Zach's Collection (3 Viewers)

This is my new acquisition from the talented Russians!!!

This is a flat of Napoleon painted by Olga Kropotova. She won the silver medal for master painting in Sevres, France last year for this piece. I include the last picture merely to show the scale (the figure is a K&C figure).

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img1-XL.jpg

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img2-XL.jpg

Napoleon%20Flat-Olga%20Kropotova%20img3-XL.jpg

That's a beautiful pick up Zach! I was tracking it as I thought it was a large flat but and I didn't know the backstory, I'd never seen a casting like it, your angle shot answers my question, what a great unique piece.
Ray

New Ready 4 Action figures arrived recently. The first is another grouping of Israelis and the second is soldiers of the Arab Legion...

Four%20IDF%20Soldiers%201948%20-%20Ready%204%20Action-L.jpg

Five%20Arab%20Legion%20Soldiers%20-%20Ready%204%20Action-L.jpg

In 1963, when I was stationed in Turkey with the U.S. Army, I took a Holy Land Tour which included Lebanon and the West Bank which was occupied at that time by Jordan. One night, I went up on the roof of my hotel in Jerusalem where there were Jordanian Arab Legion soldiers stationed (I am not sure why they were stationed there). Anyway, they were armed with U.S. M1 Garand rifles which they allowed me to inspect. I was surprised that the M1s weren't in the best condition and did not seem to be well maintained, but the Arab Legion soldiers were friendly enough. Can you tell if your figures have British Lee-Enfield rifles?

Mike

Most of the bolt action rifles in Zach's pictures are Lee-Enfields. I knwo because I have the same figures displayed next to an original 1907 Lee-Enfield.
Maybe I should post some pics....

IDF Merkava Battle Tank and soldiers.

I've had these for quite a while but was just playing around and decided to take some pictures as long as it was set up...
This diorama base will be the temporary home to the 1948 IDF figures from Ready4Action, but I am waiting for something to put it on first (it's on the floor right now)

Merkava%20Tank%20on%20Dio%201-L.jpg

Merkava%20Tank%20on%20Dio%204-L.jpg

Merkava%20Tank%20on%20Dio%203-L.jpg

Those are cool. What brand and scale are the tank and soldiers? Probably the best trained army in the world.

I actually am not sure - they are plastics that I bought on ebay. The tank is a plastic model that I purchased completed.
I tried to join the IDF a few years ago and missed it by one year. They told me as a foreign national I was too old by one year. If I was a citizen, I was still young enough. (needless to say, my parents were not upset by this ruling!)

scale is 1/32 i believe just based on other figures I have. The tank might be smaller as the commander is a bit smaller then the foot figures

I actually am not sure - they are plastics that I bought on ebay. The tank is a plastic model that I purchased completed.
I tried to join the IDF a few years ago and missed it by one year. They told me as a foreign national I was too old by one year. If I was a citizen, I was still young enough. (needless to say, my parents were not upset by this ruling!)

I didn'tknew they were rule about joining the IDF http://www.idf.org/?language=fr :salute::

got some very interesting pieces in your collect zack! I really like the Merkava. Been hoping someone would do a modern line so I could have a chance to get an Abrams and a T72 etc. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Dave

IDF Verlinden 120mm, I painted some 35 years ago, he could have been you ....:salute::
Israëlien eclairci small size.jpg

It's from Jakob at Toy Soldiers of Scandinavia. I got it from the "sale rack" - very reasonable pricing. I am having him make me a permanent one for my 1948 IDF diorama

Just got this puppy in the mail today!
First legion AWI102: US Continental 3rd Light Dragoons Standard Bearer

US%20Continental%203rd%20Light%20Dragoons%20Standard%20Bearer-FirstLegion-AWI102-L.jpg

The lunacy that is my collection continues!!!!!

This is series two of Fat Joes and also Wild Safari Animal Troopers:

GI%20Animals%202-L.jpg

Fat%20Joes%20Series%20II%20img%201-L.jpg

Fat%20Joes%20Series%20II%20img%202-L.jpg

GI%20Animals%201-L.jpg

Le Parisien from Sineus Studio in Russia
Le%20Parisien%20-%20Sineus-L.jpg

Kettle Drummer from Nabha-DEhli Durbar 1903 from Beau Geste BG418
Kettledrummer%20from%20Nabha%2C%20Delhi%20Durbar%201903-Beau%20Geste-BG418-L.jpg

First Legion Romans
Rome%20174a%20and%20175a%20-%20First%20Legion-L.jpg

German Warrior Standard Bearer ROM027

I need one more retired FL flag bearer to complete the retired part of the collection. I am looking for NAP0012. Who wants to help a guy out? Premium will be paid {sm4}

German%20Warrior%20Standard%20Bearer-ROM027-FirstLegion-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back