What would Forum Members like to see in the Conquest of America range in the future? (1 Viewer)

Pax Toy Soldier

Private 2
Here's our wish list, please add yours!

1) A re-release, or a different release, of Cuahchicqueh warriors (shock troops who fought in pairs & who we need)…
2) Tlaxcalan and/or other native allies
3) an Idol being overthrown by Conquistadores
4) mastiffs, preferably eating an Aztec or two^&grin
5) small canoes, preferably both Aztec & Spanish allies

Thanks for listening, keep collecting,
Pat & Pat

Well besides all of the aforementioned figures, I would also like the following:

1) Cortes (obviously)
2) Ordinary (Common) Aztec Warriors with slings and bows
3) Spanish bannermen with Cortes personal banner and that of Spain
4) African Conquistadors (like Juan Garrido)
5) One of the handful of female Conquistadoras
6) Some of Cortes lieutenants like Pedro de Alvarado and Gonzalo de Sandoval
7) Dona Marina (Malinali) Cortes Indian interpreter

Niels

This might be sacrilege, but Id like to see JJD explore other aspects of the Conquest of America, like New France and Jamestown, similar to the club figure of the Carignan-Salières Regiment that he did a few years go.

Brendan

jjclub-2016f_1_.jpg

Well besides all of the aforementioned figures, I would also like the following:

1) Cortes (obviously)
2) Ordinary (Common) Aztec Warriors with slings and bows
3) Spanish bannermen with Cortes personal banner and that of Spain
4) African Conquistadors (like Juan Garrido)
5) One of the handful of female Conquistadoras
6) Some of Cortes lieutenants like Pedro de Alvarado and Gonzalo de Sandoval
7) Dona Marina (Malinali) Cortes Indian interpreter

Niels

All of the ideas you mentioned should be in Mr. Jenkins's creative range. As cool as expansions to this field would be (from Incas/Mayans to Explorers/Jamestown & beyond), we would like to see Cortez's Conquest of the Mexica completed - or almost so, before a new series gets far. This is partially selfish as is our list. This is our main field of collecting now that we are tapering off from collecting all of world history in miniature. We have some Morgan's Miniatures 'common' Aztecs & some nice Spaniards (many with pikes) so we would prefer more natives, maybe a Blue Eagle Warrior & a Red Jaguar & a differently colored Coyote from the 1519-1521 campaign. Crazy banners are always welcome. We have Aeroart's Cortez & a Russian Montezuma & some Barszo buildings. Cortez should have his personal standard (which we would buy) & Spain's (which we may not - we need more Indians!). 500 year anniversary! We need more! Hard to ween off soldiers with such a great series being made!
Anyway, in case we miss the Chitown show, we agree that this lovely range should include all the things we both wished for now, and hopefully what everyone else has wished for - eventually.

We would add Montezuma and an Aztec priest to the list of what should be made. We would, personally, like to see more Indians.

Great range! Keep collecting! All of History awaits!

Best wishes, Pat & Pat

Last edited:
Jamestown would be a great series to see, especially with the surrounding Native tribes. I think John would do a great job of that.

Jamestown would be a great series to see, especially with the surrounding Native tribes. I think John would do a great job of that.

I too hope that John decides to expand this series to include more "northern" topics. Here's hoping!

Brendan

No distractions please. Would like to see John stay focused on the Conquest of MEXICO. The first Spaniards are just starting to be released. So much more to be done before wondering off in another direction.

No distractions please. Would like to see John stay focused on the Conquest of MEXICO. The first Spaniards are just starting to be released. So much more to be done before wondering off in another direction.

Agreed. Let's all try to go to the Chicago Show & ask Mr. Jenkins. Love an original range!

I believe I read something that the range will not be confined to Mexico. Logically, that would include Peru. I’m not sure other areas would be financially viable. I hope that the range would be confined to the Spanish conquests and not North America. We have had enough to satisfy the appetites of those interested in British America, in my opinion. Let’s give Latin America its due.

A load of Aztecs and Conquistadores in the pipeline but I do recall John mentioning "Jamestown".
Frankly, I think he should stick to Aztecs and maybe Mayans.

A load of Aztecs and Conquistadores in the pipeline but I do recall John mentioning "Jamestown".
Frankly, I think he should stick to Aztecs and maybe Mayans.

Agreed. Although I’m a late starter to this series, I will be picking up everything going forward.

I would like to see a small non hostile Spanish boat/barge/ship...
with a landing party...
not necessarily the large scale of the Quebec landing barge...
or with 12 rowers...
but something simple and on a much smaller scale...
maybe 8-12 figures disembarking ashore...

Attachments

• 1481842546_Delunalanding_t1070_h2e5ae20709f1e16e79f7c0df0d8508d927f4d6a5.jpg
    1481842546_Delunalanding_t1070_h2e5ae20709f1e16e79f7c0df0d8508d927f4d6a5.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 115
  • brazil-indian-waiting-for-conquistadors-landing-A37JNN.jpg
    brazil-indian-waiting-for-conquistadors-landing-A37JNN.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 114
  • b51fc94afe3c049368677b98abe4bf48.jpg
    b51fc94afe3c049368677b98abe4bf48.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 114
I asked on a related thread, but is there any indication whether John's Aztec line is related to any specific battle or event? Or is it just a generic line? It seems like in most past instances that John's figures are associated with a specific battle. In terms of boats, there were some wild melees involving canoes and smaller Spanish built brigantines on the lakes of Tenochtitlan. There is a great illustration in the recent Osprey book:

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/may_2018_artwork/

I asked on a related thread, but is there any indication whether John's Aztec line is related to any specific battle or event? Or is it just a generic line? It seems like in most past instances that John's figures are associated with a specific battle. In terms of boats, there were some wild melees involving canoes and smaller Spanish built brigantines on the lakes of Tenochtitlan. There is a great illustration in the recent Osprey book:

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/may_2018_artwork/

I saw your post but I don’t think he’s indicated his approach. Due to the poses of both the Aztecs and Spanish figures, it doesn’t look like it will be when Cortes met Moctezuma.

While we’re on suggestions, although it might be a one off, I would love to see a figure of Columbus, perhaps Columbus meeting the King and Queen of Spain. I have always wanted a figure of Isabela and Ferdinand and it might make a nice little scene, although I’m not sure it would fit with anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back