2016 Chicago show. (3 Viewers)

Hi Konrad,

You will be sorely missed by John and myself as well as many, many others. The show will not seem the same without you present.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

We'll all get together and have a drink or two or twelve in Konrad's honor.................^&grin

If I were you, I'd bring about 5 grand in cash; you know, just in case you see anything that trips your trigger in rooms 5340, 5342 and 5344..........:wink2:

I will be making a pit stop by your rooms first thing Friday afternoon George, looking forward to it!!!!

On another note, I'm sorry to hear of some of the fellas here there usually go will not make it this year, Brad you got two months basically to rest your dogs (feet :)) hopefully in that time you can heal and make it to the show, if I can make you can make it!!!!!!!!^&grin^&grin...Sammy

We'll all get together and have a drink or two or twelve in Konrad's honor.................^&grin

Count me in!!!!

I have my bottle opener armed and ready!

yellow-octopus-military-man-bottle-opener2.jpg

I am also out this year, my youngest granddaughter turns one and we are celebrating that weekend. The only thing that can trump this hobby and the ACW is the world's cutest (in my opinion) about to be one year old granddaughter. I will definitely make it next year. All the best. Chris

Sorry you won't be able to make it Chris, I was going to do a Pickett's Charge diorama in my room on a 1 to 1 scale in your honor................:wink2:

Understood about the granddaughters birthday shindig; but does that mean it will be the same weekend as OTSN from here on out? If so, you attending the show might be a non starter..................:(...............

I would really have enjoyed seeing that depiction of Pickets charge, maybe next year, the original plan was for me to go to the show first and then to Austin for her first birthday but it did not work out for us this year, we have already made plans for 2017 so it is almost a lock on me attending... have fun at the show, it looks like a real "must do"... Chris

I thought i would use this space in order to extend a invitation to any interested k&c ww 11 collectors that plan on attending the 36th otsn show to come, and visit my english walkout basement located next to crystal lake illinois.i live about 30 minutes from the hotel. The basement serves as a museum and showroom for k&c ww 11 product, that as a authorized dealer, i have been selling for the last 16 years. I will gladly pick you up at the hotel,drive you to my home ,than return you to the hotel. No obligation to buy. The basement by the way is 2800 sq ft. I do not have a room this year, but will be in the hallway leading to the main showroom the day of the show. This will be my 34th otsn by the way .drop me a e mail,private message or call me if interested in making a reservation. P-815-356-7891 or c-815-404 -8779 regards!

I thought i would use this space in order to extend a invitation to any interested k&c ww 11 collectors that plan on attending the 36th otsn show to come, and visit my english walkout basement located next to crystal lake illinois.i live about 30 minutes from the hotel. The basement serves as a museum and showroom for k&c ww 11 product, that as a authorized dealer, i have been selling for the last 16 years. I will gladly pick you up at the hotel,drive you to my home ,than return you to the hotel. No obligation to buy. The basement by the way is 2800 sq ft. I do not have a room this year, but will be in the hallway leading to the main showroom the day of the show. This will be my 34th otsn by the way .drop me a e mail,private message or call me if interested in making a reservation. P-815-356-7891 or c-815-404 -8779 regards!

Bill, any chance of you posting some photos of your showroom?? sounds like a really nice set up, I personally would love to check it out, I'll be at the show from Fri-Mon...Sammy

Sammy! i will gladly rendevious with you and drive you to my house and back I`m not sure whether photos of the basement belong on this thread.SEND ME YOUR E MAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL E MAIL TO YOU. REGARDS!

Guys...got to ask, what does OTSN stand for anyway?? I always called it the Chicago show...Sammy

Technically: Old Toy Soldier Newsletter (OTSN) after the founders back in the day.
Now it is CTSS: Chicago Toy Soldier Show.
http://chicagotoysoldiershow.com/ if you want to know more!

But I think most will still call it OTSN!

Julie

Guys...got to ask, what does OTSN stand for anyway?? I always called it the Chicago show...Sammy

Sammy;

Below is Front & Back cover of my February 1983 issue of "Old Toy Soldier Newsletter".

Otsn_021983.jpg

I'm probably out as well. I've developed plantar fasciitis, which means I need to stay off my feet as much as possible. Walking around would not help it.

I figured someone would just wheel you around in a big, bulky wheelchair! That would be brilliant in those small rooms...

It turns out that we're returning from vacation on the Thursday of the show (not good planning on my part!) so I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

I figured someone would just wheel you around in a big, bulky wheelchair! That would be brilliant in those small rooms...

One of those scooters would be better; coming into a room, bowling over displays, then backing up and hearing "BEEP...........BEEP............BEEP..........."

That would be all kinds of awesome.

One of those scooters would be better; coming into a room, bowling over displays, then backing up and hearing "BEEP...........BEEP............BEEP..........."

That would be all kinds of awesome.

George your worst nightmare! Or how about a group of kids brought in by a parent? Then you have the plastic collector trying to negotiate a $2 figure to .75 cents like it was a multi national trade deal. That's why at OTSN I'm just a buyer - customer, not a seller.
Gary

Finally!!!!! just realized a bit ago that the show is next month!!!!!! can you tell I am just a tad bit excited?? you dam right, it's been 4 longggg years trying to get to this show and now I'm counting the weeks instead of the months!!...Sammy

George your worst nightmare! Or how about a group of kids brought in by a parent? Then you have the plastic collector trying to negotiate a $2 figure to .75 cents like it was a multi national trade deal. That's why at OTSN I'm just a buyer - customer, not a seller.
Gary

Yeah, a stampede of kids into a crowded hotel room would be just wonderful on a number of levels.

As far as the plastic collector; as long as he's willing to buy one set at a time and not wait for BOTH sides to be represented, I'm ok with that...............:wink2:

OK fellas, quick question....do most of the sellers/businesses at the show take credit cards or it wise to bring cash as well???...Sammy

I did understand that a few years back the ATM ran out of cash, so plan accordingly.

As far as military interest day trips

1. Cantigny Park in Wheaton IL. Home of the 1st Division Museum.
2. The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. U-505 display

Brian

Also the Pritzker Military Museum and Library, on Michigan Avenue across the street from the Art Institute. Fabulous. :salute::{sm0}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back