What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (4 Viewers)

Mounted figures of Ziethen and Seydlitz, and a foot figure of Frederick the Great, all by Peipp, from Berliner-Zinnfiguren, a foot figure of a Prussian hussar, in fatigue order (in his shirt, no dolman), by Rylit, and an officer of the 17th Light Dragoons by Sarum, both of those were eBay finds. All in 54mm.

I also picked up a Verlinden town water fountain kit, for use in displays.

Prost!
Brad

SP015-2.jpg

SP15-2.jpg

Set 1201 Gun of the Royal Artillery.This is the first W. Britains Ltd. set I ever purchased (Arnold’s Toy Shop, Cincinnati, OH, 1948), for the then princely sum of $1.50 (unboxed). Still have the gun, still fully operational, still unbroken, but extensively touched-up. Periodically e-Bay has some nice items at reasonable prices (in this case buy now). Attached are images of a recent example of the same gun, albeit a bit more expensive, I was able to purchase. Absolutely mint condition, same early O.D. green color, again unboxed. This may be the last Britains artillery piece I purchase; who knows!?

$_57.JPG$_57-1.JPG

This is a bit tedious (Your 20 minutes have lapsed), even for someone who is retired!! Please incorporate the following image in my previously posted message, along with this notation. Surprisingly found some photographs of Arnolds Toy Shop (A Real Brick and Mortar Toy Store), obviously taken even before my time!

Arnold Fairyland Co..jpg

Set 1201 Gun of the Royal Artillery.This is the first W. Britains Ltd. set I ever purchased (Arnold’s Toy Shop, Cincinnati, OH, 1948), for the then princely sum of $1.50 (unboxed). Still have the gun, still fully operational, still unbroken, but extensively touched-up. Periodically e-Bay has some nice items at reasonable prices (in this case buy now). Attached are images of a recent example of the same gun, albeit a bit more expensive, I was able to purchase. Absolutely mint condition, same early O.D. green color, again unboxed. This may be the last Britains artillery piece I purchase; who knows!?

View attachment 146201View attachment 146202

a great gun I have several

TAMIYA-LiveStock.jpg~original

TAMIYA LIVESTOCK.... farm animal to be painted for diorama and scenes use - it will probably take a very very long time to complete as I am no expert in modelling and painting - add to it also lazy and have short interest span ^&grin

Got from the hobby shop all the new tools, cutters, sand-papers, cement, putty, undercoat, overcoat spray cans, etc. Here I go on my journey of DIY ...... {sm4}

Got these sets within the last week. I decided to get a bit more involved in WW2.

Got these sets within the last week. I decided to get a bit more involved in WW2.

WOW Joe!!{eek3} That is one heck of a purchase!!!! That must have been one thrilling package to open and marvel at. I'm looking forward to adding more FL to my collection very soon....I hope to see Alexander and his companion cavalry at the Westcoaster. I have a feeling I'm going to like what I see, and if so I won't come home empty handed. Thanks for the pic of your mighty score- enjoy!

Joe

WOW Joe!!{eek3} That is one heck of a purchase!!!! That must have been one thrilling package to open and marvel at. I'm looking forward to adding more FL to my collection very soon....I hope to see Alexander and his companion cavalry at the Westcoaster. I have a feeling I'm going to like what I see, and if so I won't come home empty handed. Thanks for the pic of your mighty score- enjoy!

Joe

It definitely was a fun box to open up. I still have one more set that was on backorder that should be shipping out soon so the fun isn't over just yet. You should have seen my sons eyes {eek3}when we were opening them up. You will have to post some pics of those companion chaps if you pic some up. They look every bit the part and I'm sure they will be nothing short of excellent.

It definitely was a fun box to open up. I still have one more set that was on backorder that should be shipping out soon so the fun isn't over just yet. You should have seen my sons eyes {eek3}when we were opening them up. You will have to post some pics of those companion chaps if you pic some up. They look every bit the part and I'm sure they will be nothing short of excellent.

Nice! A little encore set to look forward to! Very cool that you get to enjoy the figure unveiling with your son. It doesn't get much better than that. If I pick up Alexander and Co. I will definitely post some pics. I have a feeling I will be hooked upon first sight. They sure look great in the promo images. I still can't get over that massive haul of FL figures you got- my eyes would be popping out of my head too!

Joe

A nice set of 30mm Flats - bought as unpainted castings - from Karl Reiger Studio in Germany - which I finished painting last week. They depict a Royal Artillery Heavy Gun Crew, going into action - in India, around 1885, with their gun being pulled by two Elephants.

Two views ( left side/right side - below). jb

A nice set of 30mm Flats - bought as unpainted castings - from Karl Reiger Studio in Germany - which I finished painting last week...

Very nice work, John, or should we start calling you...Johann? Since you're delving deeper into the classic German toy soldier these days :D

Prost!
Brad

Here are my latest, all destined for the bench. First, three kit figures by Peipp/Dresden.

Ziethen

Seydlitz

and Frederick the Great

Berliner Zinnfiguren sent me the foot figure of Fritz by mistake, and it was easier and cheaper to keep it--paid for, of course--than to pack it up and pay for postage back to Germany.

And then I got this Elastolin figure of Frederick off eBay:

That's about 70mm, and I'll paint it to a matte finish. The others will get the gloss treatment.

Prost!
Brad

Very nice work, John, or should we start calling you...Johann? Since you're delving deeper into the classic German toy soldier these days :D

Prost!
Brad

Ja - Danke

Funny thing is - when I was in Germany for spells (in the Army) - local people would often speak to me in German - as they thought I was one.^&grin

Also - in my "local" bread shop in France - the guy there always calls me "Der Saxon" - as he recons I look like one.{sm2}

Zo, Mein Herr Baron - You may call me vot you vish - as long as you don't call me too early!!{sm4}

Seriously though, Brad , - I'm really enjoying venturing into the World of Flats - so hardly surprising that lots of superb castings are now tempting me into smaller areas - often in more Eastern parts of Europe.

Love your recent acquisitions - it will be interesting to see which "Freddy" turns out to be the nicest! They both look seriously nice - as they are. jb

Added some nice items for my ACW collection, Conte marching sets for both Union and Confederate a WB Reb command set from 1998 brand new never opened and for a great price!.also picked another Conte single colour Gun and Crew {this one I will paint as Union}...And some more Conte ACW blisters just for converting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back