Zach's Collection (1 Viewer)

Here is my "big" purchase from MFCA. This is Freakshow sculpted by Michael Kontraros (voted in as a Grand master this year) and painted by Kyriakos Simos. It's won a few awards before it got to me:
gold medal fantasy San Savino 2015
Best of Show-fantasy Lyon Show 2016
Gold and Best of Show MFCA 2016

I could not be happier with this purchase.

I have seen the piece at Lugdunum show ( Lyon ), great piece
M Konraros is Greek
see his other works
http://www.mkontraros.com/

Mornin' Zak .... wow ... the breadth of your collection is amazing. Once again you have expanded the envelop with this incredible piece.

HOWEVER ... after looking at the piece I must admit it does fit you ...??? {sm4}.
If I may ask .. which of the figures in the piece do you identify with the most?

For me ... I think I'd be the flying monkey!!!

--- LaRRy

Really is way more art than toy soldier, anyone with an art collection or an appreciation of art would proudly display such a wonderous piece. I like the bend in your collecting habits
Ray

I like to think I'm the big guy in the middle, but likely, I'm the small clown! {sm4}

That's a exceptionally unique piece of art Zach. I like the whimsical presentation and the beautiful brush work. It's incredible what comes from the minds and hands of artists like this. Congratulations!
Joe

My Russian Vityaz Roman Catapult has finally arrived after traveling around Russia for two months - man was that stressful!

This is PB200. Been on the "want" list for a long time and finally in my cabinet!

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-img-L.jpg

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-imgB-L.jpg

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-imgC-L.jpg

Wow, what an amazing dio, I love it !
Very well done to the artists involved with this. :salute::
Steve

Great piece Zach, lots of action, the guy torqueing on the crank really brings it to life for me.
Ray

My Russian Vityaz Roman Catapult has finally arrived after traveling around Russia for two months - man was that stressful!

This is PB200. Been on the "want" list for a long time and finally in my cabinet!

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-img-L.jpg

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-imgB-L.jpg

Roman%20Catapult%20-%20Russian%20Vityaz%20PB200-imgC-L.jpg

These are Engineer Basevich set no.11, Ancient Jews. I had these plastic figures laying around, as I buy all things Israeli toy soldier and I finally shipped them off to Michael DeMarco for some painting. They came out great and exceeded my expectations. I have had Michael paint a number of metal figures for me, but never plastics. through Brad, he told me it wasn't a problem. Wow, was he right - I think they came out great!

Ancient%20Jews-Engineer%20Basevich%20-Set%20no.%2011%20img1-L.jpg

Ancient%20Jews-Engineer%20Basevich%20-Set%20no.%2011%20img2-L.jpg

These are the Aztec Warriors made by Arsenyev for The St. Petersburg Collection. They certainly add a little color and personality to the shelf!
They are AZ1, AZ2 and AZ3

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ1%20%20Aeroart_-M.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ1%20%20Aeroart%20img2-M.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ2%20%20Aeroart%20img1-M.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ2%20%20Aeroart%20img2-M.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ3%20%20Aeroart%20img1-M.jpg

Aztec%20Warrior%20%20AZ3%20%20Aeroart%20img2-M.jpg

I've been waiting for this figure for a long time and finally Thor granted my wish (as well as Henry II's!)
This is Aeroart's Eleanor of Acquitaine. Figure # 6380

Eleanor%20of%20Aquitaine-AeroArt-6380%20img1-L.jpg

Eleanor%20of%20Aquitaine-AeroArt-6380%20img2-L.jpg

Eleanor%20of%20Aquitaine-AeroArt-6380%20img3-L.jpg

I had been eyeing these camels for a long time and when i saw it in person at MFCA I knew I had to actually pull the trigger and buy one! Along with a little peer pressure from Thor...I did! {sm4}

This is Officer Roman Camel Corps AeroArt #3326

Officer%20Roman%20Camel%20Corps-AeroArt-3326%20img1-L.jpg

Officer%20Roman%20Camel%20Corps-AeroArt-3326%20img2-L.jpg

Officer%20Roman%20Camel%20Corps-AeroArt-3326%20img3-L.jpg

This one was a total random purchase. I never even knew it existed. Wandering around MFCA, I checked ebay and there it was and I loved it. I have nothing similar in my collection and by now, you all know, if it's different, it's for me!!!!

