What would you like to see? (1 Viewer)

Animals to complement the various ranges. :)

I agree - especially farm animals to compliment the 18th/19th century farmhouse/barn/ and out buildings that are now available. Sheep, mules, cows, pigs, chickens.
:) Mike

I agree - especially farm animals to compliment the 18th/19th century farmhouse/barn/ and out buildings that are now available. Sheep, mules, cows, pigs, chickens.

A dead cow would work well in so many scenes from any battle, AWI, ACW, WWI, WWII, etc. I could see one or two in the background of all your dios Mike.

I'd like the Connoisseur Collection issued in 90-120mm size.
Even if they had to double the price or more. At least for
the mounted.

All ACW:

Destroyed Cannon
Troops from Minn.
Wounded figures

Regardless everything coming out is outstanding.....

I also agree.......and some civilian to go with the sets ....I have all the farm building.....and the crops in the field.....:D

More redcoats!!!!!

lol well more modern redcoats like WW1 & WW2 era maybe a few wearing the blue dress uniforms designed for the coronation? Or modern day camo soldiers done in the redcoats style?

Would like more mounted regiments made in gloss, the scots greys, blues & royals any hussar regiment.

Id also like to see canadian mounties done in the redcoats style maybe as a limited edition band & the pipes & drums band? could do marching troopers & mounted troopers aswell?

My last suggestion is to spin-off the museum series lone piper figure into his own series? britains could make an edinburgh castle backdrop for the lone piper & then make matte bands from famous regiments that have taken part in the Tattoo over the years?

Cheers for listening to me ramble on!
Craig

Early WW1 artillery, for all sides. Love the field guns. A French 75mm is an absolute must, even if nothing else gets done. Would love to see L Battery from Nery and also German 77mm guns. In fact, I would like to see more early WW1 everything. -- Al

Hi There again,
We are seeing some very good suggestions here. Some are on our list, and in some cases have been on there for some time and we still haven't gotten to them yet. There are several reasons for this that might be useful to think about, just so collectors don't think that they are being ignored.

1. Since 1st Gear acquired W. Britain all of the Matt and Classic gloss were revised into a new standard between sculptors. This was very different than the previous owner used so none of the previous work developed could really be used. This means that it has taken us some time to build the new ranges.

2. We changed the approach to developing our ranges in many areas. From the number and type of figures in a range, to the packaging. I personnally think we are at a better place today that a few years ago. We have also launched several new periods with some success. This means that resources in time, money and manufacturing capacity must be spread around a bit more.

3. A few ranges have performed poorly in the market place and we had to rethink additional investment in development. It doesn't always mean that a subject will never have additions... it might just mean that they are within a new range. The downside of this is that some collectors don't like the inconsistency in labeling or packaging. My observation here would be that many of the releases withing the Redcoat & Bluecoats in the French & Indian War are Redcoats... some collectors found it troubling that the box or clam shell was different. It never crossed our mind that the box would be as important as the content. It seemed obvious to us that any numbered regiment on the regular establishment would be a Redcoat even if we were to market with a slightly different title or package.

4. Manufacturing... As mentioned by other brands from time to time, there have been a few complications working with China meeting deadlines. We can never predict these and although we have all of our development done in Europe or the US, we still have unexpected delays. Our catalog format makes this more obvious than it might for others operating today too.

5. Our line lists for development get harder and harder to edit. With all of the requests and the success of some of our ranges the lists grow and grow. We would love to make everything... but we just can't. With that said, the brand is pretty old... older than most of the fine brands now doing business. From that standpoint I think that we will probably get to many of the request sooner or later. We will do our best to make it sooner for many of you.

I think some of you will be pleased with the 2011 catalog and a few more will be pleased with the catalogs that follow...
We love to hear from collectors here, at the shows, from the Collectors Club and from week to week in the office. Please feel free to shout out!
All the Best,
Ken

Some very great suggestions lads !! and thanks Ken for weighing in and giving your insight. It is good to be able to have the manufacturers give us their thoughts and ideas on what they are working on and what has been requested by the public.

Thanks Ken, all sounds postive and good times to come, cannot wait. Cheers, Robin.

A dead cow would work well in so many scenes from any battle, AWI, ACW, WWI, WWII, etc. I could see one or two in the background of all your dios Mike.

Yes, those would be great! I have seen ACW soldier references to "slow deer" as a euphamism for livestock. As in, "Captain, I didn't mean to shoot that cow. I thought it was a slow moving deer. . . Should I wake the cook?"

Personally, I'd like to see ACW Union in shell jackets, and a greater variety of headgear than just forage caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back