What would you like to see? (1 Viewer)

thebritfarmer

I was thinking about this and we all know Britains has literally more than 100 years to draw from when creating our favourite figures. They have had some great poses, figures and ideas over the years. I would like to know what past figures you would like to see again and maybe perhaps used in a different setting?

For example, I would like to see a release of a similar set but suited to the AZW.

Attachments

• 17479_lg.jpg
    17479_lg.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 302
or perhaps matte versions of these?

Attachments

• user845_pic13548_1281720623.jpg
    user845_pic13548_1281720623.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 233
  • user845_pic13549_1281720623.jpg
    user845_pic13549_1281720623.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 231
I would love to see this band in Matte. But, I dont mind any bands in gloss, one of the few things in gloss I really think is best
Mitch

More mounted ACW Confederate cavalry troopers circa 1863. Also, ACW non-combatants/civilians/refugees.
:) Mike

We need some dead & wounded sets - very badly - both Confederate & Union

I am going to second Mike's motion to add Confederate Cavalry circa 1863 and onward. WB really hit a home run with there 10 rider series (no number 7 fence jumper...lacks the right jacket) 1st Virginia Cavalry. I have combined that whole ten figure mounted set with the 1st generation Mosby into my "Ride around McClellen" vignette. Now I need to learn how to upload that photo to share with all. The only other mounted WB Rebs are two figures: one guidon and the pistol packing scout (no sabre) along with a second generation Mosby on a white horse.Therefore the Britains line has gotten way ahead of itself with lots of dismounted Union Cavalry sets: this years being the third rollout (fantastic looking figures) of that form along with at least 15 mounted troops to augment the line. Rebel Cavalry fought with distinction in many dismounted efforts. It is perhaps the most underserved of the branches from the Rebel side.Frontline has a line of mounted Confederates yet not one figure is made with a breechloading carbine plus the horses are only depicted in three generic poses. That's a glaring omission. The CS line of Mosby's Raiders is just that: irregulars with a partisan slant. First Legion is years off in there mounted Rebel plans. So Richard and Ken I'm sure they are on your front burner: mounted and dismounted Confederate Cavalry depicted with not just horse pistols,sabres and shotguns but breechloaders since they managed to procure plenty of Sharps and others that were often deployed dismounted as sharpshooters and don't forget they also utilized lots of muzzle loading carbines and rifles in both forms so the possibilites are endless. I like Mike's lobbying for the depiction of a trooper holding three horses...very plausible, accurate and realistic. One other thing: be very conservative and judicious with the usage of yellow paint specifically too many historical representations of Confederate Cavalry assume/use lots of yellow trim on kepi's and jackets ala what Guard Corps Ltd. did with there dismounted Confederates and what Andy at K&C did with his Rebel Cavalry rollout last year. Frontlines mounted Rebels are much more in order with the absence of yellow trim that is really more historically accurate at least from 1863 onward. Just an opinion and a suggestion as I know once Richard and Ken execute this line it will most surely be top quality, historically accurate, terrific painting and castings and just a fantastic continuation of my favorite products.

I was thinking about this and we all know Britains has literally more than 100 years to draw from when creating our favourite figures. They have had some great poses, figures and ideas over the years. I would like to know what past figures you would like to see again and maybe perhaps used in a different setting?

For example, I would like to see a release of a similar set but suited to the AZW.

I would've held his head, a great way to loose a testicle!:D:D

Martin

The band always should have been done in matte as well. Most collecting Zulu would have been up for it. I think this will happen given the hard work has already been done on this set. Also I hope one day some of those civil war artillery can be converted into the Zulu conflict. Cheers, Robin.

Robin mate,
Could not agree more. I was offered the Band and Colour Party in gloss by my dealer who supplies my Zulu range but declined. Waiting for them to come out in matte. Would purchase in an instant. I think any Zulu collector would love to see these sets in matte.
Cheers Howard

The sets I would like to see

1. AZW Gattling Gun
2. Artillery with a horse team
3. A rocket battery
4 Camplife scenes, British and Zulu
5. Mounted Infantry

Although you can wait awhile to produce these, I still need to pickup a few AZW sets.:D

A return to using boxes for packaging the individual figs. The new plastic clam shells don't do much for the collector. :cool: But you can't WB for pricing, maybe it keeps costs down.

A return to using boxes for packaging the individual figs. The new plastic clam shells don't do much for the collector. :cool: But you can't WB for pricing, maybe it keeps costs down.

Just for me as an army builder, the clams are the best, as every bit of packaging goes into the bin to avoid storage problems. I hate the boxes because I feel guilty throwing them away as they are very often well made with alot of thought behind them, but they are bulky and to see large packages arrive at my door costing big postage when broken down resulting in a dozen figures which I could fit in my pocket, it seems such an overkill. I know if you intend to re sell later, you need them, but that does not apply to me, no doubt I am in the minority. Cheers, Robin.

FIW in Matte
Little Big Horn
Texas Revolution
Spanish American War

Users who are viewing this thread

Back