What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (5 Viewers)

And the credit card cryeth out, "that's all for this billing cycle!"

Uncle.jpg

In all seriousness, I realize that there's a high-brow element to TS-collecting. And let me acknowledge that my approach to acquisitions is pretty modest in comparison. Were I not willing to use "ersatz planes and vehicles" with these KC sets, I probably wouldn't even attempt a BoB display. I guess the good news for KC is that "the humble collector" has options that allows for a partial use of its catalog.

-Moe

Got two medieval guys (father and son) from Black Hawk just the other day. A purchase to check on style, size and quality of their medieval figures.
Think I will get some more :smile2:
It's "The Lance 1330's" that I am tempted with.

Happy Collecting!

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2144.JPG
    DSCF2144.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 286
You cannot say Thomas Gunn does not take packing seriously..... look at the size of the box.... now saying all that if the box was half as big maybe shipping would not have been so outrageous for this item....

20141024_123309_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20141024_123332_resized.jpg
    20141024_123332_resized.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 279

OMG, TG forgot the PROP!

J/K, it's a beauty. There's still a small supply of this model in the retail channel (as well as the winterized version and the last Rumpler). I'd post a link here, but I don't want to put myself in the position of hawking someone else' wares on the forum. PM me if you'd like directions.

-Moe

OMG, TG forgot the PROP!

J/K, it's a beauty. There's still a small supply of this model in the retail channel (as well as the winterized version and the last Rumpler). I'd post a link here, but I don't want to put myself in the position of hawking someone else' wares on the forum. PM me if you'd like directions.

-Moe

No worries.. the prop was in the packing....

Attachments

• treefrog.JPG
    treefrog.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 277
Not the best sculpt, not painting, but this one gave me a chuckle so I bought it!

It is Man's Best Friend from C.M. Scotland, LTD.

C.M.%20Scotland%20LTD.%20-%20Man%27s%20Best%20Friend-L.jpg

I picked up the last of the TCS Agincourt figures plus two kneeling firing Gordons to add to my square. I also saw the TG Australian and Japanese figures which are just excellent. They will be next week. I am hopeful of clearing the decks because the K&C English Civil War range is on its way!

CS00796_POP.jpg

CS00798_POP.jpg

CS00799_POP.jpg

NA203(S).jpg

Not the best sculpt, not painting, but this one gave me a chuckle so I bought it!

It is Man's Best Friend from C.M. Scotland, LTD.

C.M.%20Scotland%20LTD.%20-%20Man%27s%20Best%20Friend-L.jpg

Hi.
I like this figure.
Do you happen to have the web address or any contact information for C.M. Scotland Ltd. ?
Thanks,
MikeNick

Picked these up from my local TS shop. Well done TG! I am lucky enough to have a shop close by, so I see figures before I buy. I was, nevertheless, still very pleased when these came out of the box looking good! I will grab the other Japanese figures next week. I am pleased that I bought TG's Japanese tank on a whim some months back. It is always nice to buy as things are released rather than play catch-up.

Attachments

• 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 228.jpg
    228.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 208
Those Aussies are great figures.
Mark

Mark

Yes ... they are nice figures. I have tried to avoid WW2 because where will my collecting end if I start a whole new conflict. I do, however, like to support companies when they make Australian figures, explore under-represented battles, theatres, conflicts and make good figures. In this instance, I believe that TG have ticked all three boxes ... and at times Vicki's posts have made me laugh aloud. That is, as they say, gravy.

Jack

Trophy of Wales

Two flag bearers from THE KHALIFA'S CHARGE AT OMDURMAN 1898

Set# DS62 - ALI WAD HELU'S BATTLE FLAG

Set# DS63 - THE BLACK FLAG OF THE MAHDI

Cheers

Martyn:)

Trophy of Wales

Two Troopers from the 21st Lancers at the BATTLE OF OMDURMAN

Cheers

Martyn:)

I've just received the remaining 5 figures (castings) from this set:

Austrian Infantry Regiment Gyulai (Hungarian) c 1750

GYULAI_30.JPG

I found the Officer, NCO and Standard Bearer in a toy soldier shop in Vienna in July, while on holidays and then when looking on the Hecker & Goros website ( http://www.hecker-goros.de/ ) saw that there were 5 more figures.

I tracked them down at Berlin Zinnfiguren, even though they were not in stock, they managed to obtain them after 4 weeks, and finally the casting have safely arrived 'down under, and are awaiting 'a lick of paint'

I'll show off that project later in a Painting Thread.

John

I've just received the remaining 5 figures (castings) from this set:

Austrian Infantry Regiment Gyulai (Hungarian) c 1750

I found the Officer, NCO and Standard Bearer in a toy soldier shop in Vienna in July, while on holidays and then when looking on the Hecker & Goros website ( http://www.hecker-goros.de/ ) saw that there were 5 more figures.

I tracked them down at Berlin Zinnfiguren, even though they were not in stock, they managed to obtain them after 4 weeks, and finally the casting have safely arrived 'down under, and are awaiting 'a lick of paint'

I'll show off that project later in a Painting Thread.

John

Hello

great buy
Can you give us the name and adress of the shop in Vienna ?

Bes

My John Jenkins Design order arrived today, so I couldn't wait to open them, and set up the troops in their dioramas.

Firstly the remaining Prussian from the Battle of Leuthen diorama to which I added a new wall section so I could spread out the Austrian defenders.

JJD New.jpg

Note that I cannot place the top section of the gate structure until I raise the shelf, which involves reorganising my collection

Below in a new diorama kit I recently constructed and painted, is my first display of a French column in Spain, about to ambushed by Spanish Guerrillas.

The new figures are the Officer and the remaining Fusilier marching.

New JJD.jpg

The diorama is a plastic kit from MiniArt, the Ukrainian maker.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back