Zouaves (2 Viewers)

For some strange bad feeling they look to be the same size as the SOS . I hope not !!

I will have to by far disagree. The SOS were not bad, They are AWSOME! The spartans are big when you take into factor armor, helmets and the fact the they were the most muscular soldiers ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone seen 300?

Hope to see you all at OSTN,
Vick

Maybe they should be as big as SOS,then you could set up a diorama with them.
Mark

As a long-time collector of Conte CW figures, who displays a lot of stuff in groups, I certainly hope they are not as big as SOS.

I measured the Spartans and from the soles of their feet to the top of where their head would be under the helmet they are 60mm. They do have rather large stands and the helmets do appear to make them larger.

Five will get you ten they will be the "new" Conte size and will match the SoS sets which in turn means fellow collectors they will dwarf all of your original Conte and new/old Britain civil war sets.

Terrific looking figures but agree with Mark only to be used with those "fat" Rebs carrying bazooka size Springfields........Pity great pity!

Reb.

My Jenkins figures are large but that's ok because they all are but Conte started out 54mm and thats what they should make.Why do manufacturers play this various size game.If a company wants to make 60mm or 54mm thats their choice and I don't have a problem with that but don't make one series 54mm and the next one 60mm and the next one 54mm.Choose what size your company wants to produce and stick with it.There's nothing more depressing than waiting for a range and spending maybe hundreds of dollars on it and and it doesn't match the pieces you already have.
Mark

I think the big picture is alot better I love sons of the south thats my opinion, can not all have different opinions? Hope to see you all at one of the greatest days besides christmas, sept. 28 OSTN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Vick

I didn't get SOS mainly because I was not in an ACW phase at the time. I am looking forward to the AZW stuff and I hope it fits in with WB and Frontline.
DAmian

I hope they are 54mm like the forthcoming Conte Zulu pieces. However, the new Conte Zouave pictured running with the large flag is a variation on a prior SOS figure # SOS006, which is a great figure, don't get me wrong. I just thought I'd mention that since I noticed it. You can be sure I'll be picking up these Zouaves whenever they become available; they do look great! :D

I think the big picture is alot better I love sons of the south thats my opinion, can not all have different opinions

Vick

Good for you old son- cos that's definitely a first for me hearing of a collector who actually "loves" those fat overblown hybrid scale Rebs that match no other manufacturers product scale in the world of toy soldiers including the original Contes-Good on ya!:D:D:D

I will not be able to get the zouaves' as i am trying catch up on collecting WW2 but i want to see what joe baker does with them!:D

Vick

I know as much as you do I am afraid.
Hopefully they will be the right size. The Spartans were quite big though.
Actually the Spartans are 60mm K&C size. Apart from the armor and a little extra muscle, they are the same size from the base up as the K&C Naps I have. They do have thicker bases but I never worry about that if the figures match up well.

I was looking at the Zouaves range last night.They are very nice and it said that there will be Rebs for them to fight.I don't know what size they are but hopefully they will go back to original size.I don't plan on collecting these as I prefer the later war period but I think Conte has another winner.RC's Zouaves and Zulu lines are much more appealing than K&C's Sand Pebbles new line IMO.
Mark

Where are they ??

They look great and I would like to buy these figures - so where are they ?? :confused:

Attachments

• formation1.jpg
    formation1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 238
Good for you old son- cos that's definitely a first for me hearing of a collector who actually "loves" those fat overblown hybrid scale Rebs that match no other manufacturers product scale in the world of toy soldiers including the original Contes-Good on ya!:D:D:D

Ay, I think I have all of them and I cant find a spot that I like them in. The way my shelves are, wherever I put them just turns into a dark hole. Up close or on a computer screen I certainly like them but looking back, I dont know if I would have bought them. But I have them and thats that; Ill enjoy them no less than my others.

And yes, any news on the Zouves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back