What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Filling in some of the holes in my collection.. Finally found the RA set at a reasonable price and another large crusader collection was sold to my fav US dealer not named Treefrog.....

Attachments

• 20140820_154204_resized.jpg
    20140820_154204_resized.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 177
  • 20140820_154105_resized.jpg
    20140820_154105_resized.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 180
Filling in some of the holes in my collection.. Finally found the RA set at a reasonable price and another large crusader collection was sold to my fav US dealer not named Treefrog.....

RA : Roumanian Army ? Royal Artillery ?
And which maker ?

Best

All are metal

WBritain Trooping the Colours, Receiving the Colours, Welsh Guard (40110)
WR-DSC_0137.jpg WR-DSC_0138.jpg

Corgi Forward March Civilian a War, United Nation Relief Worker ( CC59182 )
WR-DSC_0146.jpg WR-DSC_0147.jpg

All are metal

WBritain, Redcoats, Grenadier Officer 1st Foot Guard ( 44030)
WR-DSC_0144.jpg WR-DSC_0145.jpg

WBritain, Delhi Durbar, An Indian Tailor (22004)
WR-DSC_0142.jpg WR-DSC_0143.jpg

Best

LANDED ......... HobbyMaster 1:72 Air Power Series HA1968
McDonnell Douglas F-4B Phantom II Diecast Model
USN VF-84 Jolly Rogers, AG206, USS Independence, Gulf of Tonkin, 1965

HA1968-3.jpg

HA1968-4.jpg

HA1968-1.jpg

HA1968-2.jpg

Nice spook! HM sure has manufactured a lot of Phantoms. It's great to see that there are still livery schemes that collectors are interested in. This allows ready access to folks who are new to model collecting and want to buy a couple of nice ones. They can enter the fray without resorting to :mad:evilbay:mad:. That's a good thing, IMO.

-Moe

Last edited:
Picked up the latest Jenkins British Ground Crew set, BGC-19:

BGC19.jpg

As is so often the case with Jenkins' figures, it really appears that this set is intended for use with two other sets, BGC-17 and BGC-18:

BGC17.jpg

BGC_18.jpg

Certainly, the figures can be used as standalone pieces. However, they really do serve to enhance one another when displayed together. The sum value of the sets, as it were, appear rather greater than that of the individual elements.

-Moe

Now you just need to get a plane for the boys

Picked up the latest Jenkins British Ground Crew set, BGC-19:

BGC19.jpg

As is so often the case with Jenkins' figures, it really appears that this set is intended for use with two other sets, BGC-17 and BGC-18:

BGC17.jpg

BGC_18.jpg

Certainly, the figures can be used as standalone pieces. However, they really do serve to enhance one another when displayed together. The sum value of the sets, as it were, appear rather greater than that of the individual elements.

-Moe

I love the Jolly Roger F-4
I have one of the IDF versions. I always love the underwing payload of the F-4. It just makes it look like a beast!

I love the Jolly Roger F-4
I have one of the IDF versions. I always love the underwing payload of the F-4. It just makes it look like a beast!

I agree regarding the external stores on this one. Phantoms with straight A2A loads are nice and streamlined, but lack the "lethality quotient" of ones loaded-out with bombs.

-Moe

Strictly speaking, I didn't purchase these:

Kurt_Front.jpg

Kurt_Back.jpg

Kurt_Side.jpg

Rather, I won them in a contest for coming up with a name for the schnauzer you see above. Named him Schnaps, BTW. Out of gratitude, I thought that I'd post some pics of the set to the forum. Deepest thanks to Vicki and cohorts from TGunn Toy Soldiers. I really do appreciate your generosity, Ma'am (and sirs)! ^&grin

-Moe

John, Carefull on how you spell "FOKKER" Cheers.......Wayne from out West ! Awesome looking Birds !

Why is that PA? Is it because of copyright infringement from the movie "meet the FOKKERS"!!! {sm2}:rolleyes2:{sm4}

Nice pickup of birds John!

Tom

Britain : Help for Heroes, Stretcher Bearer Set, Iraq 2007

WR-DSC_0149.jpg

WR-DSC_0150.jpg

Britain : Delhi Durbar, Indian Beggar ( 22006 )

WR-DSC_0156.jpg

Corgi Forward March : Civilians at War, Flanagan and Allen ( CC59193 )
Famous British actors, singers, very actives in improving the morale during WWII, particulary during the bombing of London

WR-DSC_0152.jpg

Just got these two guys to go along with my desert Stuka. They look amazing to me.

Attachments

• DSC_15540001.JPG
    DSC_15540001.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_15550001.JPG
    DSC_15550001.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 175
Yeah, the figures look great against the Stuka and im just curious, but who makes the Stuka and what scale is it?

Tom

TROPHY OF WALES

THE NORTH WEST FRONTIER series

Set# NWF12 - THE QUEENS OWN CORPS OF GUIDES MOUNTED LANCER

Every four man was armed with a lance, he was the designated horse handler during any action

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back