What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (5 Viewers)

Also 1/6 F18 Pilot from BBI

Attachments

• DSC_14880001.JPG
    DSC_14880001.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_14890001.JPG
    DSC_14890001.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_14900001.JPG
    DSC_14900001.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 244
Ted Toy Navy Band and Boat Party w/ Dock and Gulls (many more photos of this and others in the "General Glossy section"

TedToy%20Navy%20Band%20and%20Boat%20Party%20w-%20Gulls%20and%20Dock%201-L.jpg

Great set, but I think you transposed a number when ordering?!?! They should be GRAY!!! Just kidding, I have the Georgia version!

TD

And finally the F15 pilot "Woflman"

Attachments

• DSC_14930001.JPG
    DSC_14930001.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_14920001.JPG
    DSC_14920001.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_14910001.JPG
    DSC_14910001.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 213
Just in :
Germania, 70mm, plastic, GrossHerzorg Ernst von Sachsen-Weimar
WR-DSC_0081.jpg

Superior, 90mm, Lead, ( Ray Lamb USA ), Brunswick Dragoon
WR-DSC_0083.jpg

R Almond, 90mm, Lead, Lanksnecht
WR-DSC_0084.jpg

Serie 77, Lead, Pat Bird Prusian Fusilier 1776
WR-DSC_0082.jpg

Last edited:
Picked these up at the shop yesterday. With all the WW1 releases due it wasalmost the calm before the storm. Just quietly adding to my AZW and building up my square for a Waterloo diorama. I love requesting a Gordons figure and just saying to the humble shopkeep 'I don't care which one. I'll take the first one you pick up'.

20121LR.jpg

King%20and%20Country%20NA204%20Gordon%20loading.jpg

Picked these up at the shop yesterday. With all the WW1 releases due it wasalmost the calm before the storm. Just quietly adding to my AZW and building up my square for a Waterloo diorama. I love requesting a Gordons figure and just saying to the humble shopkeep 'I don't care which one. I'll take the first one you pick up'.

And we would love to know in wich brand you found them :)
An by the way, what AZW stand for ?

And we would love to know in wich brand you found them :)
An by the way, what AZW stand for ?

Anglo Zulu War by Britains and the Gordons are King and Country.

All metal

Britain Musketeer 1st Foot Guards 1686 ( glossy ) and British Lt General Lord Hill a Waterloo 1815 ( mat )
Please note : both are WBritain, 1st Gear, no way to make the difference between glossy or mat by looking at the boxes, also see the difference in size

WR-DSC_0085.jpg WR-DSC_0087.jpg

W-DSC_0088.jpg

Corgi Forward March, Battle of Trafalgar, RN Rating Signaller with flags

WR-DSC_0090.jpg WR-DSC_0091.jpg

Best
Asinus asinum fricat .

A very lucky find on Ebay, the original TROPHY OF WALES DS61 – MOUNTED ANSAR with STANDARD BEARER
This is the actual set pictured in the Trophy flyer advertising the revived Dragon Crest range.

If you look at the picture on the flyer the mounted figure does not have a sword scabbard showing, yet the figure has the hole drilled in his back to fix it, a slight mistake by Trophy when the picture was taken due to the haste required in getting the flyer off to the dealers announcing the revived range.The figure I won on Ebay was also missing the scabbard and had the hole drilled. The paint detail on the flag carried by the foot figure is exactly as show on the flyer.

The picture from the flyer

The picture from the Ebay auction

Finding an original Trophy Dervish scabbard wasn't a problem, I have a mate who supplied me with several Trophy spare parts including various weapons etc :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

King and Country NA205 Gordon firing.jpg

CLUB013.JPG

GW027.JPG

Just got back from the shop with these. I really like the TG French. The K&C Gordon joins his comrades in the firing line as it takes shape for next year.

