Zach's Collection (4 Viewers)

As long as I had the camera out tonight, I decided to try to take some better pictures of Dumbo, The Carthaginian War Elephant!!!!
This elephant came to me in a small glass cube, so it's not easy to get great pictures through the glass ( and I didn't want to take it out). Anyway, here ya go! The textures on the howdah and the painting on the "blanket" is unreal. I am very pleased with this purchase. I have a few AeroArt elephants and this is probably my second favorite.

Carthaginian%20War%20Elephant%2C%20Three%20Warriors%20in%20Howdah%20plus%20Handler-Arsenyev-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB50%20img3-L.jpg

Carthaginian%20War%20Elephant%2C%20Three%20Warriors%20in%20Howdah%20plus%20Handler-Arsenyev-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB50%20img2-L.jpg

Carthaginian%20War%20Elephant%2C%20Three%20Warriors%20in%20Howdah%20plus%20Handler-Arsenyev-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB50%20img4-L.jpg

Carthaginian%20War%20Elephant%2C%20Three%20Warriors%20in%20Howdah%20plus%20Handler-Arsenyev-St.Petersburg%20Collection-PB50%20img5-L.jpg

The Gryfon and Medusa are really over the top!
Ray

Still adding to the Flag Bearer collection!
This is First Legion's German Landsknecht Standard Bearer REN004

German%20Landsknecht%20Standard%20Bearer-First%20Legion-REN004-L.jpg

This is Russian Boy with Religious Gonfalon from First Legion #NAP444
I have added this to my FL flag bearer collection. While technically FL doesn't consider him a "Standard bearer", he's close enough for me! I think this is actually one of the best standard bearers they have produced - the detail, color, etc is simply fantastic! Plus, every good Jewish boy needs a kid holding a Jesus flag! {sm4}

Russian%20Boy%20with%20Religious%20Gonfalon-First%20Legion-NAP444-XL.jpg

I have the entire vignette. I recommend it!

How do you keep the gonfalon from coming down. Mine won't stay in place.

yeah, interesting choice to do it the way they did. I flexed the two "ropes" wide and then gently put them in the holes, so they press against the outside. It is still pretty loose though. I am tempted to glue it on, but then not sure I can ever get it back in the box.

This is my new acquisition from the talented Russians!!!

This is a flat of Napoleon painted by Olga Kropotova. She won the silver medal for master painting in Sevres, France last year for this piece. I include the last picture merely to show the scale (the figure is a K&C figure).

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img1-XL.jpg

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img2-XL.jpg

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img3-XL.jpg

it's a flat bust in a frame. The black is velvet that the bust rests on

i'll take a picture from the side - hard to tell, but it's three dimensional, like a relief

You definitely have some of the most unique items I've seen.

Here is a side view to show the detail. You can see it's not a flat painting (sort of)

IMG_1324.jpg

The side view reveals it to be more impressive than the frontal view. It's simultaneously like a painting but also a sculpture. Must be one of the highlights of your distinct and eclectic collection.

I bought it directly from the painter. She told me that the "figure" is one of a kind and was made for her

I have no background on these, but I just like them, so buy them when I see them...
They are cast iron Amish figures. I have a few more coming in the next few weeks so will update once they arrive. I don't know how old they are, but they definitely aren't new.

Cast%20Iron%20Amish%20Kids%20on%20Bench-L.jpg

Cast%20Iron%20Amish%20Kids%20in%20Wagon-L.jpg

Cast%20Iron%20Amish%20salt%20and%20pepper-L.jpg

Thomas Gunn: Woman with Cigarette and Umbrella. She comes with some Nazi scum bag, but who needs him????

Woman%20with%20Cigarette%20and%20Umbrella%20-%20Thomas%20Gunn-L.jpg

World of Dickens 044 - Jack the Ripper
(he might like the lady above!)
Jack%20The%20Ripper-King%20%26%20Country-WoD044-L.jpg

Adding to my newest passion, this is Beau Geste Standard Bearer from Nabha from the 1903 Delhi Durbar. BG419.
Standardbearer%20from%20Nabha%2C%20Delhi%20Durbar%201903-Beau%20Geste-BG419-XL.jpg

This is my first Hiriart set. I think it's a great set with lots going on.
It is called Tiger Hunt. There is an add-on set which I've order, but won't arrive until some time next year...keep your eyes peeled!

Hunting%20Tigers%20%20-Hiriart-1278-XL.jpg

Adding to my newest passion, this is Beau Geste Standard Bearer from Nabha from the 1903 Delhi Durbar. BG419.
Standardbearer%20from%20Nabha%2C%20Delhi%20Durbar%201903-Beau%20Geste-BG419-XL.jpg

This is my first Hiriart set. I think it's a great set with lots going on.
It is called Tiger Hunt. There is an add-on set which I've order, but won't arrive until some time next year...keep your eyes peeled!

Hunting%20Tigers%20%20-Hiriart-1278-XL.jpg

Zach,

My son has that Tiger Hunt set on his mantle, right above his Hicks Atwell Armored Train. I love the traditional glossy sets. Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back