What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

I just picked up the John Jenkins Designs Jagdpanther. It is the best armored vehicle I have ever seen in this hobby:

Attachments

• JJD Jagdpanther 3.jpg
    JJD Jagdpanther 3.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 488
  • JJD Jagdpanther 2.jpg
    JJD Jagdpanther 2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 491
  • JJD Jagdpanther 1.jpg
    JJD Jagdpanther 1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 505
Another beautiful piece of armor added to your collection Louis. Though I am forever wondering where the new stuff fits.^&confuse

Joe

Just placed an order with my dealer for two fantastic First legion figures- both purchased to "commemorate" if you will my family's recent vacation to Germany

1- REN19- German Landsknecht Dopplesoldner- always enjoyed this figure since he was first released. Visited several museums where that exact sword was on display. And thus, this figure marks my arrival into the land of the LF Renaissance line!! Given the price points where they are, and my more immediate interest in Rome, I am going to focus on the Landsknecht figures to oppose the French Cavalry.

2- Rom 118- Auxiliary standard bearer- this figure is quite special given that he is riding with his mask. When we visited the Varus Battlefield, the most popular find was the recovery of a Roman mask, as depicted on this particular figure. It was really cool to be standing across from that mask last month after reading so much about it.

Received two ACW figures I ordered thru the consignment shop on Treefrog yesterday.
CW014__98553.1400716467.1280.1280.jpg17926_LoRes.jpg

The 2 new Aztec figures from JJD, as well as a few fishtank ornaments that will go well with them.

Also a few more K&C Imperial Chinese figures.

And a Kronprinz pike and musket French casualty.

Just placed an order with my dealer for two fantastic First legion figures- both purchased to "commemorate" if you will my family's recent vacation to Germany

1- REN19- German Landsknecht Dopplesoldner- always enjoyed this figure since he was first released. Visited several museums where that exact sword was on display. And thus, this figure marks my arrival into the land of the LF Renaissance line!! Given the price points where they are, and my more immediate interest in Rome, I am going to focus on the Landsknecht figures to oppose the French Cavalry.

2- Rom 118- Auxiliary standard bearer- this figure is quite special given that he is riding with his mask. When we visited the Varus Battlefield, the most popular find was the recovery of a Roman mask, as depicted on this particular figure. It was really cool to be standing across from that mask last month after reading so much about it.

How are you Chris

Very nice

Something I picked up a few days ago. Been eyeing this for awhile, finally pulled the trigger and was able to get it for a slight discount.
20180214_143512 (600x800).jpg

Attachments

• 20180214_143520 (600x800).jpg
    20180214_143520 (600x800).jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 304
Just added NA088 Collapsing Horse to my Napoleonic collection. I ordered the figure from Tim Tyler's Troops of Time. This was the only Scot Greys figure that I was missing.

Brendan

king-country-na088-scots-grey_1_e201514c5eb3ccf837fa674d7ff0dcca.jpg

Just received my "Humans vs Aliens" bucket of 90 figs. VERY Lovecraftian aliens. Would be very good for Cthulu wargaming, lol. The humans are....GREAT! (in terms of having some victims and fighters for play sets)

Also the Sunny Days Entertainment Camping Adventure bucket. Its.....a camping play set. Great figures that are good for conversion, two GREAT trees, some nice accessories like campfires and cooking pots, bears, moose, eagles, jumping fish, a 4 wheeler, truck and bass boat, and more. AND a great tent in the Marx style. Very nice for accessories and stuff.

A couple original sailors from the Marx sailors and marines set, that I needed for my Attack of the Crab Monsters play set project.

Just added NA088 Collapsing Horse to my Napoleonic collection. I ordered the figure from Tim Tyler's Troops of Time. This was the only Scot Greys figure that I was missing.

