Winter Tiger 300 (2 Viewers)

would be as easy to remark the existing one. This looks the same AFV just renumbered
Mitch

All Very Nice...But where is the Winter King Tiger??? and the Winter Panther?:wink2:

Not sure about a Konigstiger but, I would not put money on a white panther not being released quite soon
Mitch

All Very Nice...But where is the Winter King Tiger??? and the Winter Panther?:wink2:

I'm really a big fan of what Figarti are doing with the under 200 buck Tanks but I think the Tiger is getting played out and its time to move on to something new. I understand every Manufacture wants to get their monies worth out of a Tank and its now the norm to see a Winter and non Winter version but really how many is too many? I guess the customers will decide.
I must say I'm not a fan of super low numbered additions of anything being released, it does nothing for the average collector and is the speculators delight. regards Gebhard

I think it may have been better to have released this Tiger as a standard version than a command AFV if they intended to maximise usage from the mould. What puts me off is the fact that there were very few command tigers knocking about and here we have lots. That is the problem when we focus on single Commanders like Wittmann. Not sure I agree either with the 40 run usually collectors miss out as the speculators grab 20 and then say its really very rare and try to get as much out of people as they can who missed them.

I think in terms of the Tiger I they now have covered Wittmann twice and done early to late variants so, its done (even for a Tiger lover like myself)

Plenty more AFV's that can and probably should be done
Mitch

I wonder why Figarti insists on getting the numbers wrong. It is not rocket science to identify command tigers and their numbers. One thing is for sure: it is not "200", "300" or "222". "007" is correct. One out of four in the US school system is an "F" I believe.

IF this had been a regular Tiger I would have purchased it. I would gladly sell my more toy like Tigers for Zug of these very realistic Tigers that would look good together in a single unit.

This is my opinion, of course. Please don't flame me...

I agree but, we are not really in a hobby where historical accuracy takes precedent. Its secondary to other objectives which are as diametrically opposed to accuracy and detail as you can get. Most in the hobby just don't know or, don't care (not sure which) whether four of the Tigers are incorrect and that is what the manufactures want. It is clear that the manufacturers don't know or care (again, don't know which) if the stuff is right either.

I really think Figarti have just put any numbers on the Tigers after the Wittmann Tiger (the only and original reason for doing the Tiger) and just hope its the same old collectors with no knowledge of anything that will buy them. It is after all a Tiger?? Mind, when collectors buy, completely made up items, Tigers so inaccurate it would be as good to call them a Panzer III, Sgt and corporal stripes upside down etc, etc and people still buy them what incentive is their for manufacturers to listen to the small group who know their stuff and produce accurate historical items?

Either way I agree an F is about what I would give them for this run of Tigers
Mitch

I wonder why Figarti insists on getting the numbers wrong. It is not rocket science to identify command tigers and their numbers. One thing is for sure: it is not "200", "300" or "222". "007" is correct. One out of four in the US school system is an "F" I believe.

I agree but, we are not really in a hobby where historical accuracy takes precedent. Its secondary to other objectives which are as diametrically opposed to accuracy and detail as you can get. Most in the hobby just don't know or, don't care (not sure which) whether four of the Tigers are incorrect and that is what the manufactures want. It is clear that the manufacturers don't know or care (again, don't know which) if the stuff is right either.

I really think Figarti have just put any numbers on the Tigers after the Wittmann Tiger (the only and original reason for doing the Tiger) and just hope its the same old collectors with no knowledge of anything that will buy them. It is after all a Tiger?? Mind, when collectors buy, completely made up items, Tigers so inaccurate it would be as good to call them a Panzer III, Sgt and corporal stripes upside down etc, etc and people still buy them what incentive is their for manufacturers to listen to the small group who know their stuff and produce accurate historical items?

Mitch

Mitch,
You bring up good points about accuracy in the Hobby, I guess its up to the individual as to what is acceptable to them. I know month after month and year after year I see guys shelling out big bucks with no questions ask. I think the saying is ignorance is bliss but I don't think that always applies. It's all about just how much time you invest and just how deep you get into the topic on hand. Some guys are ok with the mistakes as you know or just don't know any better which is it ?? Who knows ? I gave up caring.
I think some guys get two different Hobbies confused, the Hobby of Military Modeling and the buying of factory made figures and Armor. Is it wrong to demand more from manufactures? nope and who knows if enough guys complain maybe things will change but I doubt it like you say what incentive is there for manufacturers to listen..

