What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

I am giving my father, brother in law and nephew toy soldiers for Christmas. I was doing all Crusader standard bearers, but could not find a good Templar for a reasonable price from First Legion.

So, my brother in law who is Dutch will be getting a Dutch Red Lancer officer, since I doubt he wants the French flag.

With each I have had the following created:

A few K&C soldiers under the tree for me this year! Some British Royal Welch Fusiliers from the American War of Independence and "The Duellists" from the Age of Napoleon series.

Merry Christmas one and all. All the best for 2018.

Brendan

BR084(S)_432_324.jpg BR088(S)_432_324.jpg BR087(S)_432_324.jpg BR086(S)_432_324.jpg
NA349(L).jpg

Like for several other collectors here, these three fine Warriors have joined the collection, just in time for Christmas :smile2:

KonradDFEA83EA-F639-4AEA-A2C9-4C75D3BC0163.jpeg

Christmans loot,
My wife saw me pondering this set at a show, and scooped it up before I could go back and get it. So the show ended in a minor disappointment, but a surprise on 25 Dec.

What is it? King and Country, 13 pieces, no box. I believe this may be an extreme early release, so any help in nailing down what the box looked like etc etc. I recall at the time I was looking at it, the seller told me it was recently featured in the newsletter.

I was drawn to the set as it reminded me of the book cover of a Patrick Mercer book I had read- (that series of 3 books was excellent)

Anyway- once again if anyone can fill in the details of exactly what this is I would love to hear about it. In the mean time, I may buy and paint up some AIP plastic Afghans to throw in this mix, as well as some unpainted hollowcast Britains I have in my stash from somewhere I cant remember, may get issued a uniform and added to the roll.

She's great!

Attachments

• resize h.jpg
    resize h.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 362
Xmas gift:

Corgi_LMM.jpg

-Moe

Christmans loot,
My wife saw me pondering this set at a show, and scooped it up before I could go back and get it. So the show ended in a minor disappointment, but a surprise on 25 Dec.

What is it? King and Country, 13 pieces, no box. I believe this may be an extreme early release, so any help in nailing down what the box looked like etc etc. I recall at the time I was looking at it, the seller told me it was recently featured in the newsletter.

I was drawn to the set as it reminded me of the book cover of a Patrick Mercer book I had read- (that series of 3 books was excellent)

Anyway- once again if anyone can fill in the details of exactly what this is I would love to hear about it. In the mean time, I may buy and paint up some AIP plastic Afghans to throw in this mix, as well as some unpainted hollowcast Britains I have in my stash from somewhere I cant remember, may get issued a uniform and added to the roll.

She's great!
That is a very early (circa 1988-90) Last Stand of the Seaforths set, the smaller 13 piece edition. Nice find!

Although I have had SOME of the parts to this "set" - I have only completed it within the last two weeks - so I think it qualifies for entry here.

Let me explain:

I bought the first element ( The Steam Tractor - plus driver) over a year ago, as a kit of parts from John Eden Studios - and set about painting it up as a War Department (WD) Tractor - to be used to tow Heavy Artillery.

At the same time as I bought the kit - I began looking on e-bay for Heavy Artillery. My idea was that the Tractor would be working in an Artillery Park - either in WW1 or |The Boer War. I had some early success - and purchased some parts for a Heavy Howitzer ( the wheels and carriage for an early Britains Heavy Howitzer) - found in a "job-lot".:cool:

Over ONE YEAR later, I finally found the missing "top half" (Barrel and mechanism) - and bought it,(again in some miscellaneous Artillery bits). When delivered - I found that it was a later issue of the Britains set - which was a slightly different size, as it was too wide to fit the parts I already had, so I had to modify it to make my top parts fit, (spacers made to fit inside a dis-assembled bottom half).:confused:

I THEN found out - that you need a limber between gun and tractor, to make it move easily. I already had a pair of Britains cart-wheels in my posession from an earlier e-bay purchase of parts - so I scratch built the rest of the limber to look like a picture that my good friend Obee ( you know - our Artillery expert^&grin), sent me.

Thanks chum.:salute::

I then had to connect up all three parts............

The result of all of this - I show below. Phew!!!! what a project that was - but I just love the result............. jb

PIC_4585.JPGPIC_4586.JPGPIC_4587.JPG

Johnny,

That is some awesome job you did on the tractor!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Thanks Louis - glad you like her - but have to say, that was probably the easiest bit of the whole project - as it was all there!;) I found some cracking pics found on the Internet for the colour scheme. The gun parts took some time in tracking down before I could complete that, and I built the limber last of all.

I have to say though, I've spent the last few years drooling over pictures of some of these magnificent vehicles in your collection - so thought it was about time I got cracking on one of my own!:D

My thanks also go to Obee - and to Luiz (Artillery Crazy) for help with picture and some advice regarding the use of limbers with Military Tractors, which is a good example of how fellow members of this Forum can help you out!

Thanks again - jb

Here is what I bought: Britains Sudan War 27059 British 42nd Highland Officer Firing Pistol, Ludhiana Sikhs Regiment Kneeling Firing Rifle Soldier by King & Country, Two different Britain's Zulu War British 24th Foot, the kneeling soldier in the tan uniform is a King & Country Australian Lighthorse (I have a weakness for these after recently rewatching the film The Lighthorsemen), and finally an W Britain 24001 Elite Forces British Paratrooper from the Falklands War.

As I have written, I have eclectic tastes and am usually attracted to specific figures from different eras.

Attachments

• latest STG44.jpg
    latest STG44.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 394
Last box of 2017 arrived yesterday. Now I just need some Dacians to fight these Romans.

This just came in yesterday. A King & Country Lighthorsemen Vickers machinegun team.

As mentioned, I am a big fan of the 1987 film The Lighthorsemen about the men of a World War I light horse unit involved in Sinai and Palestine Campaign's 1917 Battle of Beersheeba.

Attachments

• lighthorse Machinegun.jpg
    lighthorse Machinegun.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 370
Here is a 30 minute documentary on the Light Horsemen followed by a link to the film itself. I would click on the top of them and view them in full screen in another window.

Here is the actual film in it's entirety. If you want to see it I suggest clicking on the video and seeing it in its own window
, then click in the square in the lower right hand corner to view it in full screen:

I picked up quite a few of the figures made by Heco Tinplate Models to go with their Models. Kind of primitive, but charming. The Naval Captain and Sailors on the Heco Gun Emplacement and the Tommies on the Heco Radar Station Diorama have already arrived. Then 13 figures depicted together I bought this morning, and have not yet arrived.

Attachments

• Heco Figures.jpg
    Heco Figures.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 371
  • Heco Soldiers on Radar Diorama.jpg
    Heco Soldiers on Radar Diorama.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 369
  • Heco Sailors on Gun Emplacement.jpg
    Heco Sailors on Gun Emplacement.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 366
They are made by First Legion. These are the latest offerings of Legio XXX Ulpia. 10 other figures were released earlier in the Dec. for a total of 20 thus far

Hi All,

I went to London and got some figures from a toy dealer in Portobello Rd mkt. Reasonable prices too.

I am no expert on vintage stuff but I think that the mounted figures are Del Prado.

I see a Tradition bugler (what regt?), some senior officers, a medieval archer, a Scottish bagpiper, a Britains Royal Coach attendant, a horse and some Gurkhas.

Rgds
Victor

IMG_0340.JPGIMG_0342.JPGIMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back