What's your favourite figure? (3 Viewers)

cantinetozzo

First Sergeant
Sorry if this thread is a duplicate(i didn't find any similar)...but i'm interested in knowing your preferences , and by the way preferences are always evolving..so let me know what are your favourite figures and why..btw mine is and always was (since it popped out of the box) Field Marshal Montgomery (and second in my preferences is Fl.Sgt. Williams of FOB)..i think that if unfortunately it should fall on his nose he could lose much of his appeal to me..indeed when i bought it i was astonished with the similarity with the real Monty..great figure!!!

If we're looking at individual figures, rather than sets, mine has got to be the fed up tank crew from the BBA 15SL set. Love the expression on this guy's face. Kind of sums up what the rest of the crew must be thinking for getting dressed down by an anonymous 3 star general for making their Sherman look messy with sandbags :rolleyes:

DSCF0017.jpg

Simon

Eh eh very nice figure Wraith..if i recall the scene is taken from a real photograph , Patton didn't like the sandbags on the tanks..not a good situation for those tankmen!

i'm interested in knowing your preferences , and by the way preferences are always evolving..so let me know what are your favourite figures and why..

You are right, preferences are always evolving. This morning my favorite figure is MK001, Mounted Knight w/Pennant. This figure represents an early Crusader, probably the 1st Crusade, perhaps the 2nd. He is wearing plate/leaf mail not chain mail. He is perhaps a lesser knight since his horse is not covered with any protective material. His overall apparrel seems to have been greatly influenced by Norman knights and his shield and pennant colors are very early Templar.

Mike

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 474
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 484
My current favorite figure is the Bishop of tours. honorable mention to the mounted indian from the American Revolution with all the captured war booty.

Very good figures!too many times i was "tempted" (this is the right word) to add the Crusader range to my collection..nice particular of MK001 is the shabraque with those triangles..they adds a touch of coulors in a already colurful figure..and for the "Bishop of Tours"..what can i say..in the next few months i hope to add this figure to my collection indipendently from the other ranges..it's ,i think , a work of art..

Yes unfortunately i think she is....mine's Sophia Loren (when she was younger..:))!

Good question. I have several favorites. But, if I had to pick one..... it would be the Mexican Lancer on a horse holding his banner. I just think it looks so cool that I bought several of them and lined them up in a diorama, along with some drummers and marching guys behind. Too cool....

Its got to be your avatar Cantinetozzo! :D

I so wish that figure was available to buy...

Eh eh...nice eh?It is my rarest figure for sure..then i choose it for my avatar,the people start to stop me in the street sayin' "You are the Dragoon Carrying arms with both hands guy , aren't you..?":)eh eh ..i'm joking!

For Me - There can only be one:

NAPOLEON !

Attachments

• NAP.jpg
    NAP.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 261
No this is the K&C DEALER SPECIAL figure - sent to dealers at the beginning of the NAPOLEONIC Release several years ago. A Dealer had to order so much of the "new" Napoleonic figures to get them.

It is a RARE figure and one of K&C best in my opinion.

Del Prado did do a figure like him - but, these dealer figures are a little different and have the K&C stamp on the bottom.

Vive L'Empreur!

Have either of your seen the miniseries 'Napoleon' with I think Christian Clavier? Gerard Depardieu and John Malkovich?

I think it is quite good and we need a more up to date big epic of Waterloo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back