Zach's Collection (2 Viewers)

In my opinion, the Seven Years War are some of the best figures I've ever seen. I don't think any Russian manufacturer could improve on the quality. This is some of First Legion's best work.

Although "need" is a relative word and he's not a flag bearer, you need General Joachim von Zieten. That is one of my favorite pieces and all thanks to Gebhard for suggesting I get this.

Although "need" is a relative word and he's not a flag bearer, you need General Joachim von Zieten. That is one of my favorite pieces and all thanks to Gebhard for suggesting I get this.

**** you! hahaha :)

ORDER RECEIVED
Thank you for your order.
*** PLEASE RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ***

My only gripe - and very nit picky, as I love them....I wish FL would use different heads on the standard bearers. These look like the Prussian twins carrying the flags

And the box that just arrived today contained the continuation of my First Legion standard bearers collection. I am still on the hunt for some of the retired figures, but these new(er) releases are wonderful. In my opinion, the two prussians are some of the best flag bearers out there!

Prussian 7th Line Infantry
Prussian%207th%20Line%20Infantry%20Standard%20Bearers%20-%20First%20Legion%20SYW002%20SYW003-XL.jpg

and Prussian 3rd Curassier Regiment
Prussian%203rd%20Curassier%20Standard%20Bearer%20-%20First%20Legion%20-%20SYW024-XL.jpg

These two are great as well - I love the flags and expressions!

These are the British 24th Foot
British%2024th%20Foot%20Standard%20Bearers%20-%20First%20Legion-ZUL027%20ZUL028%20img2-L.jpg

IMG_0418-M.jpg

IMG_0420-M.jpg

This next one is the 2nd Wisconsin Sgt. I don't think he is of the quality of the newer Prussians and 24th Foot, but I still love him! The worst First Legion is still an amazing figure! ;)

2nd%20Wisconsin%20Sgt%20Standard%20Bearer%20-%20FirstLegion%20ACW100-L.jpg

Beautiful flags all the way round Zach!
Ray

My only gripe - and very nit picky, as I love them....I wish FL would use different heads on the standard bearers. These look like the Prussian twins carrying the flags

They are different heads. One has his mouth open a bit and the other doesn't, both are unique sculpts. But when you stick the same hat on someone and have the same hair style and both have moustaches when working on an area about 3mm big, they can tend to look the same! :) Glad to hear that you like them though.

Also, I can't remember where, but I read that you were looking for one or both of the Gordon Highlander Nap standard bearers. We have made the decision that we will produce both standards, drummer, and Bagpiper again as these four figures are sold out. So we will make more of them probably later this summer.

In my opinion, the Seven Years War are some of the best figures I've ever seen. I don't think any Russian manufacturer could improve on the quality. This is some of First Legion's best work.

Thanks Brad, that's very lofty praise indeed. I may almost be blushing a bit! :smile2: I do agree though, as a whole the SYW range is really a stunning range end to end and the new Russians this month should continue to carry it forward. We're glad the range is gathering a dedicated following because we have lots more figures we'd like to make for it!

These I've had for quite some time, but I don't think I ever posted pictures of them. The first picture is The Continental Militia Standard Bearer (AWI001). This is a stunning figure! I love the whole range, but this is certainly one of the standout pieces. The second photo is from the American Civil War series. They are the 2nd Wisconsin Volunteers Sgt. Standard Bearer and Union Dismounted Cavalry Standard Bearer. The Wisconsin Flag is out of this world both in artistry and weight, but First legion is smart enough to make sure he is balanced to stay upright while holding it! {sm4}

Continental%20Militia%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion%20AWI001-L.jpg

2nd%20Wisconsin%20Volunteers%20and%20Union%20Cavalry%20Standard%20Bearers%20-%20First%20Legion-L.jpg

With this FL flag kick I am on, I'm trying to decide if Signifiers and Vexillifer figures are "flag bearers"! I am leaning to yes! Why limit the collection when there are so MANY TO BUY! {eek3}

To me, the signifier, no, but the Vexillifer, yes. Don't forget the Macedonian Phalanx Standard Bearer.

Also, I can't remember where, but I read that you were looking for one or both of the Gordon Highlander Nap standard bearers. We have made the decision that we will produce both standards, drummer, and Bagpiper again as these four figures are sold out. So we will make more of them probably later this summer.

Don't let Frank hear you. He will probably go ballistic at the absence of the Prussian Standard Bearer.

If you're going to re-make the Gordon Highlander ones, how about the Russian ones, NAP 217 and/or NAP 218.

These I've had for quite some time, but I don't think I ever posted pictures of them. The first picture is The Continental Militia Standard Bearer (AWI001). This is a stunning figure! I love the whole range, but this is certainly one of the standout pieces. The second photo is from the American Civil War series. They are the 2nd Wisconsin Volunteers Sgt. Standard Bearer and Union Dismounted Cavalry Standard Bearer. The Wisconsin Flag is out of this world both in artistry and weight, but First legion is smart enough to make sure he is balanced to stay upright while holding it! {sm4}

Continental%20Militia%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion%20AWI001-L.jpg

2nd%20Wisconsin%20Volunteers%20and%20Union%20Cavalry%20Standard%20Bearers%20-%20First%20Legion-L.jpg

This Flag business should be pretty spectacular! better start looking for more cabinets!
Ray

After you complete this project, you could turn to musicians, drummers and pipers. Just a thought ^&grin

One of my first FL Napoleonic purchases was a piper, to go along with the clarinetist/oboe player that I purchased from you (although from completley different regiments).

This one's going to take a while! those chaps at FL love their flags! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back