What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (3 Viewers)

Picked up two more happy warriors on ebay last night:

EA012_L.jpg

I normally avoid "guys with guns." However, these two fellas are priceless!^&grin

-Moe

Ugh, that doesn't sound good. I think that he started with this one:

th

Because he was having trouble acquiring this one:

spitfire_mk1_box_640x480.jpg

Do I have that right? As I recall the sixties-era Spit went together just fine. The problem with it was that it didn't have any dihedral on the wings, and was, therefore, kinda funny-looking. The second kit is really a Hasegawa Mk.V kit with some new parts which allow it can be ported over to a Mk.1 or Mk.2. If the first kit "went to putty" on your father, he must have picked a "bad apple" or one that was improperly stored all these years. Anyway, sorry to hear about it.:(

-Moe

Moe

Yes - they are the kits. The Spit will still be OK but it does need some extra work. If the three versions of the second kit do not turn up we will need another few of the Mk I. I did laugh though, when my father said they had gone up in price to almost thirty dollars each as though that was a game changer. I am buying the ground crew so you can imagine how far from being 'expensive' a thirty dollar kit is when you collect TS.

Jack

Just the buildings. I already have thousands of painted troops. Far more French than I can really deploy at once, including La Garde.

I bought the WARLORD collectors set too that did have all the bonus troops. KGL, 95th , French Sappers, piles of dead ect ect.

http://www.warlordgames.com/new-la-haye-sainte-battle-set-collectors-edition/

Now , I have x 2 sets of buildings. 4 Ground is a much more detailed and far more complicated to put together. I'll post images with some troops once finished.

FubAr

I like how they did those sets.I wish they would do something like that for the FIW.They could do Ft. William Henry or Ticonderoga or something like that.
Mark

Moe

Yes - they are the kits. The Spit will still be OK but it does need some extra work. If the three versions of the second kit do not turn up we will need another few of the Mk I. I did laugh though, when my father said they had gone up in price to almost thirty dollars each as though that was a game changer. I am buying the ground crew so you can imagine how far from being 'expensive' a thirty dollar kit is when you collect TS.

Jack

Okay, here's a review of one that might work:

Photo-18-06-2014-20-58-09.jpg

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2714-132nd-supermarine-spitfire-mk-iia/

If you (or your father) read between the lines, it seems as though the reviewer is complaining about the model having features of a Mk.1a rather than a Mk.II. For instance, he complains that the spinner is of the DeHavilland Type, rather than Rotol (used on the Mk.II). He also remarks that the parts that would make it a Mk.II are on the same sprue! The kit is pretty much new. KH Norton in the UK has them for 20 GBP. If you've still got that "Martin pays no shipping from the UK" deal working, that would probably work, price-wise. Don't know for sure, but I suspect that you've already found decals for your squadron of choice.

-Moe

Last edited:
Preparing for the upcoming WINTER Panther or a BBG WINTER Tiger ....... {sm4}

TankRidersWINTER.jpg

Picked these up today from my TS shop. I am just looking to clear the decks a bit in preparation for the arrival of the K&C Renault and WW1 French. To add to the decisions that need to be made, I am pretty impressed with the K&C English Civil War range.

GWA-08-31--500x500.jpg

Rec'd some Little Legion figs and the RAF card playing pilots were a birthday gift. Chris

Added Life Guards to my permanent Waterloo dio. Been collecting them for a while but did receive the latest fig this week. Chris

I picked up the following K&C Barbarian sets at the Chicago Show:

BAR002, BAR003, BAR004, BAR005, BAR009 and BAR011 for $30.00 a set.

Brian

Just picked this up from my local TS shop. There were six of us in the shop. One of us already had it and three of us were lined up to get the one available. There are the quick, the dead and those who have to wait for the next delivery! Guess which one I am!

Lovely model.

FW146(S).jpg

Nice pick up Jack and im wondering if much carnage happened in the shop while the jostling for the tank was happening!!! ^&grin

Tom

Nice pick up Jack and im wondering if much carnage happened in the shop while the jostling for the tank was happening!!! ^&grin

Tom

No ... but I did wonder aloud whether it would be discounted on the basis that it was display stock. The shop owner did provide complimentary lollies so all in all it was a pleasant Saturday morning visit.

Jack,

A very nice pick up hopefully more are coming for the rest of us.

Just remember you need to save funds for ECW.

Mark

Just picked this up from my local TS shop. There were six of us in the shop. One of us already had it and three of us were lined up to get the one available. There are the quick, the dead and those who have to wait for the next delivery! Guess which one I am!

Lovely model.

food-drink-banana-fruit-fight-fighting-squabbles-babn256_low-001.jpg.............................^&grin^&grin^&grin

No ... but I did wonder aloud whether it would be discounted on the basis that it was display stock. The shop owner did provide complimentary lollies so all in all it was a pleasant Saturday morning visit.

Now you did know better :wink2: a discount is discounted at the shop regardless of complimentary jelly snakes.....^&grin
Wayne.

Two new additions to the "KHALIFA'S CHARGE AT OMDURMAN" produced by Trophy of Wales

Set# DS64 - THE RED FLAG OF THE DANAGLA

Set# DS69 - HADENDOWAH#2

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back