While we're on the subject--which movies are you proud to say you've never seen? (1 Viewer)

Zulu was the first war film i ever saw and is one of my alltime faves.I remember my dad took me to see it on a big screen in Leicester Square.I never forget the Zulu singing and 'Men of Harlech'.Don't make em like that anymore:rolleyes:.

Like 'I am Legend' too.

Rob

Rob

Not the bloody Zulu again-prepare for incoming:D

Reb

But.....but......but.....Lancer.......Smith killed his dog- he actually killed his dog! and in all American films the dog always survives ;)
Yes, that was indeed a problem for me.:( I liked it too but it is not a film I feel much need to watch again. I chose movies to entertain and as schmultzy as it sounds, I really prefer a happy ending, especially for the animals.:eek: There are more than sufficient unhappy ones in the real world.

But.....but......but.....Lancer.......Smith killed his dog- he actually killed his dog! and in all American films the dog always survives ;)

Reb

I'm sorry guys if I opened a can of wigglers. How about the High School Musicals instead? Anyone brave enough besides me seen them at top volume? Not embarrassed to say I saw them, just that I know the songs:eek:
Mike

Last edited:
Im sorry guys if I opened a can of wigglers. How about the High Scool Musicals instead? Anyone brave enough besides me seen them at top volume? Not embarassed to say I saw them, just that I know the songs:eek:
Mike

What time is it? :D

I have never seen:

All of Titanic, and from what I saw I never want to finish the film!
Born on the Fourth of July
Platoon
Alien
Predator
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Vick

I'm sorry guys if I opened a can of wigglers. How about the High School Musicals instead? Anyone brave enough besides me seen them at top volume? Not embarrassed to say I saw them, just that I know the songs:eek:
Mike

Mike,

No more embarrassing then me knowing the words to ABBA!!

Vick

Hey, Hey, Gotta love ABBA...And they never spoke any English except in the songs, Super Trooper!

So Mike, which HSM do you like most :p!!! Glad to say I was able to scratch Black Hawk Down off the list when I finished it today...

Vick

I have never seen:

All of Titanic, and from what I saw I never want to finish the film!
Born on the Fourth of July
Platoon
Alien
Predator
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Vick
Well Alien and Platoon are two great clasics that I do enjoy revisting from time to time. Predator was not too bad for the genre.

I agree, Alien and Predator are both pretty good sci-fi flicks. The combined sequels (Aliens vs Predator) suffer from Stupid Premise Syndrome, though.

Gotta love Schwarzenegger in Predator: "Get to de choppa!" And, "Somet'ing's spooked Billy"

Well Alien and Platoon are two great clasics that I do enjoy revisting from time to time. Predator was not too bad for the genre.

Bill

I would give Predator a few more marks than "not too bad"-in fact for an 80's action movie it is quite unique in how the script fleshed out that Commando group -Dutch; Mac; Blain; Billy; Poncho and Hawkins-you knew enough about the individuals to actually care about them and for a couple of hours I for one believed they were experienced soldiers "We are a rescue team-not assassins" rather than just a bunch of actors running around a jungle set. That's rare in my book and why I love this movie!

And any film with Little Richard singing Long Tall Sally on the soundtrack gets my vote regardless.:D

Reb

Zulu was the first war film i ever saw and is one of my alltime faves.I remember my dad took me to see it on a big screen in Leicester Square.I never forget the Zulu singing and 'Men of Harlech'.Don't make em like that anymore:rolleyes:.

Like 'I am Legend' too.

Rob

Moving scenes indeed but good examples of how movies can influence our opinions of particular battles and warfare in general.

From what I have read the Zulus were to exhausted to sing or take all their wounded with them after the battle. I guess the famous little hospital building was to small for more casualties because the wounded Zulus left behind were killed by the surviving British soldiers. Not that I blame them considering the Zulus often "washed" their spears in the stomachs of wounded Brit soldiers.

Bill

I would give Predator a few more marks than "not too bad"-in fact for an 80's action movie it is quite unique in how the script fleshed out that Commando group -Dutch; Mac; Blain; Billy; Poncho and Hawkins-you knew enough about the individuals to actually care about them and for a couple of hours I for one believed they were experienced soldiers "We are a rescue team-not assassins" rather than just a bunch of actors running around a jungle set. That's rare in my book and why I love this movie!

And any film with Little Richard singing Long Tall Sally on the soundtrack gets my vote regardless.:D

Reb
I would agree; case of my trying to be polite by understatement.;):D Besides, it deserves some credit for a rare film featuring two future governors.:D I am still amused my recollection of a post film interview with Jesse about his body building on the set with Carl Weathers. It seems that no matter how early he and Carl hit the iron, Arnie was there ahead of them.:eek::cool: I truly wish we didn't have that constitutional prohibition against foreign born presidents.

By the way Brad, Aliens was a superb sequel; pity that those that followed were progressively embarrassing.

Like 'I am Legend' too.

Rob
Speaking of Zulu, now call me insane or hearing impaired, but I could swear that the big battle scene in Gladiator, that the Barbarians whoever they were were using the Zulu chant, I listened a couple of times and I could swear it's the same.

Speaking of Zulu, now call me insane or hearing impaired, but I could swear that the big battle scene in Gladiator, that the Barbarians whoever they were were using the Zulu chant, I listened a couple of times and I could swear it's the same.

Yep, USUTHU!!! Good catch!

I agree, Alien and Predator are both pretty good sci-fi flicks. The combined sequels (Aliens vs Predator) suffer from Stupid Premise Syndrome, though.

Gotta love Schwarzenegger in Predator: "Get to de choppa!" And, "Somet'ing's spooked Billy"

I beg to disagree (what would the world be if we all were alike:p). Any Alien movie, including the sequels, is to me rated between very good and excellent. I especially like the 2 first, if my memory doesn't fail me:D.

Paulo

Hannah Montanna the Movie! It's sad when you know poorly made films will make this much! Nothing like the films from the 50's and 60's, with names like Ford, Wayne, Stewart, Hitchock.

Vick

Hannah Montanna the Movie! It's sad when you know poorly made films will make this much! Nothing like the films from the 50's and 60's, with names like Ford, Wayne, Stewart, Hitchock.

Vick

Sheez, don't get me started. I seem to have 24 hour a day Miley Cyrus music videos being played due to my 8 year old son having a major crush. The annoying thing is, I'm that weak minded, I end up humming the d*mn tunes to work. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back