Mitch

Well Mitch you're in the minority here mate, I think almost everyone that has purchased one of the new Figarti Tigers has had nothing but very good comments on the tank, I do agree need to do a little more homework on the turret numbers, that aside my Figarti Tiger gets a "A-" minus being the turret issue, other then that I look forward to seeing what Figarti has coming out next, if they can maintain the pricing as with the Tigers, Figarti will pick up alot of business...Sammy

Completely Agree, Sammy.....Figarti has hit a major home run with these Tiger Tanks....The detail is excellent and the price is VERY FAIR.....A- or A++++ ...either way... WELL DONE FIGARTI....Now let's see a King Tiger released,

I agree a great release i have 2 of them but you think after all the hard work that goes into making them getting a number right shouldn't be to hard just to make it correct.

Figarti can't getting it to wrong if all were worried about is the wrong number :rolleyes2: to me getting the right colour and great detail tracks is more important :wink2:

Just remember: The Emperor is not as forgiving as this crowd apparently is.

I only have one the newer Tigers the number 222 and have really no complaints, in fact it really is beautiful and I love it. I don't think you can find a better looking one and at $189 bucks its a sweet deal. I knew going into it that it had a few issues, and I was ok with that but I respect the guys who aren't. I'm more of a Uniforms and Equipment stickler and just wanted a Beautiful Tiger to display with my FL figures and it works perfect for me. I didn't put the antennas on and you know what not once has the misses or anyone else who has seen it noticed the number not fitting :wink2: regards Gebhard

Mitch,
You bring up good points about accuracy in the Hobby, I guess its up to the individual as to what is acceptable to them. I know month after month and year after year I see guys shelling out big bucks with no questions ask. I think the saying is ignorance is bliss but I don't think that always applies. It's all about just how much time you invest and just how deep you get into the topic on hand. Some guys are ok with the mistakes as you know or just don't know any better which is it ?? Who knows ? I gave up caring.
I think some guys get two different Hobbies confused, the Hobby of Military Modeling and the buying of factory made figures and Armor. Is it wrong to demand more from manufactures? nope and who knows if enough guys complain maybe things will change but I doubt it like you say what incentive is there for manufacturers to listen..

You bring up some good points.

As does Mitch.

Like you said, month after month, year after year customers/collectors continue to shell out their hard earned dough for toy soldiers and vehicles. Not sure if they are ignorant to the minor details as you say, or as Mitch says if the manufacturers don't care as I can't speak for individual collectors or manufacturers, nor would I ever want to as it is not my place to do so.

My guess is the AVERAGE collector does not have an encyclopedia full of information in regards to what they are buying; again, does the AVERAGE collector who buys Tiger tanks know what the turret numbers mean or what the markings on the front and rear of the hull signify or whether one version is the command version?

My guess is no, they do not.

For those of you who do, it must be frustrating when these sorts of things are wrong as it puts you off from buying a particular item; but again, looking at the volume of items being sold, the AVERAGE collector does not seem to mind or else these pieces would be piling up on the manufacturers or dealers shelves.

If there was massive backlash to wrong turret numbers, wrong shades of green, incorrect yellow stripes on cavalrymens pants, logs on the wrong side of tiger tanks, the wrong rifle being used by 24th foot figures, wrong sword handles on Cuirassiers or any other issues and collectors revolted by refusing to buy items and they did pile up on shelves, I am sure things would change.

The fact that they do not and that they fly out the door shows again, for emphasis, the AVERAGE collector could care less, probably more so because they don't possess the in depth knowledge to have it be a roadblock to buying.

And you are dead on about getting two hobbies confused, toy soldier collecting vs military modeling.

Good Lord are you ever right about that one.

If you want a nice representation of a German Tiger tank for 200.00, toy soldier collecting is your thing; if you want a dead on, their mother couldn't tell them apart Tiger tank with all the correct markings, colors, road wheels, logs, etc, etc, then buy a kit and build it and paint it yourself, or pay a fortune to have a master modeler build it and paint it for you.

In the end, each of you as collectors has to determine what is important to you, what do you look for in your hobby and go from there............................

Figarti can't getting it to wrong if all were worried about is the wrong number :rolleyes2: to me getting the right colour and great detail tracks is more important :wink2:

Completely Agree with uksubs...There are definitely some parameters that cannot be violated even for the "average collector".....Get the color wrong, or camoflage wrong, or create fictious models with poor detail and ugly cheap tracks or poorly painted uniforms, oversized hands and weapons etc. etc. etc. and the models and figures WILL DEFINITELY SIT on dealer shelves.....These Figarti Tigers have excellent details (photo-etch parts), paint, weathering,also they accurate in scale 1:30th.......They are very close to high level 1:35 Military Models (very un-toy-like).....COST $189....Please Gentlemen...These models are quite simply VERY GOOD.....BRAVO FIGARTI....Are they perfect??, Are the numbers wrong??....Well maybe so....but these models are much more RIGHT then WRONG....The only WWII AFV's I have seen in this hobby that are better then these recent Figarti Tigers is First Legion and we all know that at $300+ most of us cannot or will not buy.......All I can say about these Figarti Tigers is {bravo}} Rick,keep up the good work: WELL DONE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back