What's your favourite figure? (1 Viewer)

. Kind of sums up what the rest of the crew must be thinking for getting dressed down by an anonymous 3 star general for making their Sherman look messy with sandbags :rolleyes:

DSCF0017.jpg

Simon

Perhaps he is contemplating the pros & cons of fighting for a special interests dominated capitalistic system which keeps extending copyright every 20 or so years which will affect his appearance in history books to come as his fate is intertwined with that of Patton & his descendants who will demand handsome royalties to profit from matters which never concerned them.

Perhaps he is contemplating the pros & cons of fighting for a special interests dominated capitalistic system which keeps extending copyright every 20 or so years which will affect his appearance in history books to come as his fate is intertwined with that of Patton & his descendants who will demand handsome royalties to profit from matters which never concerned them.

Could be.

Or maybe wondering what's for dinner tonight. :D

LAH033 Joachim Peiper, my favorite SS personality.

LAH033.jpg

Also, I like this SS soldier from WS112, his face is great.

WS112.jpg

LAH033 Joachim Peiper, my favorite SS personality.

LAH033.jpg

Also, I like this SS soldier from WS112, his face is great.

WS112.jpg

Speaking of Waffen SS, the new Waffen SS Tankers (specifically WS155, WS159 and WS160) came out really nice. They didn't look like much in the photos in what was the poorest received dispatch of the year so far, but in person, the detail on these figures is amazing. The black of their jackets is especially sharp and contrasts nicely with the camouflaged pants. (Bien hecho Andres.)

A new Peiper in battle fatigues would be a good addition to the WSS or better, BOB ranges.
Mitch

I have many favourites across many different eras however one that I've always admired is FOB 007. This British Tommy with no helmet, hunched over, trodding along with a butt in his mouth captures the moment brilliantly. It depicts a tired, defeated character who longs for better days. :cool:

My wives'!!!!!

Sorry could not resist!!

Wow, what a hard question. I'll have to think about it. The problem is most of my stuff is stored away for an unforeseen battlefield!!

A new Peiper in battle fatigues would be a good addition to the WSS or better, BOB ranges.
Mitch

I agree, I bought the CS Peiper figure for my BOB dio, but would love a KC version.

Rommel desert Horch is my favorite
AK collector
Rommel because he insisted that
there will be no SS in Africa
Africa campain was a clean war
When they prononce the word Rommel
nobody said anything and nobody laught
I know because my uncle fought the Africa campain
He always said that
Respected by his soldiers and his ennemies
My uncle used to say , thank God he ran out of fuel and tanks
because we would still be there
So there's my reason for it
By the way i have his taxi

Starting this thread i listed some of my favourite figures but i think it's a list continuously evolving so i'll list a few more i received lately ..two in particular are:
CRW030 and WS114..the first is the beautiful Drmmer boy from Tony's Crimean range , and in his face we can see the fresh look of a boy going in a game far bigger than himself...on the contrary the SS face is very menacing..we can see him taking the situation in his hands on the frontline in France or in Russia..not a guy i'd like to meet ..

Attachments

• CRW030.jpg
    CRW030.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 177
  • WS114 (Medium).jpg
    WS114 (Medium).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 177
My wives'!!!!!
Sorry could not resist!!

Wow, what a hard question. I'll have to think about it. The problem is most of my stuff is stored away for an unforeseen battlefield!!

You mean you have several wives, I thought that was only allowed in Utah.

Sorry I also could not resist ;)

I'm sorry. I do not get your guys humor! Oh wait........ I got to go. One of my wives is wanting me to do something.
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's allowed in Alabama as long as your wives are also your cousins.

For me it is one of these three. I like them all and it is hard for me to pick a favorite among them. If pressed, it would probably be the first.

NA117.jpg

NA116.jpg

NA118.jpg

Sorry if this thread is a duplicate(i didn't find any similar)...but i'm interested in knowing your preferences , and by the way preferences are always evolving..so let me know what are your favourite figures and why..btw mine is and always was (since it popped out of the box) Field Marshal Montgomery (and second in my preferences is Fl.Sgt. Williams of FOB)..i think that if unfortunately it should fall on his nose he could lose much of his appeal to me..indeed when i bought it i was astonished with the similarity with the real Monty..great figure!!!

That's a great question, Cantineozzo! Give me a little bit to think on this, and I will return w/ some photos of my favorites. Thank you for not limiting us to one of two choices...that would be WAY too hard! I agree, the Field Marshal Montgomery figure is an absolute classic!

Joe

For me it is one of these three. I like them all and it is hard for me to pick a favorite among them. If pressed, it would probably be the first.

NA117.jpg

NA116.jpg

NA118.jpg

:eek: I'd re-paint the swords.. they look stoopid with all that red sauce on 'em! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back