What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Unimax 1/72 FoV F14 Miss Molly

DSC_48360001_zpscivfruc7.jpg

Nice little desk top scene you have there. :salute:: Chris

Nice bird and I like the carrier deck, now you just need the rest of it! ^&grin

Tom

CNQ, these "Rabbit Club" figures are nice to display with carrier aircraft on deck:

View attachment 187900

There are actually two distinct sets of five figures, but I could only find the second on ebay.

Here are the two sets together:

RC72003_zpsed900b05.jpg~original

-Moe

CNQ, these "Rabbit Club" figures are nice to display with carrier aircraft on deck:

View attachment 187900

There are actually two distinct sets of five figures, but I could only find the second on ebay.

-Moe

hey thanks Moe. Those are very nice figures. Are they pre-assembled/pre-painted ?
The figures in my dio are made by Fujimi and they also included the fire truck in the package but you have to assemble and paint them.

hey thanks Moe. Those are very nice figures. Are they pre-assembled/pre-painted ?
The figures in my dio are made by Fujimi and they also included the fire truck in the package but you have to assemble and paint them.

They are pre-painted. The bases are a little thick for my taste, but the figures could always be cut off and glued to acetate sheet (and the new bases perhaps then painted). I believe that I got the sets on ebay for about $25 each shipped.

-Moe

Witty made so many beautiful "super bugs." A lot of collectors believe that HM's yet-to-be-released version will blow them out of the water, but I've got my doubts. Nice display!:cool:

-Moe

Witty made so many beautiful "super bugs." A lot of collectors believe that HM's yet-to-be-released version will blow them out of the water, but I've got my doubts. Nice display!:cool:

-Moe

Thanks.
I'm quite happy with Witty especially at half the price compare to HM models.

Rec'd the TGM FE2, and she's huge, 19.5" wingspan. Beautiful detailing. Chris

Rec'd the TGM FE2, and she's huge, 19.5" wingspan. Beautiful detailing. Chris

What a beauty! It is a big one, eh? Detail looks really good and that complicated rigging scheme looks really well done. TGM really is doing a magnificent job with their 2-seaters and this FE2 is one of their best. Congratulations, Chris. -- Al

The Napoleonic kit fairies visited my house recently. Enough kits for a while now:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_5283.jpg
    IMG_5283.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 220
The Napoleonic kit fairies visited my house recently. Enough kits for a while now:eek:

All those kits are completely obsolete since many years
You're a lucky guy

The Hinchliffe are 75 mm sculpted by Ray Lamb circa 1973-74, perfect sculpt ( heads were a bit to big for the scale ), perfect fitting . With those kits, he had set the standard of quality that everybody tried to reach from then .
And.. if you have some old mounted Imrie Risley figures in those packs, then I'm already crying for you; the assembly of the horse was/is very difficult, you will need tons of putty .

Besy

TROPHY OF WALES

from the INDIAN ARMY and NORTH WEST FRONTIER
series

QUEENS OWN CORPS OF GUIDES - THE COLUMN

Cheers

Martyn:)

All those kits are completely obsolete since many years
You're a lucky guy

The Hinchliffe are 75 mm sculpted by Ray Lamb circa 1973-74, perfect sculpt ( heads were a bit to big for the scale ), perfect fitting . With those kits, he had set the standard of quality that everybody tried to reach from then .
And.. if you have some old mounted Imrie Risley figures in those packs, then I'm already crying for you; the assembly of the horse was/is very difficult, you will need tons of putty .

Besy

No Imrie-Risleys Mirof and no missing parts.

A couple of manufacturers I have not come across before- Labayen and Superior Models. Will post some images of the kits when I start them. They may be of interest to others.

I agree about the Ray Lamb sculpts. The way the components fit together they are almost engineered.

Scott

No Imrie-Risleys Mirof and no missing parts.

A couple of manufacturers I have not come across before- Labayen and Superior Models. Will post some images of the kits when I start them. They may be of interest to others.

I agree about the Ray Lamb sculpts. The way the components fit together they are almost engineered.

Scott

Labayen was a Spanish maker of figuines from1962, begin of the 70ies . He sold first only mounted painted figures and end of the 70ies begon to sell in kit almost to he years 2000. The studio painting was of the highest level reached only today (50 years later ) by Russian studios . ( I almost forgot : IMHO )
Here a typical painting studio :
WR-2011.07.04-031.jpg

Superior Models was an US company from 1967 ( Delaware ), they made in 54mm a superb Skoda canon wih crew ( among lot of other thnks ) but also made 90mm figures sculpted by Ray Lamb ( US ) not the Ray Lamb from UK
He sculpted for them some " normal" figures, but also a range of fantasy, and a range of undressed women
Here a 90mm I painted in the 70ies
WR-Hussard-de-la-Mort-11.jpg

more pictures and catalogues on my webb

Enjoy your buy
Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back