicle,

much like this HISTOREX set

mphx3320%20Light%20Two-Horse%20Ambulance%20Boxed%20Set.jpg

so we can only wait in hope :confused:

John

Just bought a very nice and expressive Britain' s fallshirmjager.And made some little painting improvements.

20160116_214410.jpg

These couple of smaller scale ( around 45mm) figures came with various lots bought on e-bay. I repaired both - as they both had horse leg problems.

The Britains second grade Arab figure was originally not on a base - and had the two rear, rather spindly legs snapped off just below the knee. I repaired him first - to practice drilling into very thin legs to about 4-5mm. Metal from a paper-clip supplied material for the legs, and then attached and the whole piece mounted on a fabricated base. The legs were wrapped in milliput, and when dry - sanded down to look similar to the others. Sword was also an addition - as it was snapped off. I carved this from a piece of scrap metal and glued it into the drilled out hand. I hope it looks like a scimitar.:rolleyes:

My real treat - was fixing the rodeo cowboy. Same scale - he's from a scarce Charbens Rodeo Boxed set - and is just delightful. He came without his base and hooves were also gone - as they straddle the edge of the original base. The horse also had no tail. Otherwise - intact - but he couldn't stand up. A new base was fabricated from slightly thicker metal - to make it more robust than the original. Same technique of drill and pin was used to mount him in the approximate position he was in originally - but legs away from the edge this time. Once dry - his hooves were re-made from milliput again, and set aginst his paper-clip leg ends. A new tail (a Britains replacement from Dorset Soldiers) which looked vaguely similar to his original completed the repairs.

Both were repainted in Glossy style. Hope you like 'em too. jb

Dornier 335 Night Fighter is ready to take on British Lancaster to defend the German homeland.
( Revell 1/48)

DSC_47000001_zpsflnkmpry.jpg

DSC_47010001_zpsmjlurzch.jpg

DSC_47020001_zps7bwlrf7f.jpg

DSC_47040001_zpshjskmrx6.jpg

DSC_47060001_zpssukmnzzm.jpg

And along with its single seat heavy armour 335

DSC_47090001_zpsqxaiafvr.jpg

Dornier 335 Night Fighter is ready to take on British Lancaster to defend the German homeland.
( Revell 1/48)

DSC_47000001_zpsflnkmpry.jpg

DSC_47010001_zpsmjlurzch.jpg

DSC_47020001_zps7bwlrf7f.jpg

DSC_47040001_zpshjskmrx6.jpg

DSC_47060001_zpssukmnzzm.jpg

And along with its single seat heavy armour 335

DSC_47090001_zpsqxaiafvr.jpg

CnQ, Nice aircraft ! How many aircraft models do you have in your collection ?

Wayne

Finished these today.

Britains Set 72 Plus ( the plus are two trumpeters and a farrier for 1897).

Made in homage to Britains set 72 - made originally as a commemorative set of twelve to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897. They are Life Guards at the beginning of her reign in 1837 ( in romanesque helmets) - and 60 years on. These are restored old vintage lead figures by mostly Britains - but with some Johillco copies used also. jb

Finished these today.

Britains Set 72 Plus ( the plus are two trumpeters and a farrier for 1897).

Made in homage to Britains set 72 - made originally as a commemorative set of twelve to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1897. They are Life Guards at the beginning of her reign in 1837 ( in romanesque helmets) - and 60 years on. These are restored old vintage lead figures by mostly Britains - but with some Johillco copies used also. jb

Excellent mate.

TROPHY OF WALES

THE INDIAN ARMY
series

44TH MERWARA INFANTRY

Set#'s IA.8, IA.8/V and IA.8/A

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks guys.
And below are some group photos of my 1/48 ww2 planes collection. Hope you like them.

DSC_47180001_zpsld20dg9a.jpg

DSC_47160001_zpshgjbdndx.jpg

DSC_47150001_zpsb3bexqam.jpg

DSC_47200001_zpswvxchqbx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back