Zach's Collection (1 Viewer)

OHH Zach! Kinda steppin on my tail with that last aquisition! beautiful work, I have struggled with the idea of collecting the larger scale flats from the start. NIcholas Ball is a fine gentleman and Seceratary of the International/British flat figues collector society. There are many truly great artists that post there work on the site, I am a member as well. Here is another of his work and a link to his gallery:

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=18

That's the one he wanted to hold onto for now!

Here are pictures of my latest commission. It is "The Tartar" from Tartar Miniatures. I commissioned Ernesto Stalhuth (Ernesto Reyes) to paint it for me. (http://erminiatures.blogspot.com/). He was fantastic to work with and highly recommended. He is easy to communicate with, willing to use paypal and was pretty quick in getting the piece finished. All rare qualities in commissioned stuff in my experience. I will absolutely have him do more stuff in the future. This is a fantasy piece, but his realistic stuff is really great too. I just saw this little fat guy and fell in love with him. Many of you who went to MFCA will have seen Ernesto's work in the exhibition area.

The%20Tartar%209-XL.jpg

The%20Tartar%2011-XL.jpg

The%20Tartar%2013-XL.jpg

Here are pictures of my latest commission. It is "The Tartar" from Tartar Miniatures. I commissioned Ernesto Stalhuth (Ernesto Reyes) to paint it for me. (http://erminiatures.blogspot.com/). He was fantastic to work with and highly recommended. He is easy to communicate with, willing to use paypal and was pretty quick in getting the piece finished. All rare qualities in commissioned stuff in my experience. I will absolutely have him do more stuff in the future. This is a fantasy piece, but his realistic stuff is really great too. I just saw this little fat guy and fell in love with him. Many of you who went to MFCA will have seen Ernesto's work in the exhibition area.

The%20Tartar%209-XL.jpg

The%20Tartar%2011-XL.jpg

The%20Tartar%2013-XL.jpg

Thats very cool! is it part of a series?
Ray

As far as I know - it's not a series (or at least not yet)

Added two more First Legion Standard Bearers to the collection. The mounted figure is spectacular in my opinion! These are:

Polish 1st Line Infantry Standard Bearer First Legion NAP0352
Saxon Guard du Corps Standard Bearer First Legion NAP0429

Polish%201st%20Line%20Infantry%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-NAP0352-L.jpg

Saxon%20Guard%20du%20Corps%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-NAP0429-L.jpg

Nice Zach, the Saxon Guard du Korps is one of my favorite Napoleonic Uniform/ Unit, just beautiful and there are some great paintings showing there charge at Borodino

A few more...

Templar Knight with Standard First Legion CRU087
King Henry II's Standard Bearer in Lusignan Heraldry First Legion CRU068
French King's Mounted Standard Bearer First Legion REN032

Templar%20Knight%20with%20Standard-First%20Legion-CRU087-L.jpg

King%20Henry%20II%27s%20Standard%20Bearer%20in%20Lusignan%20Heraldry-First%20Legion-CRU068-L.jpg

French%20King%27s%20Mounted%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-REN032-L.jpg

Seriously, though, I was not going to get King Henry II's standard bearer, but looking at that shot of yours has put him back on the acquisition list.

Picked up some more flagbearers.
I absolutely love the Crusaders!

French%20Line%20Infantry%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-NAP0040-L.jpg

Knights%20Templar%20Mounted%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-CRU045-L.jpg

Mounted%20Standard%20Bearer%20of%20the%20Kingdom%20of%20Jerusalem-First%20Legion-CRU048-L.jpg

Nice going picking up those figures Zach, long since sold out and I would think not so easy to get hold of.....

** Mental Note: Make more standard bearers **

Matt

Nice going picking up those figures Zach, long since sold out and I would think not so easy to get hold of.....

** Mental Note: Make more standard bearers **

Matt

Just like field of dreams....if you make them, I will buy! {sm4}

Some new purchases...

Britains Collector Club figure
British%2044th%20Regiment%20Light%20Company%20Standing%20Defending-Wm.%20Britains-50063C-L.jpg

King and Country - New World of Dickens figures
Newspaper%20Seller-Mrs.%20Hudson-Eliza%20Doolittle-Town%20Crier%20-%20King%20and%20Country%20WOD%2057-43-42-41-L.jpg

Trophy of Wales - Kids
Trophy%20Kids%20%28boy%20with%20dog%20and%20girl%20reading%29-Trophy-C73-L.jpg

Vertunni - Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots, and Napoleon
Vertunni%20Elizabeth%20I%20-%20Mary%20Queen%20of%20Scots%20-%20Napoleon-L.jpg

Some additions to my First Legion flag bearer collection.

French 2nd Carabiniers Standard Bearer Charging First Legion NAP0073
French%202nd%20Carabiniers%20Standard%20Bearer%20Charging-First%20Legion-NAP0073-L.jpg

German Landsknecht Holy Roman Empire Standard Bearer First Legion REN017
German%20Landsknecht%20Holy%20Roman%20Empire%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-REN017-L.jpg

And my latest Jenkins WOR the roses figures. I have been a Richard III / Henry VII fan for ever and love that these figures are finally being produced, focusing on the battle that put the Tudors into power
Yorkist%20Knight-War%20of%20the%20Roses-Battle%20of%20Bosworth%20Field%201485-John%20Jenkins%20Designs-YORK-20-L.jpg

I just grabbed these three figures from Aeroart. They are spectacular in my opinion. I can't decide which I like best!

Crusades Papal Guard w/Sword AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6383.4
Crusades%20Papal%20Guard%20w-Sword%20-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6383.4-L.jpg

Byzantine Standard Bearer AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6373
Byzantine%20Standard%20Bearer%20-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6373-L.jpg

Robert I, Duke of Normandy AeroArt/St.Petersburg Collection 6384
Robert%20I%2C%20Duke%20of%20Normandy%20-AeroArt-St.Petersburg%20Collection-6384-L.jpg

Here is a quick picture of my new Medieval Hall diorama from TM Terrain. Once I get all the figures in, I'll take some more pictures. This piece exceeded my expectations ten fold! It is just stunning! There are more photos in the TM Terrain thread.

Winchester%20Hall%2024-L.jpg

Here is a quick picture of my new Medieval Hall diorama from TM Terrain. Once I get all the figures in, I'll take some more pictures. This piece exceeded my expectations ten fold! It is just stunning! There are more photos in the TM Terrain thread.

Very nice !

Indoor Medieval scenes are wonderful.

Thank you.

Winchester%20Hall%2024-L.jpg

WHAT! no flags!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back