Brendan

View attachment 228321

Brendan, it's an interesting coincidence that when I got back into toy soldiers in 2008, it was this figure that solidified my interest to collect NAPS. It had just been retired, and I sent out e-mails to dealers to see if I could find it. Of those who responded(not many), Tim Tyler was the only one who didn't jack up the price. He has been my go to dealer ever since. A real gentleman and a friend.....................Joe

Brendan, it's an interesting coincidence that when I got back into toy soldiers in 2008, it was this figure that solidified my interest to collect NAPS. It had just been retired, and I sent out e-mails to dealers to see if I could find it. Of those who responded(not many), Tim Tyler was the only one who didn't jack up the price. He has been my go to dealer ever since. A real gentleman and a friend.....................Joe

I couldn't agree more. Tim was fantastic to deal with. I normally buy my toy soldiers from a dealer in Quebec to avoid having to pay import duties, but I really wanted to add this piece to my collection. Tim happened to have one in his consignment section. Funny thing is, when I was younger, my parents bought me one of my first toy soldiers from his shop on the way to a family vacation at Disney.

Brendan

Just received my "Humans vs Aliens" bucket of 90 figs. VERY Lovecraftian aliens. Would be very good for Cthulu wargaming, lol. The humans are....GREAT! (in terms of having some victims and fighters for play sets)

Also the Sunny Days Entertainment Camping Adventure bucket. Its.....a camping play set. Great figures that are good for conversion, two GREAT trees, some nice accessories like campfires and cooking pots, bears, moose, eagles, jumping fish, a 4 wheeler, truck and bass boat, and more. AND a great tent in the Marx style. Very nice for accessories and stuff.

A couple original sailors from the Marx sailors and marines set, that I needed for my Attack of the Crab Monsters play set project.

Where are these available??

I'm very good my friend- how are you? Been a wee bit cold up here in Pa so if you want to send some Texas warmth my way it would be much appreciated! {sm4}

Gary Owen
CC

Unfortunatly In the DFW area its been a few weeks of mainly cold,,rain and near flood conditions these days,,,,hope you can can san antonio

Got some more Spanish done for my 28mm Spanish-American War/Filipino Insurrection project/collection.
Mark

SAW #1 2018.jpg

I couldn't agree more. Tim was fantastic to deal with. I normally buy my toy soldiers from a dealer in Quebec to avoid having to pay import duties, but I really wanted to add this piece to my collection. Tim happened to have one in his consignment section. Funny thing is, when I was younger, my parents bought me one of my first toy soldiers from his shop on the way to a family vacation at Disney.

Brendan

It's the Tim Tyler connection. Like 6 degrees of separation.

Joe

Got these fine figures today.
All 3 versions of the Polish Winged Hussars Standard Bearer by First Legion.
From left to right:
TYW005A Grand Standard of Sigismund III
TYW005B Battle Standard
TYW005C Alexander Sobieski’s Battle Flag at Vienna

Since they are about sold out everywhere here in the U.S., I put a “Wanted” post in the Classifieds here on the forum. For the first time I didn’t just ask for a pm if anybody had a track, but also added my Email address. I’m glad I did :smile2:
A forum reader from Germany pointed me to an excellent store/webstore in Germany, that had all three versions still in stock. I was looking for the B version initially, but when I saw them all on the website I couldn’t resist and ordered all three :redface2:

Today they came in, and all three in pristine condition. Was a bit worried because of the long journey they had to to do, but all is good.

Very nice figures/miniatures.
Now in the next few months I will be getting the other 6 figures in this line.

Cheers, and Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• CF7347DC-9825-4BC9-88C5-5254F74BA856.jpeg
    CF7347DC-9825-4BC9-88C5-5254F74BA856.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 29DF84ED-A20E-4076-A6F1-DAAA556BDC73.jpeg
    29DF84ED-A20E-4076-A6F1-DAAA556BDC73.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 8C65EF5B-A691-4BE2-84BF-E2968AE838B6.jpeg
    8C65EF5B-A691-4BE2-84BF-E2968AE838B6.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 266
Konrad you made a killing right there!!!!! outstanding looking sets, now I know why you were nervous waiting for mail today!!!! congrats on your find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back