Zach's Collection (2 Viewers)

Iwan,

Both Zach and I purchased ours through an eBay seller named pinograph. In addition to ours, he had two others similar to mine (unsold) and one aiming a musket. As far as I know he did not have any others.

Brad

Iwan,

Both Zach and I purchased ours through an eBay seller named pinograph. In addition to ours, he had two others similar to mine (unsold) and one aiming a musket. As far as I know he did not have any others.

Brad

I remember now they did another one aiming the musket. It didn't quite fit in with the others though. I would like to get the officer. I will have a look on ebay tonight for this sellar.
Thanks for the info

Iwan

Sorry to crash your thread Zach but here are a few pictures of mine hope you dont mind. i think my flag looks a different colour to yours.

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1.jpg

1c.jpg

I never mind a thread crashing to see some great figures!!! Share away gents!

In the realm of Zach buys weird $hit, we have the next item up for your viewing pleasure! This is The Toy Soldier Shoppe by Bob Hornung. I saw this in Chicago and had to have it. It came in the mail just before I left for MFCA so didn't get a chance to really check it out. At some point, I will buy some people to put in it. I am thinking dollhouse might be the best scale, but haven't decided yet. I was shocked that none of the little figures fell off in shipping. Bob is a packing genius!

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%202-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%203-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%201-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%204-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%205-L.jpg

Zach
This is a great purchase! I have Hornung's Olympic Games and Fall of Troy and love 'em both. Hornung really is a master toy maker.
mikenick

In the realm of Zach buys weird $hit, we have the next item up for your viewing pleasure! This is The Toy Soldier Shoppe by Bob Hornung. I saw this in Chicago and had to have it. It came in the mail just before I left for MFCA so didn't get a chance to really check it out. At some point, I will buy some people to put in it. I am thinking dollhouse might be the best scale, but haven't decided yet. I was shocked that none of the little figures fell off in shipping. Bob is a packing genius!

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%202-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%203-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%201-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%204-L.jpg

Toy%20Shoppe%20Hornung%205-L.jpg

Zach, I've seen some really impressive stuff in your collection but you've really outdone yourself this time, THAT IS FREAKIN AWSOME!!!
Ray

Zach, I've seen some really impressive stuff in your collection but you've really outdone yourself this time, THAT IS FREAKIN AWSOME!!!
Ray

Very nice I remember seeing it at the Chicago Show and saying this would be great to have. It has found a great home.
Brian

That is one awesome piece, Zach.

Years ago I had the pleasure visiting Bob Hornung at his house. He lives in the greater Cincinnati area, as I do.
It came up through his son, who I got to know through a crowd I hang out with at the Cincinnati bars.
He heard of my hobby, and then told me that his dad is making toy soldiers.
Of course, I got most excited, and a meeting was arranged.
Bob showed me his workshop and explained how it all gets done, from the sculpting to the casting and the painting.
It was a real treat to get such a close-up look.
Then I also got to see a "Toy Soldier Shop", just about what you are showing here.
But it had a special "kick'' to it.
Bob knew a doll maker, a woman in Cincinnati who sculpted doll faces.

So, at that time he had a "Toy Soldier Shop", and the shelves were filled with 1/72 scale figures that he had painted.
There also was the counter, a floor, etc., a complete room.
The "kick" was, that in the room stood a figure of an adult with his face, according to scale, sculpted by the "doll maker" Lady.

Maybe check with Bob, if that still is an option.
How awesome would it be, if you stand in your own Toy Soldier Shop :smile2:

Anyway, a most wonderful piece you've added to your collection.

Konrad

Wow, just when you think you have seen it all, something like this comes on the forum. Just stunning. Great addition to your collection. Chris

Here is my "big" purchase from MFCA. This is Freakshow sculpted by Michael Kontraros (voted in as a Grand master this year) and painted by Kyriakos Simos. It's won a few awards before it got to me:
gold medal fantasy San Savino 2015
Best of Show-fantasy Lyon Show 2016
Gold and Best of Show MFCA 2016

I could not be happier with this purchase.

01__sized_l.jpg

02__sized_l.jpg

03__sized_l.jpg

05__sized_l.jpg

Here is my "big" purchase from MFCA. This is Freakshow sculpted by Michael Kontraros (voted in as a Grand master this year) and painted by Kyriakos Simos. It's won a few awards before it got to me:
gold medal fantasy San Savino 2015
Best of Show-fantasy Lyon Show 2016
Gold and Best of Show MFCA 2016

I could not be happier with this purchase.

Wow !

What a beautiful piece of Art.

Thank you for posting !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back