What's in Andy's room in Chicago. (2 Viewers)

Love the French Grenadiers in action, will be buying a good number of those.The Brit Horse Artillery looks a bit dull and stiff compared to all the great new sets K&C is making. Hopefully this is just some sort of proto-type and not the final version.

The M10 looks great (fyi- "Wolverine" is a purely British name, the M10 had no nickname officially or otherwise for US forces).
Gary

True, but we shouldn't forget that the British name for the US M4 medium tank was 'Sherman', and that name seemed to have been popular with the GI's. In fact most people wouldn't know what the M4 tank looked like, but as soon as you mention 'Sherman', they all know.

Love the French Grenadiers in action, will be buying a good number of those.The Brit Horse Artillery looks a bit dull and stiff compared to all the great new sets K&C is making. Hopefully this is just some sort of proto-type and not the final version.

They did look like prototypes not production. Man those Grenadiers are really cool. Any idea of a release date?

The limited edition sherman was not in Andys room, he only had pictures of it.
And when I mentioned that that was a Patton figure, I was advised it was "not". As you recall when K&C did the first Patton figure there was a problem with his estate.
Someone mentioned about Vichy French, Andy showed me a picture of a few on camels, as I,m not real familier with that arena In WW2 I don,t recall the particulars.
I also want to thank the dealers that sponsered the Saturday night get together.
It,s always more than interesting to hear Andy talk about this hobby.
Gary

The Vichy French Camel Corps figures depicted in a photograph in Andy's folder were superb. There was an officer, dismounted from his camel, taking a compass reading, and a patrol of three other camel troopers.

The Sherman does not officially include a Patton figure, there is a three star general, whose uniform and equipment look very familiar, and whose also face also somewhat resembles someone famous, but I couldn't say it was Patton . . . not officially at least. But the tank itself looks superior to any other K&C has produced, it appears in the photographs to be on a par with the sculpting of Honour Bound. However, I am not raising K&C armor grade to more than a B+ until I see it in person. If it looks as good in person, they have jumped from a C to an A in a period of months. Not bad Andy, not bad.

To have a camel corps would be superb. Would love to see some of the old camel corps redone. I assume we can look for this one early next year.

When are the camel soldiers comming .

and what is the colour of the scout car and the sherman .

can somebody thal me .

richard .

:)

Sorry if these questions are repeats, but does anyone remember seeing a price tag on the M10 and are the BOB sets being released in Nov? Thanks:)

Fred

What's in Andy's room in Chicago? Andy!

It was great seeing Andy's new stuff and Gordon's dioramas but I really had a great time just hanging out with them and the guys til the late hours. Andy is very interactive and would ask our opinions and he'll tell us his idea's and dreams. Really cool. :)

Thanks Steven,

Those figures are fantastic. My collection is growing fast now. My october order is almost exclusively made of SOKH facades and figures. Thanks again.

Pierre.

P.S. How do they compare with the glossy set?

Welcome back all who attended the Chicago show. Lucky dogs. Thanks to all of you who posted pictures and comments of what K&C,HB,NMA,Figarti,ONTC and others brought to the table this year. I have yet to see any pictures of the Limited Edition Sherman and understand there were only brochures available. Looking through the past posts I did not notice any production numbers for this Sherman. Is it a "Limited" or "Strictly Limited" piece and did Andy happen to mention production numbers if it was a SL set? Also was there a price announcement for the new Sherman?

The Sherman wil be "strictly limited" with a run of either 1250 or 1500. As is is his best effort in polystone, and a Sherman to boot, I suspect it will sell out even faster than Rommel's Grief.

This will be Andy's 12th Sherman:

1-2. U.S. & British Versions of wood Sherman made in China, 1991 (WS05, 50 made);

3-4. U.S. & British Versions of wood Sherman made in Phillipines, 1995-1996 (TK03, less than 50 made);

5-6. U.S. & 8th Army Versions of wood Sherman custom made, 1998 (4 U.S. and 1 8th Army made);

7-8. Iwo Jima and Winter Shermans, polystone, 1997 (IWJ11 and IWJ11[W],200 Iwo versions and 10 Winter Versions made);

9. Easy Eight Sherman, polystone, 2000 (no idea of productions numbers);

10-11. British & US Versions of 105 Sherman (500 British, US production unknown, 2005-2006);

12. Strictly Limited "Patton" Sherman (1250 or 1500, 2007).

Andy also made 9 (4 wood, 5 Polystone) different Tigers, 6 (2 wood, 4 polystone) Panthers, 4 (2 wood, 2 Polystone) Stug IV's and 4 (1 wood, 3 polystone) Stug III's to date. Andy just loves to produce the popular ones, doesn't he!

I know this has been flogged to death ,but 1500 is a big number
for a ltd edition .
The panzer Meyer at 1250 is still readily available from a number
of sources.
I own it ,and have know regrets about buying it ,but my feeling is if something is ltd it needs to be limited.
Otherwise as a marketing tool it looses its punch,and also
a bit of 'collectability as it where'.

I know this has been flogged to death ,but 1500 is a big number
for a ltd edition .
The panzer Meyer at 1250 is still readily available from a number
of sources.
I own it ,and have know regrets about buying it ,but my feeling is if something is ltd it needs to be limited.
Otherwise as a marketing tool it looses its punch,and also
a bit of 'collectability as it where'.

I agree.

Pierre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back