2016 Chicago show. (1 Viewer)

I was informed on Monday that this is now 4 months away! Discussions have been started in this office already {eek3}

And just a heads up for anyone planning which days they are attending - the Annual Treefrog/Sierra/Troops of Time Customer Appreciation Dinner will be back to our usual Friday night - plan on Friday September 23rd for that event! More details will follow in a few months time....^&grin

Julie

Hell, I've been counting down each month since I made my res. back in Feb.!!! yea, yea I know "we've heard that before!!":) and deservidly so but as I told the good wife at the end of last year I got one vaca planned for 2016 and that's to be in Chicago in late Sept. I'll miss my friends back East this year but I will not miss my forum mates this time around!! see y'all in about 4 months...Sammy

Would really like to attend this year as I will only get one "me" vacation this year. Would also like to meet some of the members on the forum. Any advice for a first time attendee? Chris

Would really like to attend this year as I will only get one "me" vacation this year. Would also like to meet some of the members on the forum. Any advice for a first time attendee? Chris

As far as military interest day trips

1. Cantigny Park in Wheaton IL. Home of the 1st Division Museum.
2. The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. U-505 display

Brian

Appreciate the info, I use to live in Naperville so kind of familiar with the area, looking for information on the show itself. I may take another trip to the 1st Division museum always worth it. Chris

Chris,
I really hope you can make it, will be nice to meet another forum member in the flesh................

Brian

Agree on "Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago", U-505 is great, and nice set of planes also.

For show, if you are there for room trading, hopefully new people running it will continue to print 'Room Maps' that you can pick up at hotel, then be sure to write who is in each room, on the map, as you visit (helps keep track of which rooms you have seen as they are not always open)...kind of confusing layout...a lot to see.

Great show !

Best advice:

1. Take your time browsing, you never know what you might find.
2. If you see something you gotta have, pull the trigger as it might be gone on the next visit to the vendor.
3. Enjoy meeting fellow collectors and dealers, the people are the highlight of the show.

Tom

Agree on "Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago", U-505 is great, and nice set of planes also.

For show, if you are there for room trading, hopefully new people running it will continue to print 'Room Maps' that you can pick up at hotel, then be sure to write who is in each room, on the map, as you visit (helps keep track of which rooms you have seen as they are not always open)...kind of confusing layout...a lot to see.

Great show !

Sounds great!!!! I'm going to lose myself for 3 glorious days of toy soldiers!!! wander the halls/rooms aimlessly and breathe in all things toy soldiers!! plastics/metals/glossy etc. doesn't matter I've been trying to get to this show for about the last 4 years and for one reason or another it's been a no go but not this year, I look forward to meeting the fellas from the forum in person, it's kind of odd that I have known some guys on this forum for over 11 years and haven't met them in person so along with toy soldiers/friends/good food and drink it will be a vacation I hope I can return to more often, can't wait!!...Sammy

Brian

remember they also have a spitfire and a stuka in tropical camo hanging from the cieling

Best advice:

1. Take your time browsing, you never know what you might find.
2. If you see something you gotta have, pull the trigger as it might be gone on the next visit to the vendor.
3. Enjoy meeting fellow collectors and dealers, the people are the highlight of the show.

Tom

Bit of advise, was going to be in Chicago for a few days and go up on Thursday and have a look round the rooms and then leave hotel in Chicago and go up Saturday morning for another wander round, then the show on Sunday morning and fly back Sunday evening........

how many room sales are there?

There are two floors of vendors on the 4th and 5th floors. There are also a couple on the ground floor: Hobby Bunker, Figarti and AeroArt. I'm guessing that that there are between 75 and 100 vendors selling from their room.

Hmmmm, Just realized we're exactly 3 months away to the day of the show for arrival time, this year is flying by quickly...Sammy

Slowly but surely plans are coming together here {sm4}
Hotel reservations...CHECK! Restaurant booked for Friday night Dinner...CHECK!

OTSN 2016.jpg

Julie

Find yourself a +1 to pay for you - and you are on your own to find that person!
I wish you luck on that endeavor :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back