2016 Chicago show. (2 Viewers)

Portillo's are all company owned, and were owned by the original guy until about a year ago when Dick Portillo sold the company. There are actually two within not much more than two miles of the Hyatt, both on Golf road, one east and one west. Lots of discussion about whether their beef sandwiches are the best in the area, but I think hands-down most folks agree they have the best Chicago hot dogs. It does get crowded, but the ones in Schaumburg are not packed with tourists, (it's not just a tourist area, other than for trade shows like ours) so the locals know something.

Vienna Beef Hot dogs are the best. Portillos uses them but so do most Chicago Hot dogs stands.

Portillos, the BEST. Please get the chocolate cake shake. About 5000 calories but so what your on vacation.
Gary

Watch out. Gary wants you to eat a lot so he can beat you to the rooms.

No I'm not paid by Portillos but before I step inside the Hyatt on my first day I go to Portillos it's that good.
Gary

Sammy,

I hope to make it. Brad and I are discussing it. If I can, physically, I will.

Louis

Sammy,

I hope to make it. Brad and I are discussing it. If I can, physically, I will.

Louis

We'll get you and Brad a motorized scooter with a sidecar, you can drive around the hotel in it, across the parking lot to eat and down the street to Portillo's.

If you take the scooter to Portillo's, just make sure you've got a porta potty in tow behind it just in case you don't make it back to the hotel in time.................{eek3}

Sammy I'm sure you have heard of some sites like the world largest ball of twine or similer types. Well at OTSN for as long as I can remember there is a guy with the longest and roundest comb-over I have ever seen. Trust me you can't miss him.
Gary

Sammy I'm sure you have heard of some sites like the world largest ball of twine or similer types. Well at OTSN for as long as I can remember there is a guy with the longest and roundest comb-over I have ever seen. Trust me you can't miss him.
Gary

Didn't know Trump was a toy soldier collector :)

Okay guys, its official. I booked a room for Friday night, I am coming in early Friday morning, and leaving on the last flight out Saturday night. I'm in!

Okay guys, its official. I booked a room for Friday night, I am coming in early Friday morning, and leaving on the last flight out Saturday night. I'm in!

Great news; we'll get the battery charged up on that scooter for you................:wink2:

At this point I am planning on attending . . . . . . See you all on Friday the 23rd . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Flight: Booked
Hotel: Booked
Car: Booked

Looks like I'm ready to rock and roll! Someone save me a seat out front and get the booze flowing....oh yeah, and maybe we'll see some toy soldiers too!

Flight: Booked
Hotel: Booked
Car: Booked

Looks like I'm ready to rock and roll! Someone save me a seat out front and get the booze flowing....oh yeah, and maybe we'll see some toy soldiers too!

A place in Boston Alcoholics Anonymous: Reserved! {eek3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back