This is Free Indian Legion w/ Flag AeroArt #341

Free%20Indian%20Legion%20w-%20Flag-AeroArt-341%20img1-L.jpg

This is another that I hadn't seen for quite some time and always loved. I stumbled upon him at MFCA as well. I couldn't quite nail the photo of this one, but eh umbrella is quite a piece of work!

Sultan%20Saladin%27s%20Bodyguard%20w-%20Umbrella-St.%20Petersburg%20Studios%20-%20St.%20Petersburg%20Collection-3713%20img1-L.jpg

Sultan%20Saladin%27s%20Bodyguard%20w-%20Umbrella-St.%20Petersburg%20Studios%20-%20St.%20Petersburg%20Collection-3713%20img2-L.jpg

This next set, I purchased from the Honorable Tom Dubel. I'm a sucker for golfers! I know our precious Julie is too, so I made sure she didn't want them first! {sm4}

These are from Bob Hornung Art. I love his glossy style - very polarizing figures, I find people either love them or hate them.

The%20Golfers-Bob%20Hornung%20Art-L.jpg

As most of you know, I love walking around the exhibit part at MFCA and finding new artists to fall in love with. This years winner was Nicholas Ball from England. He specializes in flats. He is one of those guys who does this for fun and had absolutely no interest in selling anything. I was talking to Alan Ball (no relation) and we were discussing these pieces and Nicholas' reluctance to sell. Alan told me he'd talk to him and see what he could do. The next morning, Alan told me to go speak to Nicholas again... Well end of story, here they are! {sm4}

the first is St. George and the Dragon and the second is St. Michael Slaying the Dragon. The colors and detail in these is unreal. They really have to be seen in person. Nicholas won a silver metal for St. Michael. I found this interesting bc he had a piece of Ivan and the Phoenix that i thought was amazing. He wanted to keep that one for himself as he loved it to. Just goes to show that art is subjective as I would have pegged that one as the winner. He's going to try to get another casting of it and make it for me - so you might see it here in the future!

St%20George%20and%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img1-L.jpg

St%20George%20and%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img2-L.jpg

St%20Michael%20Slaying%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting-L.jpg

St%20Michael%20Slaying%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img2-L.jpg

Aside from Tom Dubel, you probably have the most varied collection that I know of. I hope you have it insured.

As most of you know, I love walking around the exhibit part at MFCA and finding new artists to fall in love with. This years winner was Nicholas Ball from England. He specializes in flats. He is one of those guys who does this for fun and had absolutely no interest in selling anything. I was talking to Alan Ball (no relation) and we were discussing these pieces and Nicholas' reluctance to sell. Alan told me he'd talk to him and see what he could do. The next morning, Alan told me to go speak to Nicholas again... Well end of story, here they are! {sm4}

the first is St. George and the Dragon and the second is St. Michael Slaying the Dragon. The colors and detail in these is unreal. They really have to be seen in person. Nicholas won a silver metal for St. Michael. I found this interesting bc he had a piece of Ivan and the Phoenix that i thought was amazing. He wanted to keep that one for himself as he loved it to. Just goes to show that art is subjective as I would have pegged that one as the winner. He's going to try to get another casting of it and make it for me - so you might see it here in the future!

St%20George%20and%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img1-L.jpg

St%20George%20and%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img2-L.jpg

St%20Michael%20Slaying%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting-L.jpg

St%20Michael%20Slaying%20the%20Dragon%20-%20Nicholas%20Ball%20Painting%20img2-L.jpg

OHH Zach! Kinda steppin on my tail with that last aquisition! beautiful work, I have struggled with the idea of collecting the larger scale flats from the start. NIcholas Ball is a fine gentleman and Seceratary of the International/British flat figues collector society. There are many truly great artists that post there work on the site, I am a member as well. Here is another of his work and a link to his gallery:

http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=18

love the "toy" toy soldier shop...
the detail is so nice...

The Freakshow is unreal...
such a bizarre piece...
really unique...
what an imagination the sculptor has...
I can see why it won so many awards...

the Roman catapult is my favorite...
the ground work...
the action poses.
especially the guy on the lever...

I'm amazed that got here from Russia with no damage...

nice additions Zach...

I've been waiting for this figure for a long time and finally Thor granted my wish (as well as Henry II's!)
This is Aeroart's Eleanor of Acquitaine. Figure # 6380

Great acquisition !

Wonderful figure of a great Lady.

Thank You for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back