Why collect artillery?? (1 Viewer)

This is why we collect artillery.....................Great artillery pics.....specially the heavies from WW1..............NO MANUFACTURER ( except for scale link with one offering only ) these days pay attention to such an important part of the Great War......It is a pitty but I guess the quick buck and the easy bottom line that these manufacturers gain by just dishing out light guns and infantry are aspects that silenced these beasts..........

Great pictures of fantastic collection of artillery pieces Luiz, thanks for sharing.

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

B.

A few more artillery dios my kids and I set up these holidays.......they also thank Uncle Obee for the great help in making this possible{sm4}:salute::^&grin::smile2::rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_7959.JPG
    IMG_7959.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7960.JPG
    IMG_7960.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7949.JPG
    IMG_7949.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 116
  • 2182.JPG
    2182.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 119
A few more artillery dios my kids and I set up these holidays{sm4}:salute:::cool:

Attachments

• 2124.JPG
    2124.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 2101.JPG
    2101.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2092.JPG
    2092.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7655.JPG
    IMG_7655.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7651.JPG
    IMG_7651.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 115
A few more artillery dios

Attachments

• IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7573.JPG
    IMG_7573.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7834.JPG
    IMG_7834.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_7831.JPG
    IMG_7831.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 114
A few more artillery dios my kids and I set up these holidays.....................

Attachments

• IMG_7894.JPG
    IMG_7894.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7849.JPG
    IMG_7849.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7782.JPG
    IMG_7782.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7724.JPG
    IMG_7724.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 131
Some interesting news for artillery enthusiasts. A new sculptor has joined the ranks of Mountford Metal Miniatures, and after many long discussions a decision has been made to revive the range of artillery. Note, this will NOT be a re-issue of the previous range but a completely new and improved re-tooled series. Although the range will ultimately cover all periods, the 100th anniversary of World War One was the touchstone that clinched the decision and you can expect a steady release of guns and related vehicles. Each piece will be completely finished and painted and will incorporate many new features such as working elevation, opening breeches and assorted accessories such as shells, cordite bags, fuse setters, ammo boxes etc. The range will be confined to 50 of every piece, and each will come with a numbered certificate of authentication. The first piece will be a British heavy gun, and then there will be a traction engine to tow it. This series promises to be some of the most highly detailed models on the market today. Expect to see the first releases about mid March. Further details will be released when known. Trooper

Some interesting news for artillery enthusiasts. A new sculptor has joined the ranks of Mountford Metal Miniatures, and after many long discussions a decision has been made to revive the range of artillery. Note, this will NOT be a re-issue of the previous range but a completely new and improved re-tooled series. Although the range will ultimately cover all periods, the 100th anniversary of World War One was the touchstone that clinched the decision and you can expect a steady release of guns and related vehicles. Each piece will be completely finished and painted and will incorporate many new features such as working elevation, opening breeches and assorted accessories such as shells, cordite bags, fuse setters, ammo boxes etc. The range will be confined to 50 of every piece, and each will come with a numbered certificate of authentication. The first piece will be a British heavy gun, and then there will be a traction engine to tow it. This series promises to be some of the most highly detailed models on the market today. Expect to see the first releases about mid March. Further details will be released when known. Trooper

I'm in!^&cool^&cool Oh my poor wallet!{sm2}

I'm in!^&cool^&cool Oh my poor wallet!{sm2}

It might help both wallets - and those of us who prefer to paint their own - if such models were to be also made available as unpainted kits - and also not as limited editions.

However, that seems to have been already decided - so best of luck lads - get the cheque books out. jb

Trooper, This is really good News.....Count me in and advise if these sets will be listed at the original Mountford internet site or any other specific site....As to availability in kits for us to assembly ......could you try and find out if they would be sold as kits.....would make some of us very happy and the series would live up to Mountfords fame as prime supplier of quality ordnance.......and we can assemble them as one of a kind sets to suíte our own little wars!!
Cheers
Aertillery_Crazy

All the new releases will eventually appear on Mountford's website ( www.mountfordmodels.com) As to whether they will be released as kits, at present the answer is no. Any change would, I presume, be dependant on demand. Would suggest contacting Mountford direct for further information or to place advance orders. Will passon any new information when received. Trooper

Cheers Trooper! - don't shoot the messenger and all that!

I guess there's a definite order to the information you so kindly passed on.

Firstly, wait for illustrations on their web-site - along with info on painted/unpainted options (possibly, not at first - as you suggest). Then decide whether you want any of them at the prices offered. Then (hopefully), wait until the painted only policy changes with demand - or whether demand outstrips supply.

We shall see - but thanks again for the "heads up". jb

A few more artillery dios

Attachments

• 209.JPG
    209.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 198.JPG
    198.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 189.JPG
    189.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 184.JPG
    184.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 177.JPG
    177.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 136
A few more artillery dios..............

Attachments

• 159.JPG
    159.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 114.JPG
    114.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 135
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 136
A few more artillery dios .....................

Attachments

• 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 143
These are the most recent British Empire and Artillery sets to be added to my collection....
After a long trip between the UK - Brazil - Australia they finally arrived and are now being incorporated to the current standing battalions....Thanks to Obee and his magic.....

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 132
All the new releases will eventually appear on Mountford's website ( www.mountfordmodels.com) As to whether they will be released as kits, at present the answer is no. Any change would, I presume, be dependant on demand. Would suggest contacting Mountford direct for further information or to place advance orders. Will passon any new information when received. Trooper

Hi Trooper,
I have been checking the Mountford models site for the so much waited WW1 Artillery and all I see are little boats........when are they going to come out?{sm2}{sm2}:confused:^&confuse{eek3}Can Dave Tell you?
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Hi Trooper,
I have been checking the Mountford models site for the so much waited WW1 Artillery and all I see are little boats........when are they going to come out?{sm2}{sm2}:confused:^&confuse{eek3}Can Dave Tell you?
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

Do the little boats have big guns ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back