2008 New York Toy Soldier Symposium (1 Viewer)

Well, we'll have the big buffet set up in the dining room on the first floor, so hopefully the people will be split between the buffet and the museum, so we won't have 30+ people in the museum all at once!

LOL :p

I can see the sweat coming down Louis' face now !

Visions of a Japanese GODZILLA Movie coming to mind :eek: :eek:

As large Winter Bundled - Boot Wearing - WARBIRD looking Monsters tromp through his Airfields - slipping, stepping, sitting, crushing, neatly parked WARBIRDS ! :eek:

Ahhhh ..... the Horror - the Horror !!

I spoke to both Hans and Brad today, and got a message from Evil Chuck . . . its less than three weeks to the Symposium and I am getting psyched!

Two weeks to the Symposium . . . time for a big reminder:

FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER AT MY CLUB - JACKET AND TIE REQUIRED!! Consider yourself warned . . .

Louis,

Can't wait, looking at my train tickets now, I am sure both yours and Larry's collections will blow me away, bringing the camera!

Tom

We got more great news . . . I got some e-mails from Tony at K&C, UK today, AND THEY ARE BRINGING GOODY BAGS FULL OF COOL STUFF FOR THE SATURDAY ATTENDEES!

Looks to be in the 40s on Friday and Saturday, with a chance of snow. If it snows, depending on the predictions of amount, that may kill the weekend for me :(

Will have to wait and see.

I wouldn't worry too much about what they are predicting now . . . weathermen don't do very well with tomorrow's weather, much less next week's!

Hi, i live in NYC. What are the addresses for all the locations this show is taking place at in NYC? Are there fees? Seems to be lots of talk, but not much concrete info. about where this event is in NYC. Is it open to general public or an insider thing?

Waterloo,

There is an open invitation to attend all the events, with no fees (myself and the other 3 sponsors foot the bill for everyone) but limited space on some of the events. The Friday evening dinner at my club is full, as is the Saturday night dinner, but there is still availability for the Saturday Luncheon & Tour of the K&C Museum as well as the Sunday Luncheon & Tour of Mark Hoffman's collection, so please feel free to join us.

The address for the Saturday Afternoon event is 450 Bryant Avenue, Roslyn Harbor, NY 11576.

The address for the Sunday afternoon event is 300 West 55th Street, Suite 2S, New York, NY 10019.

If you need any more information, PM me.

John Jenkins arrives tomorrow (Wednesday March 5th)! I will be picking JOhn up from the airport, and then the long weekend of toy soldiering begins!!

Guys

I will be there on the Saturday with the Video camera........films will go online next week!! 2 reasons one...........my Cam is different to Bobs and takes a lot more work to process the films. 2 bob has the better softwear...so my may be a little more crude!!!

so keep an eye on K&C UK TV for the films
Tony

Guys

I will be there on the Saturday with the Video camera........films will go online next week!! 2 reasons one...........my Cam is different to Bobs and takes a lot more work to process the films. 2 bob has the better softwear...so my may be a little more crude!!!

so keep an eye on K&C UK TV for the films
Tony

Cool Tony,will look forward to those next week.

Rob

John Jenkins arrives tomorrow (Wednesday March 5th)! I will be picking JOhn up from the airport, and then the long weekend of toy soldiering begins!!

Louis, could I impose upon you to do me a big favor and thank John Jenkins profusely for my caption contest prize. I received it today and was blown away by his generous gesture. Very, very impressive, thanks and have a great weekend. BTW, make sure someone asks John about a mounted figure of General Braddock for the Monogahela series too (sorry, couldn't resist, I'd ask him in person if I could). :D:D:D

Thanks for your helping me out!

David Gray
aka Mister Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back