What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (1 Viewer)

While not normally a big fan of Collectors Showcase, they make some interesting diroama pieces. I picked up this Reichkanzlerei Diorama Piece from Treefrog. My only other investment in this TS company is Hitlers' Office...

Attachments

• treefroggie.JPG
    treefroggie.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 238
Just picked up these sets from my local TS shop. The K&C Bren gunner is particularly impressive.

GWA-03(31).jpg

RAF065(S).jpg

My newly build 1/32 Me262B and WB Russian figures.
The Russians have captured one of the German night fighter Me262s grounded due to mechanical failure.

DSC_15770001_zps2bfcfea7.jpg

Picked this up today from local dealer........

Fuel Drums

OilDrums.jpg

and a dead knight

DeadKnight.jpg

Technically not toy soldiers, but these things absolutely cracked me up and I had to have them

They are:
David Ben Gurion
Golda Meir
Menachem Begin and
Moshe Dayan

Israeli%20Leaders_-X2.jpg

Landed yesterday.... a phantom and 2 armor

Hobby Master 1/72 Air Power Series HA1941
McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom II s/n 63-7680, Col. Robin Olds "Operation Bolo" 8th TFW, Ubon Royal Thai AF Base, 2 Jan 1967

PhantomFP680.jpg

HA1941-4.jpg

HA1941-3.jpg

HA1941-2.jpg

Next a Marder and a Patton from same manufacturer

HGMarderANDPatton.jpg

Picked this up from my local TS dealer. I am starting to gather the ground crew and vehicles for a Battle of Britain airfield.

$(KGrHqFHJEgE+eD!3HrkBQN20Dfh,g~~60_57.JPG

My father has pushed his Spitfire aside to work on this for a while.

spad.a.jpg

28S-ABP-S1-2.jpg28S-ABP-S1-3.jpgla haye (7) small.jpgla haye (16) small.jpg

28mm La Hay Sainte from a company called 4 GROUND. Web images of completed model. HUNDREDS of color printed laser cut wooden parts. A bit more than I bargained for. Lift off roofs, detailed interiors, the works. Took me two evenings , some cursing, glued fingers , sliced thumb. but I have the large barn and a small piggery put together.
I had considered buying resin buildings from HOVELS in the U.K. but decided I was too lazy to paint it and since this set claimed pre painted, just some glue and clipping of parts, what could go wrong there?
Oh well, I'm determined.

FubAr

I know that your dad is quite the prolific builder, but I suspect that one will keep him busy for an afternoon (or so).:)

-Moe

Moe

He only took a break from the Spitfire when it became more putty than plastic.

Jack

Moe

He only took a break from the Spitfire when it became more putty than plastic.

Jack

Ugh, that doesn't sound good. I think that he started with this one:

th

Because he was having trouble acquiring this one:

spitfire_mk1_box_640x480.jpg

Do I have that right? As I recall the sixties-era Spit went together just fine. The problem with it was that it didn't have any dihedral on the wings, and was, therefore, kinda funny-looking. The second kit is really a Hasegawa Mk.V kit with some new parts which allow it can be ported over to a Mk.1 or Mk.2. If the first kit "went to putty" on your father, he must have picked a "bad apple" or one that was improperly stored all these years. Anyway, sorry to hear about it.:(

-Moe

View attachment 159082View attachment 159083View attachment 159084View attachment 159085

28mm La Hay Sainte from a company called 4 GROUND. Web images of completed model. HUNDREDS of color printed laser cut wooden parts. A bit more than I bargained for. Lift off roofs, detailed interiors, the works. Took me two evenings , some cursing, glued fingers , sliced thumb. but I have the large barn and a small piggery put together.
I had considered buying resin buildings from HOVELS in the U.K. but decided I was too lazy to paint it and since this set claimed pre painted, just some glue and clipping of parts, what could go wrong there?
Oh well, I'm determined.

FubAr

Did you get the Buildings only or did you get the Battle or Collectors sets which had a lot of figures with the set.I have a 4Ground New France log cabin which I haven't put together yet.
Mark

Did you get the Buildings only or did you get the Battle or Collectors sets which had a lot of figures with the set.I have a 4Ground New France log cabin which I haven't put together yet.
Mark

Just the buildings. I already have thousands of painted troops. Far more French than I can really deploy at once, including La Garde.

I bought the WARLORD collectors set too that did have all the bonus troops. KGL, 95th , French Sappers, piles of dead ect ect.

http://www.warlordgames.com/new-la-haye-sainte-battle-set-collectors-edition/

Now , I have x 2 sets of buildings. 4 Ground is a much more detailed and far more complicated to put together. I'll post images with some troops once finished.

FubAr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back