Great pickups Jack but none will work with the future K&C spitfire!!! ^&grin

Tom

HobbyMaster IDF F-16 just landed.... {sm3}

Nice pickup, DM101. Just ordered the Israeli "Flying Dragons" F-16, BTW. I wouldn't be surprised to see HM produce additional IDF F-16 & SUFA schemes. In particular, I can't see them failing to deliver up a "Scorpions" version of the aircraft:

f-16cIDFAF-105sqn-534-1000.jpg

Last edited:
HA0302 arrived recently, an F6F-3 Hellcat in archetypal three-tone camo as flown by ace Alex Vraciu:

View attachment 156366

Simply put, the model is a perfect example of the strengths and weaknesses of Hobby Master diecast models.

On the plus side, no manufacturer does a better job of reproducing diecast airplane models from plastic kits than does HM. Proper care was obviously shown in the assembly, painting and marking of HA0302, as mine looks great. There's even a bit of faux smoke-staining applied aft of the exhaust ports. The model has positionable wings. On my example, the join between outer and inner wings is very snug and barely noticeable.. All of this adds up to the sort of diecast which collectors know that HM is capable of producing.

On the negative side of the ledger, the model has the same weaknesses as those associated with it's plastic antecedent from kit-maker Trumpeter. The fuselage is somewhat too wide through the cockpit area. This wouldn't be noticeable were the canopy not located in the same spot. As is, the eye is drawn straight to the malformation and a cockpit/canopy that are clearly a tad "too broad through the beam." Also, the tires are MUCH too thin for the wheel-rims. BOTH of the anomalies are attributable directly to the Trumpeter kit. HM did a great job of reproducing that which they had licensed, but they also replicated it's flaws.

I'm giving this model four stars (out of five). HM did marvelous work in cloning a premium plastic kit into metal, but, as is typical, proved either unwilling or incapable of correcting its shortcomings. I knew about this before I purchased the model, by the way. In my opinion, wart(s) and all, it's still the nicest Hellcat in diecast. That's no mean achievement when you consider its several competitors, including replicas from Franklin Mint, Dragon, Corgi and HM's own 1/72 version. This is a big-honking piece of zinc, and most collectors should really enjoy having it on the shelf.^&grin

-Moe

HA0302 arrived recently, an F6F-3 Hellcat in archetypal three-tone camo as flown by ace Alex Vraciu:

View attachment 156366

Simply put, the model is a perfect example of the strengths and weaknesses of Hobby Master diecast models.

On the plus side, no manufacturer does a better job of reproducing diecast airplane models from plastic kits than does HM. Proper care was obviously shown in the assembly, painting and marking of HA0302, as mine looks great. There's even a bit of faux smoke-staining applied aft of the exhaust ports. The model has positionable wings. On my example, the join between outer and inner wings is very snug and barely noticeable.. All of this adds up to the sort of diecast which collectors know that HM is capable of producing.

On the negative side of the ledger, the model has the same weaknesses as those associated with it's plastic antecedent from kit-maker Trumpeter. The fuselage is somewhat too wide through the cockpit area. This wouldn't be noticeable were the canopy not located in the same spot. As is, the eye is drawn straight to the malformation and a cockpit/canopy that are clearly a tad "too broad through the beam." Also, the tires are MUCH too thin for the wheel-rims. BOTH of the anomalies are attributable directly to the Trumpeter kit. HM did a great job of reproducing that which they had licensed, but they also replicated it's flaws.

I'm giving this model four stars (out of five). HM did marvelous work in cloning a premium plastic kit into metal, but, as is typical, proved either unwilling or incapable of correcting its shortcomings. I knew about this before I purchased the model, by the way. In my opinion, wart(s) and all, it's still the nicest Hellcat in diecast. That's no mean achievement when you consider its several competitors, including replicas from Franklin Mint, Dragon, Corgi and HM's own 1/72 version. This is a big-honking piece of zinc, and most collectors should really enjoy having it on the shelf.^&grin

-Moe

very nice Hell cat model there ivanmoe. Here is my Cat mouth version made by BBI in 1/18 scale

Attachments

• DSC_08760001.JPG
    DSC_08760001.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 172

Users who are viewing this thread

Back